Behind the Curtain | Eastern European draft | The winner: Skizzo

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Saturday's out for me. Weekdays are best here - free until Friday and then again from Monday.
Will have to be next week then. I'll get writeup done on Saturday and we can have the game on a weekday next week.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Will you send me anything today? Or do we postpone until tomorrow
No, we'll get it across in the next couple of hours - just need to get a few minutes at lunch time to finish off the write-up.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Gio (Theon) 1. O. Blokhin 2. V. Voronin 3. V. Bezsonov (Bessonov) 4. D. Šekularac 5. E. Lovchev 6. W. Lubanski 7. W. Weber 8. A. Zavarov 9. I. Viktor 10. I. Belanov 11. A Bashashkin 12. S. Metreveli 13. H. Stoichkov 14. S. Pluskal
Skizzo 1. P. Nedved 2. K. Deyna 3. J. Popluhár 4. V. Jugović 5. A. Kanchelskis 6. K. Urbanczyk 7. N. Matić 8. Z. Anczok 9. J. Gorgoń 10. D. Georgescu 11. M. Soskic 12. D. Berbatov 13. N. Vidic 14. A. Shevchenko

@Gio @Theon you're up
@Skizzo tagging you as you're next

You have your last pick before the final, so think it through, although you probably planned it already

Last edited:

Skizzo

Skizzo 1. P. Nedved 2. K. Deyna 3. J. Popluhár 4. V. Jugović 5. A. Kanchelskis 6. K. Urbanczyk 7. N. Matić 8. Z. Anczok 9. J. Gorgoń 10. D. Georgescu 11. M. Soskic 12. D. Berbatov 13. N. Vidic 14. A. Shevchenko
Gio (Theon) 1. O. Blokhin 2. V. Voronin 3. V. Bezsonov (Bessonov) 4. D. Šekularac 5. E. Lovchev 6. W. Lubanski 7. W. Weber 8. A. Zavarov 9. I. Viktor 10. I. Belanov 11. A Bashashkin 12. S. Metreveli 13. H. Stoichkov 14. S. Pluskal

@Skizzo you're up
@Gio @Theon tagging you as you're next

You have your last pick before the final, so think it through, although you probably planned it already
Think @Gio and @Theon pick before me mate.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Gio (Theon) 1. O. Blokhin 2. V. Voronin 3. V. Bezsonov (Bessonov) 4. D. Šekularac 5. E. Lovchev 6. W. Lubanski 7. W. Weber 8. A. Zavarov 9. I. Viktor 10. I. Belanov 11. A. Bashashkin 12. S. Metreveli 13. H. Stoichkov 14. S. Pluskal 15. S. Kocsis 16. M. Khurtsilava 17. F. Puskas
Skizzo 1. P. Nedved 2. K. Deyna 3. J. Popluhár 4. V. Jugović 5. A. Kanchelskis 6. K. Urbanczyk 7. N. Matić 8. Z. Anczok 9. J. Gorgoń 10. D. Georgescu 11. M. Soskic 12. D. Berbatov 13. N. Vidic 14. A. Shevchenko 15. Z. Boniek 16. I. Netto

@Skizzo

Skizzo

Gio (Theon) 1. O. Blokhin 2. V. Voronin 3. V. Bezsonov (Bessonov) 4. D. Šekularac 5. E. Lovchev 6. W. Lubanski 7. W. Weber 8. A. Zavarov 9. I. Viktor 10. I. Belanov 11. A. Bashashkin 12. S. Metreveli 13. H. Stoichkov 14. S. Pluskal 15. S. Kocsis 16. M. Khurtsilava 17. F. Puskas
Skizzo 1. P. Nedved 2. K. Deyna 3. J. Popluhár 4. V. Jugović 5. A. Kanchelskis 6. K. Urbanczyk 7. N. Matić 8. Z. Anczok 9. J. Gorgoń 10. D. Georgescu 11. M. Soskic 12. D. Berbatov 13. N. Vidic 14. A. Shevchenko 15. Z. Boniek 16. I. Netto 17. D. Dzajic

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Didn't expect that, but I actually really like the look of that pick Skizzo.

I would have loved to have picked Dzajic in this draft. Mentioned it a couple of times in PM, but had he been available I thought it would have been interesting to move Blokhin central and play Dzajic-Blokhin-Stoichkov in a front three - not as orthodox or obvious as Puskas-Kocsis, but the pace and directness of those three would have been incredible and it would have made for an interesting (and slightly different) side.

Skizzo

Didn't expect that, but I actually really like the look of that pick Skizzo.

I would have loved to have picked Dzajic in this draft. Mentioned it a couple of times in PM, but had he been available I thought it would have been interesting to move Blokhin central and play Dzajic-Blokhin-Stoichkov in a front three - not as orthodox or obvious as Puskas-Kocsis, but the pace and directness of those three would have been incredible and it would have made for an interesting (and slightly different) side.
Bit of a gamble at this stage obviously, but think we needed a bit of a shuffle since you guys have (as always) crafted a strong team, and upgraded as well as you could have along the way.

When's good for you guys to play? I can do tomorrow or Thursday, but then I'm on 12 hour graveyard shifts Friday-sunday, so it would have to be Monday-Wednesday of next week.

harms

Staff

Skizzo 1. P. Nedved 2. K. Deyna 3. J. Popluhár 4. V. Jugović 5. A. Kanchelskis 6. K. Urbanczyk 7. N. Matić 8. Z. Anczok 9. J. Gorgoń 10. D. Georgescu 11. M. Soskic 12. D. Berbatov 13. N. Vidic 14. A. Shevchenko 15. Z. Boniek 16. I. Netto 17. D. Dzajic

Well, that's it. Choose the date that suits you and let's get it over with
@Skizzo @Annahnomoss @Gio @Theon

harms

Staff
Interesting picks for both teams. I'm very intrigued about how Gio/Theon will line up with Puskas here and Skizzo with Dzajic/Nedved/Boniek, although it's easier to predict.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Interesting picks for both teams. I'm very intrigued about how Gio/Theon will line up with Puskas here and Skizzo with Dzajic/Nedved/Boniek, although it's easier to predict.
I'm genuinely surprised you find it intriguing, leaving space for Puskas behind a #9 was always the plan given our position in the draft (at the end of the snake, so liable to pick 1st in reinforcements). He'll obviously play as a second striker behind Kocsis.

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm genuinely surprised you find it intriguing, leaving space for Puskas behind a #9 was always the plan given our position in the draft (at the end of the snake, so liable to pick 1st in reinforcements). He'll obviously play as a second striker behind Kocsis.
Instead of Sekularac and no playmaker? Great attack but will be interesting to see your midfield and defence.

harms

Staff
It's not really about Puskas himself (it's obvious that he'll play next to Kocsis, reuniting one of the most prolific partnerships in history), but about the choice of your wide players considering the change in the attacking personnel.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Indeed, bleeding obvious.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It's not really about Puskas himself (it's obvious that he'll play next to Kocsis, reuniting one of the most prolific partnerships in history), but about the choice of your wide players considering the change in the attacking personnel.
Tsk, tsk, don't play out the game on the draft thread.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Ah, well yeah you have more of a point there - I can see what you're getting at to an extent. It's clearly in a different realm compatibility wise to the offensive line up in the the last game IMO and I don't see any real problems, particularly with Stoichkov. And the same with Blokhin in truth. I don't think the shape of the team changes that much, Puskas dropped deep regularly to pick up the ball (as most forwards did in that era).

Instead of Sekularac and no playmaker?
Sekularac was a playmaker :confused: we've just had a whole thread of people saying he can't pass.

Enigma_87

You know who
Sekularac was a playmaker :confused: we've just had a whole thread of people saying he can't pass.
I meant passing on a lot of top notch #10 options or Bozsik/Masopust when I saw you guys going for Puskas. But of course passing on Puskas in this draft is impossible task, being the best player in the draft.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'm glad about those two picks.. was worried we wouldn't see Puskas in the final and Dzajic definitely deserves to there too. Looking forward to this now, should be a cracker.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
When's good for you guys to play? I can do tomorrow or Thursday, but then I'm on 12 hour graveyard shifts Friday-sunday, so it would have to be Monday-Wednesday of next week.
How about Monday then? Would that be okay @harms ?

harms

Staff
What's up, @Gio @Theon ? It already feels like we lost the momentum but I would prefer for us to finish the draft in the next few days if possible.
And, @Skizzo tell us about your schedule this week