Film Bel-Air [2 Season Pilot Confirmed by Will Smith]

edcunited1878

now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down

It seems to be way too dramatic and dark for what the show portrayed in such wonderful ways and authentic ways. When two cultures clash and try to assimilate/adjust to each other in order to co-exist, it's not going to be all dark and rough all the time. There will be fun and laughs mixed in between. The show was funny and hilarious full of culture/music, but exploring it/approaching it the way they did was amazing.

The movie seems to just fill in the blanks in ways that make it more 'serious' and dark

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It looks like the type of thing that sounds alright in your head, for about an hour.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's a fan made trailer, if you watch it in that way purely as a hypothetical concept then it's kinda funny, kinda sad.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Watching WS reaction and revisiting the whole idea and realising the potential to tackle current issues.... I'm down. Hopefully it happens and is on point.

Chairman Steve

As mentioned before, it’d be more compelling if Will Smith was the Uncle Phil figure of it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
2 season order is pretty impressive... They must have a lot of faith in it.

I'll definitely watch it.

Also Will Smith talking to the first Aunt Viv!

Well that's nice! All I've ever heard /read is about the bad blood between them.

The trailer looked awful but there is a good idea there. Will Smith needs to become the Uncle Phil figure, i cant see a simple recreation with different actors being any good.

Sylar

Also Will Smith talking to the first Aunt Viv!

Thats nice to see. Always wondered why they replaced her. Heard numerous rumours over the years, from her falling out with Will to her falling out with rest of cast, to her being being too dark (not sure where that one came from)...

Nice they get along. Its a shame the real Uncle Phil has passed cos it would have been cool to see each one make a cameo even if its for a different role.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Will this be another vehicle to promote his shit kids?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Granted it's a better idea than straight-up remaking it but I think it misses the idea behind what made it a great show - mixing humour with pathos.

It's like people. You get somebody who's always so serious about shit all the time and you can never take him seriously. Now, if he's funny a lot of the time but comes out with a good point every once in a while then you tend to take it on board.

In other words, the philosophy of Mr Pigeon.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Must be one of the few people that loved the original show and thought that the trailer above was actually pretty fecking cool. Very different vibe naturally, but seems pretty relevant. Id give it a go.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
It's like people. You get somebody who's always so serious about shit all the time and you can never take him seriously. Now, if he's funny a lot of the time but comes out with a good point every once in a while then you tend to take it on board.
Tell us more, O wise one.

Sylar

Must be one of the few people that loved the original show and thought that the trailer above was actually pretty fecking cool. Very different vibe naturally, but seems pretty relevant. Id give it a go.
I'm in the same opinion. A comedy remake would have flopped

A serious take transformed for 2020 is a good idea especially if they can still have the bits of charm that the show had.
The show tackled some really serious issues at the end of the day
-wills father
-being arrested for driving slow
-carlton taking the drugs (speed)
-uncle Phil being in hospital

Those are some episodes that stick out initially

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm in the same opinion. A comedy remake would have flopped

A serious take transformed for 2020 is a good idea especially if they can still have the bits of charm that the show had.
The show tackled some really serious issues at the end of the day
-wills father
-being arrested for driving slow
-carlton taking the drugs (speed)
-uncle Phil being in hospital

Those are some episodes that stick out initially
Agreed. There was another where Carlton gets a gun after Will gets shot which was another excellent episode discussing serious issues in addition to the ones you mentioned.

A lot of the success of this will depend on the cast and their personalities. That’s what made the original so good.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He's not wrong though. Hair whipping, faces constantly scrunched up like distressed puppies, talking about how air doesn't exist and they're both rocket scientists because they eat a lot of kale. Twats.

Tiber

The original fresh prince was a good show, but it still holds up well. Is it a full reboot or telling a very similar story?

Wonder how many of his kids star in it?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I didn't realise the Smith kids were such a point of contention.

If the Carlton dance doesn't feature in this then I'm out.

choccy77

I watched first 3 episodes on Saturday.

It's pretty good.

Very 2022 but you feel like you know everyone.

Carlton though, I hate the guy big time already.

Hillary is Hooooot

It's very dark In places, first episode expands a lot on how Will gets into trouble (2022 style) and basically is moved to stop him from being murdered in retaliation to pulling a gun on local dealer.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It's really good, I think most of the bad reviews are coming from idiots that didn't realise this isn't a comedy. The music choice is great throughout.

I see Will Smith plugging the alchemist in this series too...