Behind the Curtain | Eastern European draft | The winner: Skizzo

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I am interested in having a scout, so pm me if interested.

prath92

A doubt

Mahrez was born in France. Plays for Algeria. Vieira was born in Senegal but played for France.

Would both players be eligible for France if it was an included country?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
A doubt

Mahrez was born in France. Plays for Algeria. Vieira was born in Senegal but played for France.

Would both players be eligible for France if it was an included country?
1. Only the players who were born in the countries listed below are available for selection. Player's nationality is defined by the place of their birth, not by their ancestry (so the likes of Ibrahimovic aren't eligible). The only exception to this rule are players that represent East Germany (GDR) - only players with caps for East Germany are eligible, regardless of their place of birth.
Mahrez would've been available for France. Vieira wouldn't have been.

Western countries have lots of historical colonies - no such problem in the Eastern Europe.

BorisDeLeFora

Didn't want the middle, would have preferred to be forced to take an obvious superstar, or be able to get two picks close enough together to build a strategy around. At 8th I'm kind of caught in between.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Good question. I'm afraid I'd go back to the penalty system - but as we know now, not seeing the score before voting massively helps
TBF if you don't try a goalkeeping ranking (no point in this draft I don't think as it's much more difficult to rank IMO, although it may be the ignorance talking) you could just do a coin toss. However if you want penalties I'd suggest getting managers to submit 11 penalty directions when they submit tactics- that way you avoid the gap between saying it's penalities and it actually happening.

Also I think running a best drafter award is pretty good idea as at least it gave me some conciliation!

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Downcast 1. Puskas
Moby
green_smiley
Skizzo
Isotope
prath92
Šjor Bepo
BorisDeLeFora
Raees
mazhar13
Tuppet
Enigma_87
Pat_Mustard
RedTiger
Gio
Jayvin

@Moby

Enigma_87

You know who
TBF if you don't try a goalkeeping ranking (no point in this draft I don't think as it's much more difficult to rank IMO, although it may be the ignorance talking) you could just do a coin toss. However if you want penalties I'd suggest getting managers to submit 11 penalty directions when they submit tactics- that way you avoid the gap between saying it's penalities and it actually happening.

Also I think running a best drafter award is pretty good idea as at least it gave me some conciliation!
Good suggestions all of them I agree with them. Especially the penos and best drafter award - it's always good to see how others think of the drafting process.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Ayy, middle of the order once again! :o
Didn't want the middle, would have preferred to be forced to take an obvious superstar, or be able to get two picks close enough together to build a strategy around. At 8th I'm kind of caught in between.
Gio was the 1st to pick in the last draft and lost his 1st game despite having Messi. In the last draft, I was the 14th and lost 26-6 :D

Maybe, are you just superstitious? :wenger:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
That is SOOO against the spirit of the thread, but okay, I'll let that one slide.
It is, but it was always going to be difficult with East Germany. His peak was with a different team but he was born and raised east of the wall

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Alliances like this one should be outlawed for the sake of greater good. :mad:
:lol: As you've seen first-hand when we team up there are a fair few who always vote against me, so having me helping out is probably going to lessen his chances if anything!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He did have caps for East Germany, but he made his name as a German under the unified Germany, winning the Ballon d'Or, Euro 1996, and the Champions League as a German.

Still, he has caps, so he fits under the criteria, so fair enough.

Moby

Dick
He did have caps for East Germany, but he made his name as a German under the unified Germany, winning the Ballon d'Or, Euro 1996, and the Champions League as a German.

I went by what's written in the OP mate.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

The only reason anyone ever paid attention to East Germany terms is Sammer. I also had him as a hidden gem in the All-Time draft and people only worked it out around R6 or so :lol:

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
This may be the first draft where a player of Hansa Rostock will be selected:drool:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The only reason anyone ever paid attention to East Germany terms is Sammer. I also had him as a hidden gem in the All-Time draft and people only worked it out around R6 or so :lol:
Which is disappointing, because there are several great East Germans around as well who could possibly be left unpicked.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Might have been even later than that. @KM had Sammer as his solitary German and we were exploring options for reinforcements further down the line...

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I think he was fairly underrated in the draft community at first until he got a few interesting showings and some managers really put him in the spotlight.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I think he was fairly underrated in the draft community at first until he got a few interesting showings and some managers really put him in the spotlight.
I do remember remarks like 'He is useless in a 4-4-2 system' :lol: