Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

How many did we concede last year with those guys there?
It is not just a matter of height it is a matter of tracking and marking and challenging for the ball and that is what has to be addressed.
We didn’t defend the best with them but you can’t defend set pieces well with no physical presence either. No matter how good your marking is we would just get physically out muscled. You need at least a few who are capable of dealing with the opponents tall physical players.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I know so little about him. I just wonder if Vardy isn't a better bet until ETH sorts things out at the club

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Are we really in for this guy?? He is too much of a head down player with the ball at his feet, he will get found out at the very highest level. Not the quality we should be aiming for

aeh1991

People are going over board here. Before his game against Liverpool and United interest , not one club tried to sign him.
So people describing him as next best talent need to calm down. He might end up good but there is a very good chance he might just turn out average. Given our options at front , would welcome this signing as we need numbers. But 30-45 mill is not a small amount for this guy.
He's been already considered a huge talent and Salzburg's "the next big thing after Haaland" (next to Adeyemi) when he first debuted for Salzburg. His talent was already visible at a very young age, similar to Haaland's. I think the media attention has indeed grown since the Liverpool game, but most top clubs should have been interested in him before that.

Last edited:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Are we really in for this guy?? He is too much of a head down player with the ball at his feet, he will get found out at the very highest level. Not the quality we should be aiming for
He is 19 you know

Crimson King

Have you ever seen Haaland run with the ball? Barely ever looks up, and apparently he's going to be the best striker in the world.

Stack

Have you ever seen Haaland run with the ball? Barely ever looks up, and apparently he's going to be the best striker in the world.
Bollocks, he is constantly looking up. Totally different style running with the ball. He is constantly taking quick looks up. You should look again you are completely wrong.
Sesko is lacking, he will be found out.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Bollocks, he is constantly looking up. Totally different style running with the ball. He is constantly taking quick looks up. You should look again you are completely wrong.
Tell us, what did Sesko do to hurt you

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I assume FDJ is done, and there was a tweet today about ETH wanting 2 attackers for the forward line. With our sales as well we may have a busy close to the window!
Well given our track record in shifting players on I wouldnt expect too much to happen - perhaps some loans out close to the end of the window where we end up paying a chunk of the players wage

dedek_mraz

Here is a video recap of a recent game when Šeško and Haaland faced each other for their national teams. While not the best game for both, you can see that Haaland is far superior in runs off the ball and strikers instincts, but Šeško is more willing to get involved in general play and build-up. Right now Šeško's game needs a fair bit of polishing, but who better to improve your passing and positioning game than a coach like Ten Hag?

Note also that Šeško presses alot more agressively than Haaland and does it to good effect, I think he nicks the ball of the oppo player because of his press on 3 occasion in that match, which will certainly suit Ten Hag ball.

Reactions: 711

Stack

Here is a video recap of a recent game when Šeško and Haaland faced each other for their national teams. While not the best game for both, you can see that Haaland is far superior in runs off the ball and strikers instincts, but Šeško is more willing to get involved in general play and build-up. Right now Šeško's game needs a fair bit of polishing, but who better to improve your passing and positioning game than a coach like Ten Hag?
Look he is going to be a really good player and he already is a really good player for his age. My issue is that his dribbling style is flawed and at the top level will be found out. Origi for Liverpool had a problem in that his technique fell apart at pace. He was super quick, worked really hard and was a good player but he was never able to establish himself as a 1st choice pick week in week out because that technical flaw kept tripping him up and he wasnt consistent.
I dont think Sesko can overcome something that by the age of 19 is embedded, it will trip him up with respect to being a consistent starter for a top 4 EPL team. Its an opinion, will be more than happy if he comes here and proves me wrong.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We have no problems spotting the top young guns but as we’ve seen recently we do have problems getting them to buy in to where we’ve been trying to get to. Surely it should be the other way around seeing as this is probably the easiest United team to get into in 35 years…

dedek_mraz

Look he is going to be a really good player and he already is a really good player for his age. My issue is that his dribbling style is flawed and at the top level will be found out. Origi for Liverpool had a problem in that his technique fell apart at pace. He was super quick, worked really hard and was a good player but he was never able to establish himself as a 1st choice pick week in week out because that technical flaw kept tripping him up and he wasnt consistent.
I dont think Sesko can overcome something that by the age of 19 is embedded, it will trip him up with respect to being a consistent starter for a top 4 EPL team. Its an opinion, will be more than happy if he comes here and proves me wrong.
I agree, its a legit concern, and it may well prove to be the case. There is also no doubt that Haaland even at the same age as Šeško was far superior player. Like it always is with prospects, you can never be sure how they're gonna turn out, but at least with Ten Hag, he could be given a chance of wastly improving his deficiencies. It's undoubtedly easier to be a sufficient passer in a system based teamplay, even if your not a natural for it. Ideally United would wait a year or two to see if Šeško develops in the right direction, but with our striker situation as is and our ever diminishing pull for top players, I think its the right time to take a chance on Šeško.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That's because Pep probably told him that he would be more aerodynamic running this way. Shaving his head bald would even be faster.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I agree, its a legit concern, and it may well prove to be the case. There is also no doubt that Haaland even at the same age as Šeško was far superior player. Like it always is with prospects, you can never be sure how they're gonna turn out, but at least with Ten Hag, he could be given a chance of wastly improving his deficiencies. It's undoubtedly easier to be a sufficient passer in a system based teamplay, even if your not a natural for it. Ideally United would wait a year or two to see if Šeško develops in the right direction, but with our striker situation as is and our ever diminishing pull for top players, I think its the right time to take a chance on Šeško.
But they ain't no Patrik Schick, according to luckyscout

Crimson King

Meh, whenever I've watched him play he's mostly been getting on the end of a through ball or cross. The few times I've seen him dribble it's been more a case of head down and charge. Normally works quite well for him though.

Bondi77

We didn’t defend the best with them but you can’t defend set pieces well with no physical presence either. No matter how good your marking is we would just get physically out muscled. You need at least a few who are capable of dealing with the opponents tall physical players.
MaGuire, Varane and McTominay......that is a few!

Chief123

MaGuire, Varane and McTominay......that is a few!
Check my original post. Out of the 3 you mentioned Maguire looks to be the only first choice. Varane and Mctominay aren’t going to help us defend a set piece when they are sat on the bench.

Our best XI is potentially

De Gea

Dalot
Maguire
Martinez
Malacia

FDJ/Neves
Fred
Bruno

Sancho
Martial
Rashford

That’s not a team that is going to deal with corners well. All the way back to my original point, Sesko would be a big plus in defensive set piece situations.

Bondi77

Check my original post. Out of the 3 you mentioned Maguire looks to be the only first choice. Varane and Mctominay aren’t going to help us defend a set piece when they are sat on the bench.

Our best XI is potentially

De Gea

Dalot
Maguire
Martinez
Malacia

FDJ/Neves
Fred
Bruno

Sancho
Martial
Rashford

That’s not a team that is going to deal with corners well. All the way back to my original point, Sesko would be a big plus in defensive set piece situations.
Let us deal with the players that are actually at the club and not go FPL mode yet eh?

Chief123

Let us deal with the players that are actually at the club and not go FPL mode yet eh?
Have you had your head buried in the sand? The lineup has 10 players in the club. Only 1 of them is what we are chasing and it is reported we will get one of them. You’ve just tried to completely deflect from the original point to which you had a very poor response. We defended set pieces badly so according to you it doesn’t matter if we just have a team of midgets because it’s just about marking and tracking. Great work.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Well given our track record in shifting players on I wouldnt expect too much to happen - perhaps some loans out close to the end of the window where we end up paying a chunk of the players wage
As long as some players move on I’m fine with that. We don’t need unhappy players around the place killing the attitude.

Bondi77

Have you had your head buried in the sand? The lineup has 10 players in the club. Only 1 of them is what we are chasing and it is reported we will get one of them. You’ve just tried to completely deflect from the original point to which you had a very poor response. We defended set pieces badly so according to you it doesn’t matter if we just have a team of midgets because it’s just about marking and tracking. Great work.
I never even read your original post :lol: but if you think that Varane will not see a lot of game time in only his second season if he stays injury free (while raking in £350k) a week then I don't know what you are smoking!!
I will believe it when I see it if we get Frenkie but I will have a bet with you that if we don't we will not go for Neves...do you fancy that?

Chief123

I never even read your original post :lol: but if you think that Varane will not see a lot of game time in only his second season if he stays injury free (while raking in £350k) a week then I don't know what you are smoking!!
I will believe it when I see it if we get Frenkie but I will have a bet with you that if we don't we will not go for Neves...do you fancy that?
Well you clearly did read my original post as you replied to it, unless you reply to posts without even reading them! :annoyed: And ever since your replies have just got worse. Move on lad.

city-puma

People are going over board here. Before his game against Liverpool and United interest , not one club tried to sign him.
So people describing him as next best talent need to calm down. He might end up good but there is a very good chance he might just turn out average. Given our options at front , would welcome this signing as we need numbers. But 30-45 mill is not a small amount for this guy.
Newcastle had been trying hard to sign hm not long ago but somehow failed. I don’t know why though.
agree the price like that is too high. Should be < 20 mils.

Status
Not open for further replies.