Behind Closed Doors: Man United 4-0 Blackburn

haram

Didn’t know where else to put it so thought I’d just make a thread.

ChaddyP

Glad they got some minutes in for those that didn't get much play time in Cardiff

0le

Pretty cool of Blackburn to send a team given the season has started.

red4ever 79

Started the game before the Milan one to be fair, it is why he didn't start. And Ole said it wasn't an injury just he felt something.
No he didnt start the game before Milan. He came on after 60 mins. Listen I'm not smelling bs but that is a hell of a heat rub he is getting on his back.

Marcelinho87

No he didnt start the game before Milan. He came on after 60 mins. Listen I'm not smelling bs but that is a hell of a heat rub he is getting on his back.
No I meant the issue with his back started the game before the Milan game, not that he started the match.. My bad.

It is why he didn't start that game though cause he felt something, Ole's words.

red4ever 79

No I meant the issue with his back started the game before the Milan game, not that he started the match.. My bad.

It is why he didn't start that game though cause he felt something, Ole's words.
Ole said last night after the Milan game he felt some pain in his back and couldnt be risked before the first game of the season. Fine. Less than 16 hours later he is playing. He probably doesnt like Wales

DoomSlayer

Glad to see Pogba's bad back got better in less than 24 hours. Must have a hell of a mattress
Ole exclusively said he doesn't want to risk Pogba before Chelsea and obviously a game against Milan poses a lot more danger to an injury than a game behind close doors against an U23 team.

If there was any truth to Pogba going on strike, why would he play in this one? It's just a match for fitness purposes.

Hawks2008

Played a lot of games this pre-season which is good to see, we should be fit and sharp for Chelsea on the first day. Hope it doesn't lead to us being burnt out later in the season but the focus on fitness is encouraging.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole said last night after the Milan game he felt some pain in his back and couldnt be risked before the first game of the season. Fine. Less than 16 hours later he is playing. He probably doesnt like Wales
Clearly never had back issues.

They can limit your movement one day, a good massage later and you’re back to normal .

villain

Hates Beyoncé

Tiber

Our preseason prep under Ole compared v the Toxic ones effort last year is night and day.

At this point last year our ship was already sinking

Last edited:

red4ever 79

Yes, you seem surprised that a back niggle can be better after a day? It’s definitely possible if something is inflamed.
I have suffered herniated discs at L12, L10 and C8 in my life. I watched Ole's press conference yesterday after the Milan game and he said Pogba didnt travel as he felt pain in his back and they didnt want to risk him for the start of the season. Fast forward what 15 hours later and he is playing. That to me is a little strange to say the least, especially when he had this bad back last week in Norway and couldnt be played from the start. Like I said either he has a hell of a mattress, or he didnt want to travel to Wales

ArjenIsM3

Clearly never had back issues.

They can limit your movement one day, a good massage later and you’re back to normal .
Yeah right. I've had back pains for over a month now and I'm 25 and go to a physio twice a week, doing specific exercises daily. It's just about going back to normal now.

DBT85

I have suffered herniated discs at L12, L10 and C8 in my life. I watched Ole's press conference yesterday after the Milan game and he said Pogba didnt travel as he felt pain in his back and they didnt want to risk him for the start of the season. Fast forward what 15 hours later and he is playing. That to me is a little strange to say the least, especially when he had this bad back last week in Norway and couldnt be played from the start. Like I said either he has a hell of a mattress, or he didnt want to travel to Wales
Or, as has been speculated, he was busy elsewhere giving dybala a haircut.

OsloRed

Yeah right. I've had back pains for over a month now and I'm 25 and go to a physio twice a week, doing specific exercises daily. It's just about going back to normal now.
There are different kinds of back pain, you know. Probably didn't feel like traveling would be the best idea, but he has had a couple of days to work with the physios. Him playing some minutes in a closed-off friendly does not mean he refused to go to Wales just because.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Ahh cool, you must have the exact same pain he does to be able to speak so assuredly on the subject.

Alemar

Do we know the starting squad and subs for this behind-the-doors match?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There’s obviously a difference between a niggle and a proper injury. Pogba clearly isn’t “real world” injured, but felt a twinge. they decided to rest it and not make it worse? travelling in a plane / bus also isn’t good for that sort of thing.

It’s the right thing to do but obviously certain “fans” want to try and make it out to be something negative :lol: