Being "right" about a player or manager is not more important than winning games

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Quantitative evidence :lol: Wouldn't you find it equally annoying if we all said you had to support Pogba because you're a united fan and it's your responsibility. What about if we moaned because you're being negative by criticising him?
It used to happen, until those posters soon realised they didn't have a leg to stand on :lol:

Smores

It used to happen, until those posters soon realised they didn't have a leg to stand on :lol:
Doesn't matter if they had a leg to stand on. I thought it was about supporting the club not being right?

el3mel

I said that previously in general. Some here are totally consumed in the idea of proving themselves right and everyone else wrong. It's pretty weird really. Anyone who will try to make a search through some very old threads here, you'll find plenty of wrong opinions and takes on players and managers. Football is a very dynamic sport, things change faster than you believe.

The whole concept of proving myself right and the other wrong is the main reason the forum sucks now plain and simple. It's not fun anymore to go into the forum and just post your opinions on current events, because you know if you're proven wrong some games later people will attack you. Hardly a friendly site to just pass a fun time and talk about your favorite team. Some people can't understand the idea that personal opinions on entertainment stuff are nothing to stick with and there's no problem in them being proven wrong as the time passes. It's nothing relevant or life depending.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Doesn't matter if they had a leg to stand on. I thought it was about supporting the club not being right?
Wanting Solskjaer to get sacked requires us to lose games.
Criticising Pogba doesn't require my team to lose for me to be right, does it? In fact, it helps my team to win.

You haven't thought this through, have you?

Smores

Criticising Pogba doesn't require my team to lose for me to be right, does it?
Criticising Ole doesn't require the team to lose for anyone to be right does it? Unless you think it's not possible to win games with a manager who also deserves criticism. At this level no manager needs to lose a lot of games to not be good enough.

Managers and players both have an impact on the result, positive or negative. There's no distinction, if we were winning every game you couldn't really criticise Pogba either.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Criticising Ole doesn't require the team to lose for anyone to be right does it? Unless you think it's not possible to win games with a manager who also deserves criticism. At this level no manager needs to lose a lot of games to not be good enough.

Managers and players both have an impact on the result, positive or negative. There's no distinction, if we were winning every game you couldn't really criticise Pogba either.
We have a whole clan on here who proudly identify with the term OleOUT!!!

I mean I know there is shifting goalposts (something this clan does all the time) but your statement is not what is being discussed.

Last edited:

Smores

We have a whole clan on here who identify proudly with the team OleOUT!!!
I mean I know there is shifting goalposts (something this clan does all the time) but your statement is not what is being discussed.
You edited your post.

But okay let's now go with wanting out rather than criticism (which we're not allowed to do anyway). It still doesn't require the team to lose anywhere near a majority of course so people could absolutely enjoy us winning without being wrong as you claim.

By your own logic though your positions on Pogba require our own player to have a bad game for you to be right. Again that must mean you enjoy him making mistakes and hate him doing well. Some fan.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
You edited your post.

But okay let's now go with wanting out rather than criticism (which we're not allowed to do anyway). It still doesn't require the team to lose anywhere near a majority of course so people could absolutely enjoy us winning without being wrong as you claim.

By your own logic though your positions on Pogba require our own player to have a bad game for you to be right. Again that must mean you enjoy him making mistakes and hate him doing well. Some fan.
Will not get answer to that one. Thinking player is not good and too hyped is one thing. Going all happy that he had a bad game is exactly the issue we are talking here.

DarkXaero

I agree with the premise of OP, even if I don't agree with his viewpoints regarding Ole, the team, and players. All the blatant "I told you so" and sometimes, hostile gloating, it's embarrassing, and cringeworthy. There are reasonable positions to take as fans on either side of the spectrum, but that's not what's happening here. And that has severely impacted the quality of Caf negatively.