Beckham 4 part Neflix Documentary

Dazzmondo

Can't wait! Becks' footballing ability is so underrated now. Should have won the Ballon d'Or in '99 and there aren't many Utd players in history you could genuinely say that about.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
These things aren’t documentaries. They are image films.

MarylandMUFan

Just finished it and really enjoyed it. HTG is correct, it is an image film but I still loved it.

Was disappointed they didn't cover his return to Old Trafford with AC Milan. That would have been cool to see again.

Todd

Thought it was very good.

Honestly didn't know that there were allegations of him having had affairs, so that was pretty disappointing.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Thought it was very good.

Honestly didn't know that there were allegations of him having had affairs, so that was pretty disappointing.
Oh he had them. One of his conquests was named Loo I think, real name. Maybe that episode influenced the quaint names he reserved for his kids.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Oh he had them. One of his conquests was named Loo I think, real name. Maybe that episode influenced the quaint names he reserved for his kids.
Rebecca Loos I think

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Didn't realise how much Hoddle had fecked him under the bus. Posh still doesn't like him even 25 years on refers to him as a person not man :lol:
Hoddle was a walking bag of contradictions. Brilliant but poor coach, New Age philosophy but materialistic, very British but went to Monaco etc etc.

Vanrouge

Didn't realise how much Hoddle had fecked him under the bus. Posh still doesn't like him even 25 years on refers to him as a person not man :lol:
Yeah, I'd forgotten that too. It was shocking enough that he justified dropping Becks for a group game by claiming Becks didn't have his head in the game (what happened to keeping it behind closed doors?), and was only compounded by his comments after the red card vs. Argentina. It says a lot when Simeone himself came across better than the England manager. I'd say Hoddle played some part in setting the tone for the subsequent vilification of Becks back in the UK. It was like throwing chum to the tabloid sharks. Shameful from Glenn.

RedRocket9908

I thought this was a good series overall, I thought his treatment of LA Galaxy when he tried to stay at AC Milan was terrible though.

Cantonagotmehere

I watched ep 1 last night with my wife. That was the time I lived in England getting my masters, and became a United fan. Gave me chills. Oh the salad days, where have you gone?!

Looking forward to the rest but assuming ep 1 will be my favorite, obviously.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Thought it was decent.

That being said, found it odd that the 95/96 season wasn't mentioned. That was his breakthrough season and he played a fairly important part in us winning the double.

Vanrouge

Thought it was decent.

That being said, found it odd that the 95/96 season wasn't mentioned. That was his breakthrough season and he played a fairly important part in us winning the double.
I thought it was decent too, but my gripe was that they made it seem like United fans didn't rally around him until the Inter Milan game where Becks was instrumental in Yorke's two goals. As if those two assets somehow redeemed him in our eyes. But that quarter final was in March 1999, long after the events of the World Cup. From what I remember, most United fans protected him from the ludicrous outrage from the very beginning.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I Love him, he was an immense player and seems a quality bloke imo.

I like Victoria too, they seem like fun people who, while achieving their dreams to a dizzying height, haven’t completely lost touch with who they are.

RedIan

Great watch, even the wife who has zero interest in Football enjoyed it.
Both Becks and Posh came a cross as very decent people, they have been through a lot of shit but are very well rewarded for it. Posh,s attitude dealing with her husbands affairs was particularly dignified though there may have been some serious editing of her interviews.

Unam333

I Love him, he was an immense player and seems a quality bloke imo.

I like Victoria too, they seem like fun people who, while achieving their dreams to a dizzying height, haven’t completely lost touch with who they are.
Google for "Rebecca Loos" and "Beckham leaked emails". They are plastic.