Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I've tried changing my favourite club several time the option isn't there, It's United before Madrid but I support both teams.
Ah, got you. I then withdraw my comment.
@Damien could probably help you with that.
Yeah it can only be changed once by a regular member - once set only an admin can edit (to prevent people from trolling by changing their favourite club every few days or so). What would you like the text to be and I/another admin can change it for you.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Yeah it can only be changed once by a regular member - once set only an admin can edit (to prevent people from trolling by changing their favourite club every few days or so). What would you like the text to be and I/another admin can change it for you.
I'll like it to read "Glory Glory Red Devils"

dr.twinny

So just seen that RB Salzburg lost today, however, Sesko played the full 90 minutes. Seems to have had a quiet game by the looks of it.

RedDevilQuebecois

He only comes if Ronaldo leaves I reckon
Comparing the context behind Rooney's arrival in 2004 and any potential Sesko signing now, there are a few similarities that I can see. RVN then and Ronaldo now are established albeit there are obvious signs of decline and oversized self-entitlement. Saha then and Martial now have the same probem - INJURIES! Smith then and Rashford now will try, but the end product can be difficult to find a number of times.

I know that people are worried about the possibility of Sesko leading the line too early if Martial gets injured AND something just does not click with Ronaldo (vis-à-vis Ten Hag's plans and tactics), but it is a risk that everyone must take. Wayne Rooney was also thrown in that situation when Ruud began to get injured more often while Saha/Smith had problems firing their way through as well. It's about thinking ahead of time and seeing what the kid is made of rather than focusing just on short term.

RORY65

Comparing the context behind Rooney's arrival in 2004 and any potential Sesko signing now, there are a few similarities that I can see. RVN then and Ronaldo now are established albeit there are obvious signs of decline and oversized self-entitlement. Saha then and Martial now have the same probem - INJURIES! Smith then and Rashford now will try, but the end product can be difficult to find a number of times.

I know that people are worried about the possibility of Sesko leading the line too early if Martial gets injured AND something just does not click with Ronaldo (vis-à-vis Ten Hag's plans and tactics), but it is a risk that everyone must take. Wayne Rooney was also thrown in that situation when Ruud began to get injured more often while Saha/Smith had problems firing their way through as well. It's about thinking ahead of time and seeing what the kid is made of rather than focusing just on short term.
Wayne Rooney at 18 scored 4 goals in a European Championships, this guy at 19 has 6 goals in the Austrian League so let's acknowledge that even if we signed this kid he would be coming in as a bench option to occasionally get minutes for the time being with the hope of more in the future. I actually quite like the idea of signing someone like this, we have to be realistic that at best we're years away from competing with the very best sides again (and that's dependant on us getting things right which we haven't for a decade) so recruiting younger players who can be developed in the way Ten Hag wants makes sense.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Wayne Rooney was a child prodigy the world hasn't seen since. I'll die on the hill that Rooney was the best teenager of my lifetime. So yeah, the comparison is a bit wild, even if the circumstances in the team might be similar

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wayne Rooney was a child prodigy the world hasn't seen since. I'll die on the hill that Rooney was the best teenager of my lifetime. So yeah, the comparison is a bit wild, even if the circumstances in the team might be similar
Better than Messi? Yh ok

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Better than Messi? Yh ok
Honestly I think Messi is the GOAT, but Rooney was an animal at 18. That Rooney at Euro 2004 was just insane, Messi was good at the same age but wasn't the same as Rooney that broke out at the Euros I think the best teenager at that age I've seen.

I'd say Messi 18/19 years old and onwards started to just destroy everything in his path in world football but it wasn't until Barca shipped out Deco, Ronaldinho so Messi could be center stage that he was able to shine so much. When Pep did that I think everything aligned for Messi (Messi had the ability of course but he wasn't center stage at Barca at that point).

The Getafe goal for instance for Messi when he was 19 was just insane which is for me when he started to just become the name in world football, but you have to also remember Messi at that age had a calf tear at Celtic in the CL which they had to figure out the cause. Looking historically now we know with Messi what he did from the 2007/08 season onwards its clear for all to see.

Messi had a few injuries because of his genetic disorder I believe which needed to be resolved which is why maybe Rooney pips it for me before that 2007/08 season for Messi.

Blood Mage

So when he was still a teenager?
Yeah but my argument is there's never been a better 16/17 year old than Rooney. It could be argued that he peaked as a teenager and was never quite as explosive as an adult.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'd take Antony over Sesko this season honestly, give Sesko another season at Salzburg, then just don't extend Ronaldos contract.

Unless Sesko will learn a lot from Ronaldo or somehow United can get some more cash from somewhere and the fee for Sesko isnt extortionate.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Yeah but my argument is there's never been a better 16/17 year old than Rooney. It could be argued that he peaked as a teenager and was never quite as explosive as an adult.
I think Rooney just had the physique at that age which helped. R9 also had the physique where he could play against strong opposition and be unchallenged too.

Bojan Djordjic

Wayne Rooney at 18 scored 4 goals in a European Championships, this guy at 19 has 6 goals in the Austrian League so let's acknowledge that even if we signed this kid he would be coming in as a bench option to occasionally get minutes for the time being with the hope of more in the future. I actually quite like the idea of signing someone like this, we have to be realistic that at best we're years away from competing with the very best sides again (and that's dependant on us getting things right which we haven't for a decade) so recruiting younger players who can be developed in the way Ten Hag wants makes sense.
Yeah, I agree. People are acting like he'd be our starting striker but really he'll be playing second fiddle to Martial at best but getting plenty of game time I would imagine given his recent injury history and that we are in the Europa League. Great development project for us one would hope.

Bojan Djordjic

I'd take Antony over Sesko this season honestly, give Sesko another season at Salzburg, then just don't extend Ronaldos contract.

Unless Sesko will learn a lot from Ronaldo or somehow United can get some more cash from somewhere and the fee for Sesko isnt extortionate.
We're not going to spend £80-100mn on Antony so its a moot point.

Chief123

How can you forget Freddy Adu? He was the next Pele.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm actually quite surprised seeing how many people are mixing up both the clubs. :lol:
I don’t really watch Austrian or German football - only highlights and occasionally where a player plays.

Leipzig is more famous than Salzburg so it’s bound to happen amongst many.

city-puma

Some analogies might be overstated, but I think you made a great point surely.
It’s something I don’t believe the club has not discussed internally, such as those similar to your point. It’s a big risk and might be challenging as well because they probably don’t want to sell so early. Do we know why Newcastle failed to sign him?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
25mil plus 10m add-ons for the golden boot, knowing how to tie his shoelace, winning the pub quiz and reciting a few poems.
Seriously we should try something like this, 25m plus 10m add on. Its not like we have any other options anyway. But then investing big money on a FW who only managed to score 5 goals in 24 games last season in Austrian league, is quite a risk (Haaland scored 16 goals in 14 games in same league at same age, he only went for less than 20m). But let's hope he would turn out good.

croadyman

Seriously we should try something like this, 25m plus 10m add on. Its not like we have any other options anyway. But then investing big money on a FW who only managed to score 5 goals in 24 games last season in Austrian league, is quite a risk (Haaland scored 16 goals in 14 games in same league at same age, he only went for less than 20m). But let's hope he would turn out good.
Would push it up to 35m plus addons

red thru&thru

I always enjoy reading the mental maths people write on here to advise the club on how to do transfers. Many would have done a better job.

However, I just love how people think what they say is the way to do a transfer and the opposing team would just accept it. The way some of you make transfers out to be is though you're negotiating with a 1 year old. Literally using the phrase, "like taking candy from a baby!"

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I don’t really watch Austrian or German football - only highlights and occasionally where a player plays.

Leipzig is more famous than Salzburg so it’s bound to happen amongst many.
Who aren’t aware that Austria is a different country?! May as well say NYRB too. It has redbull in the name, close enough!

jamesjimmybyrondean

Just give up guys. This is our back up plan to Ronaldo.

No way we'll sign another striker when we have both Ronaldo and Martial at CF and Elanga ar RW.
Yeah I've seen reports that this is just incase Ronaldo leaves. I don't mind preparing for this but it seems this has taken the clubs attention away from getting an RW just going by the reports

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Yeah I've seen reports that this is just incase Ronaldo leaves. I don't mind preparing for this but it seems this has taken the clubs attention away from getting an RW just going by the reports
I’m not sure we ever wanted a RW specifically, we just wanted an attacking player for the forward line. Obviously the link has been Antony at RW. The Ronaldo situation has focused the attention to a striker but I think ETH just wants attacking reinforcements in general.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I’m not sure we ever wanted a RW specifically, we just wanted an attacking player for the forward line. Obviously the link has been Antony at RW. The Ronaldo situation has focused the attention to a striker but I think ETH just wants attacking reinforcements in general.
That's a possibility. The line has always been "We want an attacker". We've targeted Nunez and Brobbery, both strikers and I think even before Ronaldo made it known he wanted to leave .

Sesko news also started coming out after the reports that we are backing away from Antony.

I don't really see the sense in getting another striker and ignoring RW when Ronaldo and Martial are there and Sancho is the only reliable RW we have. Maybe ETH can play a two striker system also?

Last edited:

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Is Sesko better than, say, Broja? Not saying that United should go for Broja, but there’s not a lot to say Sesko is worth 50 million. Paying more for Osimhen would probably be a better bet. Napoli look like they’re selling what they can (not sure why?)

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
That's a possibility. The line has always been "We want an attacker". We've targeted Nunez and Brobbery, both strikers and I think even before Ronaldo made it known he wanted to leave .

Sesko news also started coming out after the reports that we are backing away from Antony.

I don't really see the sense in getting another striker and ignoring RW when Ronaldo and Martial are there and Sancho is the only reliable RW we have. Maybe ETH can play a two striker system also?
Yesterday Bruno played at LW when Eriksen came on I think? Eriksen has played a lot more at RW than Bruno has at LW.

So I do think we have Bruno, Eriksen, Donny, Sancho, Rashford, Martial and Ronaldo, seven players, competing for four positions.

captaincantona

So I do think we have Bruno, Eriksen, Donny, Sancho, Rashford, Martial and Ronaldo, seven players, competing for four positions.
The reason we have looked better up top pre season is the interaction and movement of Sancho, Martial and Rashford. None of the others can interchange with this 3 and do what they do. Throw Elanga in that equation too. Means needing to fit square pegs in round holes again….means we can’t play our system if we need to use Bruno as a false 9 or Ronny.

We need at least one striker and a deputy for Sancho on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.