Best and worst players of the season so far?

Schmeichels pinky

Højlund is closer to worst than best so no idea why he's being mentioned. Would probably give Antony a run for it if not for recent scoring form.
One of the most extreme takes I’ve seen. How do you come to the conclusion that our new young striker who has had so little service is nearly as bad as Antony - unless you only look at goals and not overall performance?

Todd

Shaw, Dalot, Maguire, Mainoo, Bruno, McSauce, and Hojlund have been guys that have generally given a good account of themselves this season.

Rashford and Antony have been major disappointments, but at least Rashford seems to be coming alive now. Antony just about needs to be binned at this point.

Onana has cost us points on more than one occasion and is probably the worst performer overall.

Monks_United

Anotny's been the best player on the pitch for our opposition whenever he has played and the worst for us. /Thread_Closed

Shark

@NotShark
Best: Garnacho, Hojilund, Dalot, Maguire, Mainoo, Shaw, Mctomminay, Bruno. I'd say they're the standouts in a fairly dire season.

Absolute worst: Antony, Rashford, Onana, Martial, Sancho

Somewhere in between/no fault of their own: Varane, Mount, AWB, Lindelof, Casemiro, Eriksen.

Last edited:

ForeverRed1

Hojlund, garnacho, Mainoo, Maguire, dalot have been good. Mctominay deserves a special mention for the goals.

For me, rashford is the biggest disappointment, purely based on the gap between his ceiling and expectation to what we have actually got from him.

we need him to step up more than any other player.

hobbers

Best: Dalot, Maguire, Mainoo
Good: Garnacho, Hojlund

Bad: Onana, Casemiro
Worst: Rashford, Antony, Mount, Martial

BehemothTerror

Best
Dalot - Been generally OK, to good most games, has scored/assisted some important goals
McTominay - Has probably contributed the most in the squad in regards to point winning moments
Garnacho - He's still not quite where we want him to be but for his second season he's really kicking on

Worst
Sancho - Considering what we thought we were getting his mentality is like wet cardboard
Onana - Has probably cost us the most points and single handedly knocked us out of the CL with his preformances. He might come good but he looks shakey as hell, slow to react to shots and a liability at set pieces
Armabat - Debut game aside he's been a long way from the all action cog in midfield we thought we were going to get
Rashford/Anthony - Considering the levels we expect of the the lack of goals and assists really crippled our start to the season

Last edited:

jem

Best is obviously Bruno, by a longshot. Trailing him there's Dalot and Garnacho, but Maguire (Caf favorite) and Mainoo (small sample) also deserves a shout.

Højlund is closer to worst than best so no idea why he's being mentioned. Would probably give Antony a run for it if not for recent scoring form.
So Mainoo gets a shout for recent form (because his small sample size is pretty recent) whilst Hojlund's recent form doesn't get factored in (nevermind his Champion's League exploits)?

poleglass red

Best - Mainoo, very small sample size, played less than 1/2 our league games, but in a poor season, he's been one of the few bright sparks
worst - Anthony

give a mention to Evans who has stepped admirably up when needed.

mu4c_20le

So Mainoo gets a shout for recent form (because his small sample size is pretty recent) whilst Hojlund's recent form doesn't get factored in (nevermind his Champion's League exploits)?
Mainoo never showed poor form, he was just injured at the start of the season. Hojlund still has to make up for this:

jem

Mainoo never showed poor form, he was just injured at the start of the season. Hojlund still has to make up for this:

Which is exactly what he's in the process of doing now (and again, which he also did in the CL group stages.) It's hardly been a perfect start, but to group him in the 'worst player' bracket is outrageous.

mu4c_20le

Which is exactly what he's in the process of doing now (and again, which he also did in the CL group stages.) It's hardly been a perfect start, but to group him in the 'worst player' bracket is outrageous.
Bit harsh but he did say "closer" to worst than actual worst tbf

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Best: A toss up between Dalot, Nacho and Hoijlund
Worst: Rashford, Onana, Anthony

This is not to trash anyone, i am staying positive that Onana can get to grips with this over the remainder of the season.
I feel the writing is on the wall for Rashy, a move to PSG to replace Mbappe may suit him as his position is so similar to Mbappe and he would tear up Ligue 1.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
BEST
Bruno
is quietly having a good season amidst the shitstorm. Dalot has been solid. Garnacho has been a breath of fresh air and has recently become one of our best players as well. Out of these 3 I would probably pick Bruno because his job has been harder.
Feck me you’ve got to be on a wind up.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Do you think he’s been our player of the season? Genuine question
No, but I'm not obsessed enough in a hatred of one of our own players to dig up a positive post about him from weeks ago every time he has a bad game.

SMS1969

Mainoo has been exceptional for us, maturity beyond his years. Jonny Evans has stepped up almost every time he’s been called on.Razmus has been great.
Rashford has been poor, Antony one of the worst players I’ve seen in a utd shirt.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
No, but I'm not obsessed enough in a hatred of one of our own players to dig up a positive post about him from weeks ago every time he has a bad game.
I mean you generally defend Bruno anyway, which is fine. Scandi Red is ridiculous so if I want to bring up a ridiculous post tand you agree with my opinion….not sure why you’d bother responding to it.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I mean you generally defend Bruno anyway, which is fine. Scandi Red is ridiculous so if I want to bring up a ridiculous post tand you agree with my opinion….not sure why you’d bother responding to it.
He's responding to your incessant, borderline weird hatred towards a United player and how you wait until he's bad a game to dig up a post from several weeks ago. It is odd behaviour.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Except for Antony I don't think there are many who have been terrible the entire season, maybe Mount whenever he played, but the level of inconsistency is crazy. Rashford can win us the game and disappear for the next two or three games. Bruno has been very lackluster. I hold these two to a higher standard, they're top earners and our best players in previous years who are supposed to be in their prime. Right now the only ones I really enjoy are Mainoo and Hojlund. Mainoo seems like the only player in this team who's not afraid to have the ball at his feet in tight spaces and Hojlund has been showing effort every game since he's got here.

daveskimufc

I think Maguire and evans deserve a mention here. With injuries at the back these 2 have come in and done a great job. Evans has been brilliant tbh. I think he has even surprised himself with the amount he has played and whenever he has been called upon he has delivered.
I also think dalot has been surprisingly good. Where a lot of us thought the RB was going to be a major issue, he has been really reliable.
Mainoo has not had an average game yet. Always one of the contenders for MOTm. A terrific breakout season

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I think Maguire and evans deserve a mention here. With injuries at the back these 2 have come in and done a great job. Evans has been brilliant tbh. I think he has even surprised himself with the amount he has played and whenever he has been called upon he has delivered.
I also think dalot has been surprisingly good. Where a lot of us thought the RB was going to be a major issue, he has been really reliable.
Mainoo has not had an average game yet. Always one of the contenders for MOTm. A terrific breakout season
Yeah…I was initially a fan of Maguire, then not so much…then happy for him to be sold. But you have to give him credit for the way he has responded. He could’ve sulked or downed tools but to his credit he’s continued to give his all. Still not a massive fan of him being in the side as his weaknesses affect the way we play in my opinion, but fair play to him for his attitude and performances this season.

Evans also.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah…I was initially a fan of Maguire, then not so much…then happy for him to be sold. But you have to give him credit for the way he has responded. He could’ve sulked or downed tools but to his credit he’s continued to give his all. Still not a massive fan of him being in the side as his weaknesses affect the way we play in my opinion, but fair play to him for his attitude and performances this season.

Evans also.
At least we've moved past people saying Maguire isn't mistake prone (that was a thing when he first came). Agree he's been much more dependable this year even if he tends to shit himself once a game and do something confounding. And there was certainly a run of form there where he was genuinely very good as well.

CasaStreets

Best: Garnacho
Worst: Antony

Honorable Mentions: Dalot, Mainoo, Rasmus
Dishonorable Mentions: Rashford, Onana, Amrabat

Quite a few who just haven't had much impact because of injury/unavailability - which I don't conflate with 'worst'. I suppose you could argue that Amrabat hasn't seen enough minutes to be in my dishonorable mentions but I think he's gotten nowhere close to expectations, especially considering the cost of his loan.

redcucumber

I really dislike these types of posts.

Why don't you just get behind the team instead of finding ways of criticising players.

Jesus.
Well said. I know a fellow red that seems to get a kick out of shitting all over Antony whenever possible. I find it really weird and annoying.

Hughes35

Don't think Mainoo has played enough yet even though he's been great. Think it has to be between Garnacho and Dalot so far. Garnacho has been better but Dalot has played more.

Onana, Anthony and Rashford have all been hilariously bad.

Gun to my head I'd say Garnacho and Rashford.
I Posted this not too long ago. Would now add Hojlund to the good list and the bad list remains as it was with Rashford really starting to make the top spot his own.

diarm

Best: Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund, Dalot, McTominay

Worst: Rashford, Antony, Lindelof, Bruno, Martial

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Best : Dalot, Garnacho, Mainoo, Maguire, Evans, Hojlund, McTominay, Martinez
Worst : Rashford, Bruno, Onana, Antony, Casemiro

lysglimt

Scout
Best : Dalot, Garnacho, Mainoo, Maguire, Evans, Hojlund, McTominay, Martinez
Worst : Rashford, Bruno, Onana, Antony, Casemiro
This is probably quite close to how I feel....Mainoo, Dalot and Evans - our 3 best, Hojlund and Garnacho right behind
Antony, Casemiro and Rashford probably the worst

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
At least we've moved past people saying Maguire isn't mistake prone (that was a thing when he first came). Agree he's been much more dependable this year even if he tends to shit himself once a game and do something confounding. And there was certainly a run of form there where he was genuinely very good as well.
He’s definitely mistake prone, a bit of a nightmare BUT it’s not a lack of effort and you could understand him going from being captain to being sold, to it falling through…then downing tools. He’s not done that at all to his credit.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He’s definitely mistake prone, a bit of a nightmare BUT it’s not a lack of effort and you could understand him going from being captain to being sold, to it falling through…then downing tools. He’s not done that at all to his credit.
I'll absolutely give him credit for improving his performances. But respectfully, I'm never going to give any professional footballer credit for not downing tools