Bebe

MPTutd

The young fella needs his own thread so people can easily following his progress in the reserves.

Playing Man City in the MSC tomorrow night (live on MUTV), so hopefully we will get to see him.

MPTutd

Thinking about this, maybe SAF wants to see him play as much as we do!. Therefore he might get a game!.

Sw33t

I doubt he'll get a game in the Prem. Possible CC or maybe a 5 minute cameo in the league.

Will be watching the game tomorrow though to see what he looks like. Hopefully these reports of, "Poor in training." and the like will be proved all wrong by a good performance.

MPTutd

Will be watching the game tomorrow though to see what he looks like. Hopefully these reports of, "Poor in training." and the like will be proved all wrong by a good performance.
Where have you heard those rumours?.

Sw33t

Where have you heard those rumours?.
I think it was Mark Ogden and a few others who twittered it in the last week. Gunna try and get a question in to him on his live webchat at midday.

Sw33t

Mark Ogden:
Hi Cain, United's summer signings? Javier Hernandez looked a class act against the MLS All-Stars on the US tour. He has the look of a young Robbie Fowler, which is high praise. Given time, he will hit it off. Not convinced about Chris Smalling yet and Bebe could be the new Lionel Messi or sink without a trace like Zoran Tosic. He's a complete unknown.

Not the answer I wanted. :(

Prophet_of_Doom

Mark Ogden:
Hi Cain, United's summer signings? Javier Hernandez looked a class act against the MLS All-Stars on the US tour. He has the look of a young Robbie Fowler, which is high praise. Given time, he will hit it off. Not convinced about Chris Smalling yet and Bebe could be the new Lionel Messi or sink without a trace like Zoran Tosic. He's a complete unknown.

Not exactly the most insightful of responses in all honesty. Nothing that every United fan (bar the muppets) hasn't already been saying. One would have hoped for a bit more of an inside scoop.

Cain

He's always really ribbing you. So? Nobody opposes
Mark Ogden:

No he didn't comment on the poor in training thing or state what he thought of the transfer policy. Journalists eh.

Cain

He's always really ribbing you. So? Nobody opposes
Doesn't look like Bebe will be playing tonight though:

By the way, just been told that Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Michael Carrick, Anderson, Chris Smalling and Darron Gibson will play for Utd reserves against City at Hyde tonight. Told you the derby was big on all levels now!

Prophet_of_Doom

Doesn't look like Bebe will be playing tonight though:

By the way, just been told that Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Michael Carrick, Anderson, Chris Smalling and Darron Gibson will play for Utd reserves against City at Hyde tonight. Told you the derby was big on all levels now!
It'll be a shame if we don't get to see Bebe, but absolutely fantastic to see Anderson in that list.

Sw33t

I saw that, get in. Also love the way you googled gaudino's garage like I did.

Girish II

Coverage is from 6:30pm and doesn't end until 9pm so can't be anything other than a 7pm start

MPTutd

According to the club site, he has been included in a provisional squad for a Portugal U-21 game against England next month.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Bebe can't make reserve team

From Eurosports: Not sure if this has been posted in here or not.

Sir Alex Ferguson's new £7m signing Bebe has made so little an impact in training at Manchester United he was not even considered for a reserve team match.

Having failed to impress at the club's Carrington base, the new £7 million summer signing was omitted from the reserves' line-up against neighbours Manchester City on Tuesday.

The 20-year-old, whose signing for United was hailed as a fairytale two weeks ago, was a virtual unknown before Ferguson took a punt on him.

Ferguson later admitted he had not even seen Bebe play - nor watched a video of him - but was still willing to take a chance on him after the recommendations of United scouts and his former assistant at Old Trafford Carlos Queiroz.

A deal was pushed through quickly with clubs such as Real Madrid and Benfica also circling with intent, and Ferguson later claimed that "sometimes you just have to go with instinct".

But it appears the Portuguese forward is taking longer to settle in Manchester than expected, with his touch and control reportedly way off the standards United demand, leading reserve team boss Ole Gunnar Solksjaer to overlook him for the match in Hyde.

Bebe's rise to prominence has been nothing short of spectacular. An undistinguished spell at Portuguese third tier club Estrala da Amadora was followed by a free transfer to Guimaraes before United picked him up for £7.4m.

While Bebe was absent from Solksjaer's squad of 16, the match saw the return of midfielder Anderson, who has not played since damaging his cruciate ligament six months ago.

Gary Neville, Wes Brown and Michael Carrick also featured in the 3-1 win Ewen Fields hitting one Federico Macheda grabbing a brace.

PS18

Seems like the media just jumping to conclusions because he didn't feature last night, even though it's barely ten days since he joined.

Rooney1987

Ben Hibbs just said he's in the Portugal announce U21 squad for the Euro qualifiers v England & Macedonia. Bebe in final squad (previously selected in pre-squad).

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I think he will Start the Carling Cup game and he will not appear for the reserves before that.. Just a feeling.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think he will Start the Carling Cup game and he will not appear for the reserves before that.. Just a feeling.
i doubt Fergie will play him in the first team after he didnt feature one game before for us. The fans and the media would kill him if he had a bad game!

SecondFig

Well I guess with Valencia's injury and Cleverley being on loan, he's that tiny bit closer to a place on the bench.

Still think he's a long way from ready though.

Devilton

Looks like someone is going to have to take Bebe out of the corner and tell him it's time to grow up and become a man. Here's hoping when the lad gets his chance he has a good game.

Devilton

it's a sad attempt at humor after a generally shitty night of football.

I'll get my coat.