Benjamin Mendy charged with eight counts of rape against five women | Released on Bail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

City are not going to play him again regardless, he's done at the highest level.

Lecland07

Continue playing him? Their name will be in the mud.
That would be football fans for you, though, which is why he would probably want to leave himself. If he is not guilty, the club should back him and treat him like any other player. Of course, I don't seem him playing regardless because I doubt he would want to.

Can't see it. City have to, and will, send him packing regardless of the outcome.
If he is not guilty, though, it would have to be Mendy's decision whether he leaves or not, which he probably will. Man City will just have to, and should, treat him like any other player and wait for his decision. They actually have no choice in the matter, in this case.

padr81

Supports
Man City
If he's found not guilty, what should City do?
Same applies to us with Greenwood(ours imo is even more controversial as there are recordings).
They won't be able to sack him but likely let his contract run down on gardening leave if he doesn't accept mutual termination I'd say. Either way he's done at top level football.
Mason is done too regardless of how things end up.

I don't think its even a case of what's right or wrong, clubs just won't want the drama.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They won't be able to sack him but likely let his contract run down on gardening leave if he doesn't accept mutual termination I'd say. Either way he's done at top level football.

I don't think its even a case of what's right or wrong, clubs just won't want the drama.
Im glad that our one is out of contract this summer so we don’t have to worry about what to do.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If he is not guilty, they should treat him like any other player.

He would probably want to move countries, though, so a move would be dead certain, in my opinion.
I assume his contract is close to running out now given he's not been available for close to two years now so will probably just mutual consent the rest and let him go back to France.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Big if but I don't see us dropping Greenwood if he's found not guilty. The club will view him too big a talent to let go and potentially become a WC elsewhere

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
According to one of the ITKs on Bluemoon then evidence against him is quite weak, doesn’t mean the allegations aren’t true but from a legal standpoint he could be found not guilty.
Well maybe no forensic evidence. But if there's a patern of behaviour from multiple seperate witnesses, you'd expect it would be too much evidence overall.

phelans shorts

Big if but I don't see us dropping Greenwood if he's found not guilty. The club will view him too big a talent to let go and potentially become a WC elsewhere
There’s two big things, the evidence that is public is very damning, and the time away from the game at a key age (add in that he was stagnating somewhat before he was arrested) and I don’t think they’ll be that fussed about trying to keep him.

Well, they’d be fecking daft to want to keep him too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
There’s two big things, the evidence that is public is very damning, and the time away from the game at a key age (add in that he was stagnating somewhat before he was arrested) and I don’t think they’ll be that fussed about trying to keep him.

Well, they’d be fecking daft to want to keep him too.
If he's found not guilty the public evidence clearly won't have been as damning as people may think

His stagnation could be a thing though I still feel they wouldn't cut ties until that is proven to be the case

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
If he's found not guilty the public evidence clearly won't have been as damning as people may think

His stagnation could be a thing though I still feel they wouldn't cut ties until that is proven to be the case
Unless it is proven it wasn’t him in the multiple clips, which I highly doubt, then it is as damning as you’re going to get.

Speaking of players as such, was there ever an outcome for Gylfi Sigurdsson? That seemed to happens ages ago now.

Santos J

Unless it is proven it wasn’t him in the multiple clips, which I highly doubt, then it is as damning as you’re going to get.

Speaking of players as such, was there ever an outcome for Gylfi Sigurdsson? That seemed to happens ages ago now.
Bail until 16th July

Conor

Yeah, 6 different women reporting that they were raped by him is very wishy washy.

Classical Mechanic

I don't think they'd be finished if they're found not guilty, or no charges are brought in the case of Greenwood. They'd most likely have to go and play in another country but I'd expect they'd have numerous offers.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Personally I think all of these lads will have to find employment outside of the UK. The court of public opinion is too strong here and will hound them out of clubs if they even try to sign them.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There’s some players who have done heinous crimes yet still found clubs who’d take them on. Aside from Adam Johnson, not sure who else failed to find a club.

choccy77

How come this threads allowed.... yet We are not allowed to discuss Greenwood?

Seems very unlogical

Status
Not open for further replies.