Best goal scored by an opposition at old trafford?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Feel like this is an underrated goal. He just leaves Rio for dead despite being a good distance in front of him at the start.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
This belter from the great Northern hero.

At 4:55, Oscar de Marcos. Llorente scored a lovely one at the San Mames (as did Rooney)

I dont' want to derail the conversation, but does anyone remeber Iraola's dribble past three of our defenders in the bilbao game? He didn't score but if he did we'd be talking about it for decades. Shame I can't find a clip. Perhaps the mighty @GifLord can help?
It's on youtube

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This belter from the great Northern hero.

At 4:55, Oscar de Marcos. Llorente scored a lovely one at the San Mames (as did Rooney)

I dont' want to derail the conversation, but does anyone remeber Iraola's dribble past three of our defenders in the bilbao game? He didn't score but if he did we'd be talking about it for decades. Shame I can't find a clip. Perhaps the mighty @GifLord can help?
Knew it! Thanks for the vid.

Ixion

There used to be extended highlights of this match on YouTube I would watch regularly. Up there with my favourite ever games. Batistuta was class, ground was rocking, a real big game feeling.
:lol: I thought I was the only one. I love that game. Giggs and Cole tore them up on the left.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
It's romanticized not because we had a fighting chance, but because of the amount of legendary players, and outstanding plays (from both sides). Plus highlights that include Redondo's backheel, Ronaldo's hat-trick (and one of the best performances in Europe by him, considering that he surprisingly underperformed in the CL) and the last but not least, Beckham's influence when he managed to get us (a pointless but still notable) comeback when he and Fergie already knew that he is going to play for Madrid next season
The Redondo skill was three years earlier.

shabz

Darren Ambrose, just remember watching it thinking wow. Truly stay hit and from that distance, absolutely nothing anyone could have done to save it.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Collymore in 94/95 scored an absolute belter to end an impressive unbeaten home run and put him on the map:

Todd

Gonna say the Robben goal, not only because of how class it was but also because of what a kick in the nuts it was within the context of that match.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It's romanticized not because we had a fighting chance, but because of the amount of legendary players, and outstanding plays (from both sides). Plus highlights that include Redondo's backheel, Ronaldo's hat-trick (and one of the best performances in Europe by him, considering that he surprisingly underperformed in the CL) and the last but not least, Beckham's influence when he managed to get us (a pointless but still notable) comeback when he and Fergie already knew that he is going to play for Madrid next season
They didn't happen in the same game

Champagne Football

Gonna say the Robben goal, not only because of how class it was but also because of what a kick in the nuts it was within the context of that match.
I'd say there'd be at least 2 nore CL trophies in the OT cabinet had we signed him that time. The best player ever - never to play here who we realistically could have signed.

DizeeGorilla20

Darren Ambrose for Crystal Palace (when they had Zaha before he signed for us) in the cup, 11/12 season I think. We lost 2-1. One of the best goals i've ever seen against us.

Ronaldo for his hattrick obviously, Benteke in the 3-1 on Martial's debut, Aguero a couple of years ago.

I came in to say this. I remember Gary Neville saying it was the best he had seen too

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Riise free kick, or was that at Anfield?

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
For some reason this popped into my head when I saw the thread and I haven't seen it mentioned, Tiago from 2005.

Chelsea had wrapped up the league and it was all quite painful as they spanked us at ours.

Baxter

Darren Ambrose for Crystal Palace (when they had Zaha before he signed for us) in the cup, 11/12 season I think. We lost 2-1. One of the best goals i've ever seen against us.

Ronaldo for his hattrick obviously, Benteke in the 3-1 on Martial's debut, Aguero a couple of years ago.

I'd forgotten that. What a hit, the ball absolutely flies in.