Ben Shapiro

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by VP89, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Dec 20, 2017

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

(@fcbforever and @Zarlak love this guy)

I learned about Ben Shapiro on youtube and I'm quite sure he'd receive mixed or negative reactions on this thread after reading a couple of posts in the STAR WARS tread (unrelated topic nonetheless).

He's a right wing debate guy pretty much and a former editor-at-large for Breitbart and left after knowing how crooked they are. He has his own show called The Daily Wire on youtube.

Anyway I know very very little about American politics and general politics too. I do enjoy a good debate though and I do find him extremely logical and intelligent in the way he puts himself across. He's certainly rude/offensive at times but I don't think anyone has actually argued him and won in a debate from what I've seen on youtube.

One thing I dislike is his constant mentality that bad things are solely made by the left wing and conservatism is the way forward. Despite this I do think he broadly talks sense and would like to share some of his debates:

NB: Some titles here are annoyingly with stupidly overreactive titles. Ignore these obviously because its just a fan uploader but the videos are still good to watch.

Also I do not mean to offend anyone who are strongly against his views, I just see logic in his words and also find him very intelligent in the way he comes across. I know there are a lot of very clever and knowledgable folk on the caf so I wanted to hear everyone's opinions about him.

Where do you disagree with him? Where is he wrong in his arguments?

2. Dec 20, 2017

hobbers Full Member

Facts don't care about your feelings, gang.
  3. Dec 20, 2017

Scarecrow Having a week off

I just recently started paying him attention. I like him, as a whole, we share a lot of opinions. As a person he's a lot more likable when he's talking one-on-one though. Thought he was great on Rogan's podcast and in his Rubin interview. His more "public" persona, i.e. on Twitter and on his show, is not as appealing.
  4. Dec 20, 2017

Silva Full Member

5. Dec 20, 2017

MTF Full Member

I find that he's in the club of people that are just looking to be polemic and somewhat controversial. And not that its a necessary indictment of a commentator, but he is just a commentator not a subject matter expert on anything. I find the experts usually more worthwhile reading or listening to.

Then on his views, I feel like they're almost entirely partisan and not independent. The general treatment of Obama's foreign policy as somehow anti-american, and not just a disagreement, that he seems to have participated in along with the Republican party was very pathetic.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  6. Dec 20, 2017

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

Bit obsessed with trans people. Is he in denial?
  7. Dec 20, 2017

Zarlak my face causes global warming

Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
    He's a complete bell end with disgusting views on trans people and generally just a troll who likes to poke people and run away or antagonize then deliberately to infuriate them and then claim he's got the moral high ground because he antagonizes them calmly. Absolute tosser of a person.
  8. Dec 20, 2017

Rado_N Yaaas Broncos!

9. Dec 20, 2017

Massive Spanner Thinks Geoff Shreeves has one

Nailed it.

Not sure why it's become so popular to like him. He's a racist, homophobic prick.
  10. Dec 20, 2017

Rado_N Yaaas Broncos!

I'd guess at the Breitbart bot network spamming Facebook about how amazing he is or something.
  11. Dec 20, 2017

Silva Full Member

12. Dec 20, 2017

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

13. Dec 20, 2017

Rado_N Yaaas Broncos!

Read the thread I linked to.
  14. Dec 20, 2017

Don't do that.
  15. Dec 20, 2017

Silva Full Member

16. Dec 20, 2017

fcbforever New Member

Supports:
    FC Bayern München
    Americas Rees-Mogg. Smug cnut whining about how great the 50's have been where he would've had even more people to look down upon.
  17. Dec 20, 2017

hobbers Full Member

Such as?
  18. Dec 20, 2017

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

That is very racist. No defence for that but it seems his view on Isreal is clouded very much by his own religion and personal stance on the issue.

I'm eluding more to the other things he talks of - from feminism to transgenders to media handling of Trump and so on.
  19. Dec 20, 2017

NinjaFletch Full Member

Genuine question, but why does that matter?
  20. Dec 20, 2017

Mrs Smoker Full Member

Supports:
    Panthère du Ndé
    Missplaced letter in the title, think it's Shapiro.
  21. Dec 20, 2017

Rado_N Yaaas Broncos!

Like when he says transgenderism is a mental disorder?

Yea he's awesome.
  22. Dec 20, 2017

Ødegaard formerly MrEriksen Scout

I still maintain that his way of discussing makes it easier (for someone who sits on the sidelines) to understand where he's coming from or his train of thought. I value that in him as a debater as I struggle to get a lot of people on the right side (which i seek out more often because I like challenging my own views of things).
    But with that said, his views are horrible and obviously I don't value his views at all and disagree with just about everything I've heard/read him say.
  23. Dec 20, 2017

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    That’s gas. I only heard of him through the two threads on here. Based on what I read about him I was expecting some sort of super-charismatic evil genius who - if I wasn’t careful - might remove the scales from my eyes and convince me of the error of my liberal ways.

Just watched that trans video and he’s about as charismatic as genital warts. I’m guessing he’s highly educated so I won’t call him stupid but he’s no Sam Harris or Jordan Peterson. Comes across as a less flamboyant, less interesting, frat boy version of Milo Ianoppolous (no idea how to spell his name). Colour me disappointed.
  24. Dec 20, 2017

On a side note, you can always spot bullshit artists by how they insist they have an armoury of “facts” to back up their opinions. Anyone who has a genuinely rigorous intellect talks about “balqnce of evidence”, accepts that data often conflicts and will only very rarely talk about anything in terms of absolute facts.
  25. Dec 20, 2017

I'd suggest watching more than the trans video. He's only known for that because it was a bit of a scandal, he's not really some anti-trans champion. He's much more diverse than Milo and their intelligence is not even comparable (Shapiro is not as smart as he thinks, but still). Though they both have very irritating personalities.
  26. Dec 20, 2017

Mockney Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

He's the villain from a high school outsider comedy who runs the rich preppy school's debate team/evil snobby frat house and who with the help of his dad, whose also the Dean, conspires to frame the cool but sensitive loner/valley girl/inner city kid/stoner that threatens to up upend the system and score a victory for the little guy!

He’s got no charisma at all and I feel sorry for anyone who thinks he’s some kind of trendy young Hitchens. He debates college students, cherry picks facts and insults their identity then acts all smug and superior when they get emotional about it.

He also revels in saying shit like this, for the lulz...

Whadda guy.
  27. Dec 20, 2017

hobbers Full Member

It is though. Or, at least, gender dysphoria is.
  28. Dec 20, 2017

entropy Full Member

Blackface followed by a Ben Shapiro thread. Y U do ‘Tis to me, Caf?
  29. Dec 20, 2017

Eesh. The one thing that unites all of these clowns is that their opinion on absolutely any issue you can think of is 100% predictable. As Sam Harris said, that’s how you spot a fundamentalist. It’s nothing to do with analysing evidence to come to an informed opinion, no matter how much they bleat about “facts”, it’s a fecking doctrine.
  30. Dec 20, 2017

Eboue nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions

Hillary Clinton has been my friend for a decade
    Supports:
    Arsenal
  31. Dec 20, 2017

fellaini's barber New Member

Another thread?
  32. Dec 20, 2017

Zarlak my face causes global warming

Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
    That it's a mental illness that people suffer from, that giving them equal rights is humoring their delusions, praised Trumps ban on transgender people in the military and purposely went out of his way to refer to a transgender person face to face by the wrong gender just to antagonise them. He's just a troll who knows how to replace words in sentences with different ones from a thesaurus to make it sound like he's intelligent.
  33. Dec 20, 2017

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

Its a mental illness that he said he wishes them god speed to fight and said they are more than free to fight it in whatever way they wish. He said that they can't tell him however to call them a female when their actual gender is male or vice versa.

He said you do what you want it doesn't bother me but please dont tell me how to call you because I go by science and I don't think it helps the disease. To quote him its something like ''telling a transgender they're the opposite sex is like telling a schitzophrenic that they're right and the radio is talking to them''. Its not a nice way of putting it and I'm not exact on the science but some of the views here almost suggest as though he has a problem with transgenders. He doesn't seem to have an issue with them but only has an issue when he is dictated to call them a sex which he scientifically believes they're not.
  34. Dec 20, 2017

Minimalist New Member

He's what dumb people think a wise person sounds like. /thread

Look at who he actually 'debates' against for a start (dopey college kids etc).

Sorry if this isn't about Ben Shapiro and there's some other bloke called Sharipo.
  35. Dec 20, 2017

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

He debates often on news channels, had a healthy exchange with congress and so on.

I'm not dumb and I think he articulates his points well. I kind of see some of his views too.
  36. Dec 20, 2017

Minimalist New Member

You don't debate on news channels.

"I'm not dumb" - Don't say that. Even if you are dumb, don't say that again.
  37. Dec 20, 2017

Eboue nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions

Hillary Clinton has been my friend for a decade
    Supports:
    Arsenal
    I mean, you did call him Sharipo instead of Shapiro
  38. Dec 20, 2017

Fener1907 Full Member

He must be making some good money from touring universities. He makes it all look easy, but I wish the people who engaged him were a bit more clued up and/or good at speaking.
  39. Dec 20, 2017

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

Oddly hostile post. I'll say what I want, thanks.

:lol: Yes. Keyboard typo - a chronic one :nervous:
  40. Dec 20, 2017

Minimalist New Member

:lol: Wasn't being hostile. If you say 'I'm not dumb', that's literally what people will think you are (and that you're paranoid about it).

In all honesty, you'd be better just offering up one of Shapiro's points in detail and why you agree with it.