Best club side ever - get your votes in

Huddsred

Why is Barca 2011 considered better than Barca 2009? Serious question.

2009 had better front line (Eto'o and Henry >> Villa and Pedro), scored more goals and won 6 trophies in one year.

Is it just because they humiliated a Poor Man United in the final? Our team wasn't good enough then and was already declining, we only made the final due to beating poor opposition which made Barcelona look better than they were.

In 2009 people thought we were the best team in the world and we were still made to look like amateurs.

In 2010/11 they had Messi and Iniesta in their absolute prime, Pique and Busquets coming into theirs and Mascherano in central defense. They won La Liga with 96 points that season.

Jonesno.8

Strange vote, sure they weren't even the best team in their own league or Europe based on them not winning either competition. Unreal achievement this season for them to get so close but ultimately they failed.

Jonesno.8

Strange vote, sure they weren't even the best team in their own league or Europe based on them not winning either competition. Unreal achievement this season for them to get so close but ultimately they failed.
Mislinked my quote to the Pool 2022 vote post. Point remains the same.

I can't vote for us in good conscience when that Milan side are in there. They were an unbelievable team, better than Barcelona for their balance and resilience.

I actually think their early 90s team was better still.

I’m loving my life

There should be an inquest that Liverpool are not in there, and that all 10 choices should be iterations of their side through the ages. If you don’t vote for them, you have betrayed your country, football and the human race.

On a serious note, I’m surprised none of the sports washers got in there.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I assume our 2008 side isn't there as it wouldn't have been a fair vote otherwise?

lex talionis

Heinous to watch, but it has to be Barcelona 10/11. Some other sides come close but that Barcelona side was dominant beyond all belief.

Tiber

Its clearly Barcelona.

Maybe it's my age, but I'd take the 2008 United team over any other in the modern era

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I voted for Barca 10-11. Great midfield and Messi.

BarcaSpurs

Why is Barca 2011 considered better than Barca 2009? Serious question.

2009 had better front line (Eto'o and Henry >> Villa and Pedro), scored more goals and won 6 trophies in one year.

Is it just because they humiliated a Poor Man United in the final? Our team wasn't good enough then and was already declining, we only made the final due to beating poor opposition which made Barcelona look better than they were.

In 2009 people thought we were the best team in the world and we were still made to look like amateurs.
Villa and Pedro were better than 2009 Henry and Eto'o, Henry in particularly was past his best but in general both fit the system a lot better than the latter two.

Plus you had Messi hitting his peak, Busquets and Pique developing and generally more time for Pep to implement his system properly.

choccy77

I voted for United, but that Barca 2011 team were incredible.

Can't beleive Celtic are easily winning the vote.

AaronRedDevil

That Barcelona side was just stupid. They won everything. Feels like the only club to win the euros and World Cup. As most were from Spain. Had to pick them.

Son

Barcelona 09-11 was the best a team has ever been. I don’t even think that’s much of a debate for anyone who watched their dominance. Maybe a City or Pool could beat them now tactics have moved on but…

Wasn’t the score lines it was more the absolute gulf in class between them and every other side in the world for about 3 years. Inter did really well against them in between but otherwise nobody really put a glove on them. Maybe Madrid in one cup final I can remember.

Messi at his peak too was the best to do it. Never seen anything like him around that time.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Reading the entire list there’s a very positive vibe to every club’s achievements until you get to united. Then the whole thing sounds like luck and no detail about any other achievements from that team, three doubles in five years. Seven league titles in nine years. No details of any of that….just that we almost lost the semi final, only won the league on the final day by a point and were lucky in the CL final (without key players, didn’t lose a game in Europe that season despite having Barca, Bayern in the group and Inter, Juve, Bayern to win it) typical of this country.

Our 08 team was, for me, a wasted opportunity. Sadly Ronaldo didn’t hang around long enough after that season nor Tevez. If we had built on that team it could’ve been our best ever. A team with a back four of VDS, Evra, Rio, Vidic and front three of Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez….add a world class RB in for Wes (who I loved but could be improved on) and two world class midfielders in place of Carrick and Hargreaves….that team had the potential to be right up there.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think our 2008 team was better than the treble team.

Should have won the treble in 2008 too. That FA cup tie vs Portsmouth was a robbery.

Robbie Boy

It was a piss take ffs :lol:

RedDevil@84

Recency bias and Messi/Xavi/Iniesta fans should make Barca win this online poll.

foolsgold

AC Milan 1988-89 suffering in voting from being out of memory of the millennial generation, but they were a truely spectacular side. I think they'd just have taken Paps Barcelona.

arthurka

Why would this Liverpool team be considered as the best Liverpool team, let alone the best club side ever? I FA Cup doesnt make them anywhere near great.
Might have been a sarcastic joke.. But certainly not for the English media and the brilliantly entertaining Scouse fans who are still waiting on Mr. Richard Arlison.

tomaldinho1

If it’s saying a single season, Barca 14-15 I’d back to beat any team I’ve ever seen. Basically Enrique supercharged an already phenomenal Barca and had the best strike force we’ve ever seen.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Barcelona 2010/11 with Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Messi. Simply untouchable from front to back.

Utd 2006-09 is a better team than the Treble one too imo.

wolvored

How come the invincibles isnt in? Only team in England to not lose a Premier game and went 49 unbeaten overall.

UnitedFire

Our Treble winning side all day long!

In reality it is probably the the 10-11 Barca side but I’m a petty bastard and they did cost us another 2 CL’s.
This....

I voted for us, but that Barca side were immense with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. That trio is as good as it gets.

This said our squad could have better handled injuries.

UnitedFire

How come the invincibles isnt in? Only team in England to not lose a Premier game and went 49 unbeaten overall.
It's a nice achievement for Arsenal and they did win the league making it all the better, you could be unbeaten all year and get relegated so a more progressive team going for wins and getting more points is better than a bus parking counter attacking team.

goalscholes

Real with the 3 CL titles in a row has to be up there.
Am I the only one who doesn’t properly count CLs when the team doesn’t also win their own league title?

There’s so much luck involved in winning a cup, and it’s so much easier to win a knockout game when it’s your only priority. Liverpool vs Milan comes to mind, when Liverpools superior energy eventually won them the final after Milan blew them away first half. Not sure Chelsea would have won under Di Matteo either if they put everything into winning the league.

Winning three CL in a row is unheard of and very impressive.

But I’d argue less of a sign of a great team than one which won two domestic/CL doubles.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It should be Barca but I voted for United because I can’t help it. It’s definitely not fecking celtic.