Bebe

Stretch

I like what I see. He looks a very lively and exciting footballer who has great cross on him. Kept putting the ball into dangerous areas. Pacey but needs to just bulk up a bit. Great opening match for him I'd say.

Drainy

He doesn't really show a lot of improvement so far, although his goal record is decent for a wide player.
Completely agree. Even at reserve level he seems to lack the guile to beat a man, but seems a decent finisher.
Lacks a real football brain, often plays a 50/50 ball and gives it away, when theres no need.

Got potential due to his physique but has a long long way to go.

kklm05

Completely agree. Even at reserve level he seems to lack the guile to beat a man, but seems a decent finisher.
Lacks a real football brain, often plays a 50/50 ball and gives it away, when theres no need.

Got potential due to his physique but has a long long way to go.
Hope he makes it.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think that he started off promising and then dipped. Let's not forget it's a massive move for him and just like that dutch kid we brought in, it takes time. No matter how good you think you are when you come to United, the competition can only bring out the best or worst in you. Hopefully next season we'll see a player that's accepted all the changes that have come about and believes in himself because when he came originally, he looked like he could beat a player. His final ball was threatening. Maybe it hit home how big a chance it is for him and it's taking him time to mentally accept the challenge.

I'm not sure it helps that he's being called a striker at a time when we have established young strikers who are miles more promising and feel at home here

Cold_Boy

There must be some reason why he cost 7 mil?

I mean players like him from such lower ranked teams/leagues hardly cost any money.

I think this is one of the most strangest deals in United's history.

I am not slamming Bebe or SAF. But there must be something we don't know.

Either someone saw some unbelievable unpolished potential in him or there is something else.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I mean players like him from such lower ranked teams/leagues hardly cost any money.

Either someone saw some unbelievable unpolished potential in him or there is something else.
Given that we knew absolutely nothing about the likes of Hernandez and Smalling, we can probably deduce that there's something we don't know about Bebe.

Compared to the other two, he seems like a long term project who needs to develop a football brain.

Bread

I got a lift to wembley with a guy who's son played for United for years and is now at wolves so still knows a lot of the current reserve squad, He said united have hardly paid a thing for Bebe, 7 mil was the agreed fee but mostly add ons apparently.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
He'll be fine.

It'll take some time for him to really feel settled here, he's had an unbelieveable change of lifestyle don't forget, which although it might be an upward move it still needs a fair bit of ajdusting too.

At the moment he doesn't look at all confident in himself or even happy here, which is a concern, but hopefully a good pre-season will help him tremendously and he'll start to improve next season.

datura

Compared to the other two, he seems like a long term project who needs to develop a football brain.
He needs to develop a bit more then just a football brain. The disappointing thing is that there has been very little sign of any real development in his game during the season so far. The only thing he's really shown is that he's not bad in front of goal, the rest of his game is sub-standard.

Ekeke

Hype.

We bought him when he was on the tear in pre-season for his new club. I guess we thought we were being smart by buying him before he does it all through the season and his transfer fee doubles.

He clearly hasnt settled yet and even though he hasnt shown an awful lot yet, he has time on his side.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
My conspiracy theory regarding the Bebe deal is that he was signed basically to give Jorge Mendes money in a 'legit' way.

The guy is an agent of a good few players we are credited with having an interest in, seeminly brokering some weird deal with United/Porto and Iturbe (we'll see if anything ever happens with that). He is also Jose Mourinho's agent - and is involved with the De Gea deal as far as I know.

I reckon the money he received for Bebe (having only been his agent for a few days...) was sweetner money - a way of United getting preference on other players (and possibly Mourinho) further down the line.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
My conspiracy theory regarding the Bebe deal is that he was signed basically to give Jorge Mendes money in a 'legit' way.

The guy is an agent of a good few players we are credited with having an interest in, seeminly brokering some weird deal with United/Porto and Iturbe (we'll see if anything ever happens with that). He is also Jose Mourinho's agent - and is involved with the De Gea deal as far as I know.

I reckon the money he received for Bebe (having only been his agent for a few days...) was sweetner money - a way of United getting preference on other players (and possibly Mourinho) further down the line.
I'm not sure about that, I mean, he could issue an invoice for "player scouting" or whatever

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Interesting that his finishing seems good, isn't he tipped to be a striker long term rather than a winger?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Theres many many ways of doing that without making it hugely high profile and drawing attention to yourself.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Interesting that his finishing seems good, isn't he tipped to be a striker long term rather than a winger?
Makes sense.His wing play leaves a lot to be desired but that wouldn't be the first time a player has started life out there before moving centrally and finding nis niche

Minkaro

Pretty sure Ferguson is meant to have said that both Bebe and Obertan are seen as future strikers.