Benitez to Everton ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Stone

I want to see how the cultists at RAWK are dealing in these trying times.

Zoo

Far better option then Nuno. Is bitter but probably a pill that Everton fans should try and swallow

Cloud7

Probably won’t be very glamorous, but I wager he’ll get better results than Carlo. As much as we deservedly mock him, FSW is a good manager.

Interested to see what happens with Liverpool fans. All that fan fiction they wrote about him, what becomes of that now?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He’s a very good manager, much better than given credit for. However he does opt for some odd jobs. Given how much he’s clashed with owners and fans of clubs in the past he’s repeatedly picked jobs where that’ll happen.

However it’s where his family is based a big club ish and good money, if it wasn’t Everton it would be a very interesting prospect.

Tarrou

i bet there were still some on RAWK who secretly hoped he'd return to Liverpool some day, so they'll be chuffed

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The Chelsea lot hated having him there, so you can imagine the Everton reaction!

He's a Liverpool man through and through though, so while it would be surprising him going there, it's not like they are actually any genuine competition to Liverpool, and won't be for the foreseeable. Maybe until Gerrard takes over and they Souness up.

lsd

The Oracle
Wonder will he say he is pleased to be managing a small club as he described them when he was at Liverpool

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

The fat one signs for Everton. Hopefully he absolutely flops whilst pissing off the Kopite scousers in the process.

TheLiverBird

Interesting

3 year contract is it I believe??

he’s not going to be wining them any trophies but with Everton’s ambitions to expand and build a new flash stadium, bringing Benitez in imo is to help lay some decent foundations to spring forward

that’s something that could work imo

but if the Everton fans don’t want it, and create a toxic environment, that will drop the plan dead on its head, it’ll affect the play on the pitch and it’ll be a short term position for Benitez

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think he will be very good for them.
He won't get the chance. Everton fans will riot when they go 5-6 games without a win or have some poor performances at Goodison. Happened under Ancelotti and all their previous managers in last decade so no reason why it won't happen under Benitez.

Bit like Man. United appointing Wenger say in December 2018 instead of OGS, it just dosen't feel right so crowd won't be as patient as under other managers.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He won't get the chance. Everton fans will riot when they go 5-6 games without a win or have some poor performances at Goodison. Happened under Ancelotti and all their previous managers in last decade so no reason why it won't happen under Benitez.
We'll see. I think he''ll win them over fairly quickly.
Under Ancelotti they could attack but couldn't keep teams out due to inconsistency. I'll be very surprised if they don't become super hard to score against under Rafa, for he made that a very consistent part of Newcastle even with there mediocre resources. Plus under him they were consistent. I also don't expect them to deviate much from the attacking play Ancelotti was trying to implement so I doubt they will be boring. Plus he is proven via improving individual players. I'll be very surprised if they are not as or more competitive than David Moyes made west ham last season, under Rafa.

poleglass red

it's a steady appointment, much like Nuno at Spurs, both teams will presumably be hard to break down whilst not playing free flowing football.

Hughie77

Interesting. Fans will be right on his back with a few dodgy results. Strange one I thought . What's wrong with big dunc

Status
Not open for further replies.