Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

Who should be that striker when he leaves
I have no idea, I'm not really familiar with who is available across Europe but it seems the market is quite limited. Which leads me to think that this guy being an option is not that silly. Seems a little early in his development but ultimately we're not winning a title overnight, the whole team will have to take a new shape.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I mean unless we are operating without a budget it wouldn't make much sense to sign a striker with Ronaldo and Martial still in the club and other positions needing more urgent reinforcement.

The only way signing him while Ronaldo and Martial are still here makes sense is if the club really likes him and he's about to be snapped up by another club similar to the Malacia deal. I don't think that's the case though. So maybe he's the alternative to Antony, meaning we wouldn't sign a right winger if we get him.
Its been widely reported we want 2 forwards.
Its also been reported Dortmund want to sign Sesko as well as Newcastle

Trequarista10

That wasn't what I asked, I asked why they thought we should sign him and how they'd come to that conclusion.
Strange question to ask one poster, when multitudes of posters are suggesting we sign him based on what they have seen of him (which is what all opinions on transfers is based upon). Just came across weirdly confrontational.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Its been widely reported we want 2 forwards.
Its also been reported Dortmund want to sign Sesko as well as Newcastle
It's been widely reported we want two forwards but only if Ronaldo leaves. It's been reported other clubs are interested but none of them are close to signing him because Salzburg want alot of money and are not keen on selling

Cassidy

It's been widely reported we want two forwards but only if Ronaldo leaves. It's been reported other clubs are interested but none of them are close to signing him because Salzburg want alot of money and are not keen on selling
Only if Ronaldo leaves has not been reported.

Chief123

Sesko doesn't only play through the middle and its reported were after versitle forwards
We aren't signing a 6'4 centre forward to stick him on the wing :lol: Come on
I never said we would stick him on the wing. Neither did I say Antony would have stayed out wide.
We’re looking for versatile forwards, he might play wide in a few games to get minutes or cover
Sesko is not an alternative to Antony. I’m afraid Sesko doesn’t play anywhere other than striker.
In the last 4 years, in 64 appearances he has played striker in 63 of them.

Cassidy

Sesko is not an alternative to Antony. I’m afraid Sesko doesn’t play anywhere other than striker.
He played alot in a 2 striker system which meant he operated a lot as a wide forward

Cassidy

He’s a striker. He’s not a wide forward or winger. If we bought him we’d never see him play out wide.
I never called him a winger and Greenwood and Rashford were what? Martial too for that matter

Dazzmondo

That doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't play there for us. From what I've seen he regularly goes out wide anyway, particularly to the right wing. Obviously he'd be brought in primarily to be our backup striker but we could definitely try playing him wide on occasion similar to the way we played Tevez and Rooney (or Greenwood more recently).

Snafu17

Don't know how reliable Ekipa are but they are certainly a trash newspaper. Most of their articles are complete garbage.

This move would come way too soon for Šeško anyway. He's a great talent, but he's far from ready. A smaller step to a decent German team after a successful 22/23 season with Salzburg would be a way more sensible move for him.

Red_toad

Strange question to ask one poster, when multitudes of posters are suggesting we sign him based on what they have seen of him (which is what all opinions on transfers is based upon). Just came across weirdly confrontational.
I trust their opinion ;)

Tarrou

Why should it matter if Ronaldo stays or goes.

Buy him anyway and loan him out for the year if we have to. Ronaldo is gone next year no matter what
Budget, I guess?

We have too many holes to fill

I'd agree that's the best thing to do budget permitting, though

Cassidy

Can't afford De Jong, Antony & CF, therefore see us looking at a cheaper option on that right side.
We’ll be selling players, but yes we may not get Antony. We will be signing more than one attacker though, or at least that is what Ten Hag wants. People seem to forget we do not even have a Rashford backup, Elanga isn't going to cut it based on pre season

Rauður Djöfull

Can't really tell if this is looking likely or not

Hopefully some good things and action coming this week on more than one transfer as we still need 3-5 more

Bojan Djordjic

Im telling you we wouldn't replace Ronaldo with a player not ready to score goals immediately
I think like it or not Martial is going to be our first choice starter. He's been our best player in pre-season and at his best and injury free can score 15 goals per season. That's as many goals as guys like Osimhen are scoring. Sesko would be a second fiddle option but one who has quite a high ceiling if he can reach it. Unlike our other options, he's good at leading the line and occupying central defenders and he presses like a maniac which is obviously key for ETH's forwards.

Cassidy

I think like it or not Martial is going to be our first choice starter. He's been our best player in pre-season and at his best and injury free can score 15 goals per season. That's as many goals as guys like Osimhen are scoring. Sesko would be a second fiddle option but one who has quite a high ceiling if he can reach it. Unlike our other options, he's good at leading the line and occupying central defenders and he presses like a maniac which is obviously key for ETH's forwards.
Ronaldo will be

Bojan Djordjic

In fairness, the club had one of the most exciting forwards in world football. Short term signings while he developed were fine. No one could envision how that would end up.
Greenwood? Never seen anyone to get so overhyped since he vanished from the scene. He was clearly a sensational youth prospect but he was showing very little progress in becoming a centre forward because of his terrible positioning and inability to lead the line. His production from the wing was always going to hit a ceiling because he couldn't really dribble very well and his participation in build up was not that good. His main attribute was using his two-footedness to getting shots off but even at that a lot of his goals came from low percentage shots that you probably shouldn't be taking and his goals in his best season far outstripped his xG so it was always going to be difficult to replicate. People are now talking about him being generational but he's never even been the main man for any underage team at international level.

Bojan Djordjic

Ronaldo will be
You think Ronaldo will be here at the end of the window?

Judging by his body language when EtH was giving him tactical instructions during the waterbreak today, I think Ten Hag will want to get rid of him as soon as possible before he poisons the well regardless of what's being said publicly.

Cassidy

Judging by his body language when EtH was giving him tactical instructions during the waterbreak today, I think Ten Hag will want to get rid of him as soon as possible before he poisons the well regardless of what's being said publicly.
Yes I do

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

I agree. The sooner we can offload him the better. Everything about him screams toxicity at this point. He’s not even an effective team player anymore. Just an individual looking to stat pad. We need him gone. If we could bring in Sesko, and a wide forward to offer competition, I’d even take someone like Werner, we’d be so much better off.

Trequarista10

Greenwood? Never seen anyone to get so overhyped since he vanished from the scene. He was clearly a sensational youth prospect but he was showing very little progress in becoming a centre forward because of his terrible positioning and inability to lead the line. His production from the wing was always going to hit a ceiling because he couldn't really dribble very well and his participation in build up was not that good. His main attribute was using his two-footedness to getting shots off but even at that a lot of his goals came from low percentage shots that you probably shouldn't be taking and his goals in his best season far outstripped his xG so it was always going to be difficult to replicate. People are now talking about him being generational but he's never even been the main man for any underage team at international level.
I agree on Greenwood's limitations at senior level (didn't assert himself, all round game lacking except his two footed finishing and occasional flashes of skill), but the hype was most definitely there before the events. It was expected, even assumed inevitable, that he would in time show the additional elements to his game and become a top player. There was some mild frustration growing that he wasn't progressing as people expected. In hindsight, seems he was probably too thick.

Bojan Djordjic

I agree. The sooner we can offload him the better. Everything about him screams toxicity at this point. He’s not even an effective team player anymore. Just an individual looking to stat pad. We need him gone. If we could bring in Sesko, and a wide forward to offer competition, I’d even take someone like Werner, we’d be so much better off.
Yeah, I mean I'm sick of people talking about his ultra-professionalism. Being professional doesn't just mean keeping yourself in shape and eating the correct foods and not drinking fizzy drinks. It's also being a good team-mate, making sacrifices for the team and in general not being a dick around the office.

dedek_mraz

Regarding the Chelsea interest and Šeško's agent meeting Boehly... its a bit concerning that this is the second rumor about him waiting for clubs other than United..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.