Ben Chilwell

Andy_Cole

Isn't he super tight with Maddison and Maguire. Or was it Maddison and someone else. Would help if we do end up going for Maddison in the summer.
He’s a Milton Keys lad and grew up with my friend. May also be tight with those two through Leicester.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
New contract until 2027.

Glad to fend off the purported interest from City. Just hope he can stay fit going forward - I'd not say his absences are as keenly felt as those of James but he's not a million miles away and generally I feel like we can cope with one or the other out but not both.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Glad to fend off the purported interest from City. Just hope he can stay fit going forward - I'd not say his absences are as keenly felt as those of James but he's not a million miles away and generally I feel like we can cope with one or the other out but not both.
The drop off from Chilwell to Alonso last season and Cucurella this season is quite large to be honest. Not as profound as the gap between James and Azpi you’re right, but it’s still a sizeable drop off. We’ll cope far better with James’ absence now that we have Gusto but unless we do the right thing and bin Cucurella, cut our losses, to make space for Maatsen, then we’ll continue to be over reliant on Chilwell.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
The drop off from Chilwell to Alonso last season and Cucurella this season is quite large to be honest. Not as profound as the gap between James and Azpi you’re right, but it’s still a sizeable drop off. We’ll cope far better with James’ absence now that we have Gusto but unless we do the right thing and bin Cucurella, cut our losses, to make space for Maatsen, then we’ll continue to be over reliant on Chilwell.
True. Guess I just mean that for all his foibles Alonso was at least an elite attacking player at that position even last year - to the point where I feel like Cucurella has been even worse this season somehow.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
True. Guess I just mean that for all his foibles Alonso was at least an elite attacking player at that position even last year - to the point where I feel like Cucurella has been even worse this season somehow.
Yeah he was but I felt he always negatively impacted the way we could impose ourselves on games, but yeah he could somewhat carry the can offensively but the drop off elsewhere was huge.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Am sure the Chelsea faithful will be licking their lips at the prospect of the 6-7 games a season with him and James starting :p

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
:mad:

this is very funny but also very mean, damn you!
In all seriousness though, it must be frustrating to have two first choice wingbacks that practically need top class rotation options.

Hopefully they can both overcome their issues and push on next season.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
In all seriousness though, it must be frustrating to have two first choice wingbacks that practically need top class rotation options.

Hopefully they can both overcome their issues and push on next season.
Yeah it's a pity. James seems to be more prone to chronic injuries though whilst Chilwell mostly seems to be extremely unlucky - but who knows going forward at this point.

As rotation options, Gusto is an enticing player (though of course he got hurt within a week of signing for Chelsea and being loaned back) - Cucurella has been beyond disastrous though.

ROFLUTION

Chelsea actually looked better without him yesterday.
Having seen their last 5 games or so, they definitely look more lively with him. Maybe not yesterday, but they can't score goals and he's actually creating and getting at chances. Fat Frank will probably feck it up however.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think he panicked in the moment, and probably hoped a lenient ref would just give him a yellow but the bulk of the blame lies with Cucurella I think.