Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerryBerryShrew

Dag nabbit I saw 6 new pages and thought there would be some actual news…

Would be a great signing. Might not be Haaland level but feel like he has the potential to be better than Nunez in the coming years for sure
Having watched him in pre-season, I feel like I have the potential to be better than Nunez and I'm already in my 30's.

Chief123

Maybe not what people want to hear, but he looks very awkward on the ball. He obviously has other good physical attributes and might be a good finisher, but I personally would love for the entire team to be super comfortable on the ball. Ironically, seems similar to Nunez!
Surprising you say that. He actually looks very comfortable on the ball from what I’ve seen.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Maybe not what people want to hear, but he looks very awkward on the ball. He obviously has other good physical attributes and might be a good finisher, but I personally would love for the entire team to be super comfortable on the ball. Ironically, seems similar to Nunez!
I might be completely senile here, but wasn't Ruud also a little awkward on the ball?

city-puma

Remember ETH wants a flexible forward. We have not really gone for any of such candidates publicly this summer. Maybe we have been working silently for a while. Everything is possible.

InfiniteBoredom

He looks genuinely good on the ball to you or the famous “good on the ball for a big man”?
It’s a bit baffling, his touch is always teetering on the verge of a Lukaku-esque disaster, his weight of passing always seems a bit off, yet they somehow came off most of the time. So you are left wondering whether hes one of those players like Suarez who isnt the most refined with their skills but get the job done no matter how the opponents try to stop them, or it’s just a matter of time until they stop working and you are left with a donkey.

His attitude and work rate seemed top-notch though, without the caveat of ‘for a big man’, so that’s nice.

Chief123

He looks genuinely good on the ball to you or the famous “good on the ball for a big man”?
Regardless of him being a big man, he’s more than good enough on the ball. Better than you’d think.

careca07

Romano has said we are aware of him, which probably means we have scouted him. We have scouted 1000s of players though.
which makes it even more impressive that we have only signed Ajax players, former Ajax players, or players who trained with Ajax. Oh and possibly de Jong who used to play for Ajax.

Woodzy

Saying a player is on a clubs list but haven’t made a move is about the safest thing you can say as a journalist.

You call it first if you get it right, if nothing happens then nobody cares.

Dazzmondo

I might be completely senile here, but wasn't Ruud also a little awkward on the ball?
Sorry but Ruud was definitely not awkward on the ball

I think Sesko has some good touches from the little I've seen though. His balance doesn't seem to be a strongsuit which makes his touch look a bit more laboured than it really is imo. I saw him show some great bits of skill in the compilation of his performance against Liverpool. Definitely a lot of talent there whether he can replicate at a higher level or not.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We are in talks, but Salzburg is reluctant to sell.

Zoo

Overpay if he’s genuinely the real deal. Leave him on loan there if needed too.

Superunknown

I know nothing about this guy, but I'm prepared for us to chase him all Summer, if needs be. :wenger:

I'm all in.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Have we just woken up and realised it’s the transfer window and that we finished 6th last year? We went into it briefing we needed 2 attacking players. Ronaldo then told us 4 weeks ago he wanted out. Antony isn’t for sale. We haven’t moved on. We’re only now this week going for this kid - also told he isn’t for sale. What is the plan here? It’s 8 days until kickoff and outside of waiting for FDJ for another 5 weeks in the hope he just suddenly decides he does actually want to join we don’t appear to have a clue who else we can sign. I’m all for giving people the benefit of the doubt but this window is fast becoming a total clusterfeck. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.