g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

saik

It's a possibility that would be good, but I will always admit that I'm in the same mindset as SAF has always been with the idea of stacking up the front line.
Yea I would love for us to get him this season as well. You would find me the biggest muppet in this thread but I sure as hell don't want us to pay 55m to get him this season. That would be absurd.

RedDevilQuebecois

Yea I would love for us to get him this season as well. You would find me the biggest muppet in this thread but I sure as hell don't want us to pay 55m to get him this season. That would be absurd.
The real problem for us is that he could cost a lot more money than that next year, after Ronaldo will be gone and when more teams would shift their eyes on him.

Whatever the deal might be, we better cut it this year.

hobbers

If he costs less than we had set aside for Antony then we should probably get the deal done, if he's really the best option out there.

Drifter

American
Dare I say, he reminds me of a Haaland, seems to be very good in the air and pretty decent on the ground. If he is available, think they should go for it.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Any rumour of us making a bid yet?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We’re at the exploring stage. If Ronaldo leaves. We don’t need an attacker if he stays. Apparently.
Sesko wouldn't be needed if Ronaldo stays as he's not a wide player. He's a striker. We need a winger regardless of Ronaldo, we only need a striker if we lose one.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
We’re at the exploring stage. If Ronaldo leaves. We don’t need an attacker if he stays. Apparently.
Surely now with Martial rumoured injury we'll go all out for a striker, did we honestly think he'll be available for 70% of our games this season, we need cover Elenga isn't ready to produce week in week out, we are really weak on squad depth, we need to dive into the market before it becomes to late.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Sesko wouldn't be needed if Ronaldo stays as he's not a wide player. He's a striker. We need a winger regardless of Ronaldo, we only need a striker if we lose one.
Perhaps. But the issue with that is if Sesko replaced Ronaldo and martial gets injured like it’s very likely he will with his history we are relying on a 19 year old kid who is exceptionally raw to lead the line. That’s an incredible ask and a stupid amount of pressure.

hobbers

Can't plan anything around Ronaldo. If we miss an opportunity to sign our next striker for 5-10 years because Ronaldo was half heartedly stinking up the place at 38 for 1 more season that would be mind blowingly stupid.

He won't be here in 2023. Whatever he does in pre-season, Martial is still a crock and doesn't have a long term future here. Elanga isn't good enough for the club. There's no one else.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Really hope not
We want to find hidden gems, but then when we go for a player who isn't an already recognised name. We don't want them. Yet he'll go City (I don't think he will just talking hypothetically here) then we'll blame the board for being inept for not signing him .

Bratt

We want to find hidden gems, but then when we go for a player who isn't an already recognised name. We don't want them. Yet he'll go City (I don't think he will just talking hypothetically here) then we'll blame the board for being inept for not signing him .
See above mate. I really want us going for him right now, and I do not want any of that loan back talk to happen.

croadyman

Making this signing now would be dictated more by the lack of bodies in our forward line than being hell-bent on signing that particular player, else we would've tried to make the move before now. If we paid the £55m Salzburg reportedly want, that would be a panic buy.

I don't think the circumstances are really comparable to when we signed Rooney. Ferguson had been after him for a while before we actually got him.
Yeah think you are spot on

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sesko is still raw but that's fair enough. Most strikers are raw at age 19 from Shearer to RVN right to Vieri. TBH Sesko had done more at his age then all of these strikers. Many seem to forget that we still have Martial, Rashford and Ronaldo in the team with a small chance of the guy we cannot name returning in the future as well. What we should focus is his movement, his physicality, his eye for goal, his technique and his attitude. The rest will come later something that will probably happen considering that we finally have a manager who can properly coach

croadyman

Sesko is still raw but that's fair enough. Most strikers are raw at age 19 from Shearer to RVN right to Vieri. TBH Sesko had done more at his age then all of these strikers. Many seem to forget that we still have Martial, Rashford and Ronaldo in the team with a small chance of the guy we cannot name returning in the future as well. What we should focus is his movement, his physicality, his eye for goal, his technique and his attitude. The rest will come later something that will probably happen considering that we finally have a manager who can properly coach
He only comes if Ronaldo leaves I reckon

phelans shorts

Perhaps. But the issue with that is if Sesko replaced Ronaldo and martial gets injured like it’s very likely he will with his history we are relying on a 19 year old kid who is exceptionally raw to lead the line. That’s an incredible ask and a stupid amount of pressure.
While this is true, immense pressure does also make diamonds.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He only comes if Ronaldo leaves I reckon
I think we should sign him irrespective of whether Ronaldo stays or leaves. Assuming that Ronaldo won't stink the place with his 'I am a slave' BS attitude, he is still a nearly 38 years old player. Age can catch up with him at any time. We can't rely on just him and Martial. Therefore it would be a great idea to bring in someone now and let him bed in.

croadyman

I think we should sign him irrespective of whether Ronaldo stays or leaves. Assuming that Ronaldo won't stink the place with his 'I am a slave' BS attitude, he is still a nearly 38 years old player. Age can catch up with him at any time. We can't rely on just him and Martial and it would be a great idea to bring in someone now and let him bed in.
Completely agree but it's just my gut feeling

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think we should sign him irrespective of whether Ronaldo stays or leaves. Assuming that Ronaldo won't stink the place with his 'I am a slave' BS attitude, he is still a nearly 38 years old player. Age can catch up with him at any time. We can't rely on just him and Martial. Therefore it would be a great idea to bring in someone now and let him bed in.
Bang on. Sesko and a RW regardless of Ronaldo is what should be happening. That gives 7 options for 3 positions including Elanga. 5 subs, Europa League and World Cup years means everyone will get game time. Add FDJ and we have 7 for 3 in CM too including Garner. AWB out and a RB in and that’s the 25 man squad.

Bratt

100% agree
It could be argued that if Ronaldo leaves we should go after an already developed striker, but who’s really available?
I think going for the likes of Sesko (or Moukoko) now, instead of next summer when prices could be doubled or tripled, is the only right thing to do.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I love him, don’t want him going to Real Madrid, that’s all.
I've tried changing my favourite club several time the option isn't there, It's United before Madrid but I support both teams.

Red_toad

What do you base that on? Half a game in a pre season friendly game and a few youtube highlights? If anyone think's he's going to replace Ronaldo, they're a tad :houllier:
If Ronaldo stays he'll be fine as long as he's playing. Looks like he's now our only fit striker so it won't be an issue for a while.

croadyman

Bang on. Sesko and a RW regardless of Ronaldo is what should be happening. That gives 7 options for 3 positions including Elanga. 5 subs, Europa League and World Cup years means everyone will get game time. Add FDJ and we have 7 for 3 in CM too including Garner. AWB out and a RB in and that’s the 25 man squad.
Yeah we still desperately need

De Jong
RB (attacking)
Antony
Sesko

Can see an absolute max of 2

Teja

Just give up guys. This is our back up plan to Ronaldo.

No way we'll sign another striker when we have both Ronaldo and Martial at CF and Elanga ar RW.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If Ronaldo goes I Can see a more experienced striker like Toney or schick, I’d rather after then wait to see if Martial has a good season before potentially changing him to a young striker that breaks through this season.

Last edited:

Hester_manc

Ronaldo or no Ronaldo we still need a striker. We can not trust Martial or Rashford to come back to their best after last season. And we only have Rashford, Martial, Ronaldo, Sancho and Elanga to our attacking line.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
How did he play tonight? Looks like he was outshone by the 19 year old striker on the opposition?

Bojan Djordjic

He may have some potential, but he shouldn't worth anything more than 20-25m. There's nothing to back up his career to justify that much, its like a Longstaff type of signing, where at we point we wish to buy for 15m but Newcastle was holding out for 50m, which is totally ridiculous.
No, it's not a Longstaff signing. This guy is only 19 and there's been hype about him for years as the next Haaland. He's clearly a few stratospheres above Longstaff who was never that good at all.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

No way we'll sign another striker when we have both Ronaldo and Martial at CF and Elanga ar RW.
What a depressing sentence.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Elanga shouldn’t be anywhere near our first team. He needs to go out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.