Best Goal

theralyst

Then you would be dreaming.

Not many players can produce that kind of control at that speed.

In fact, there's a "similar" goal out there. Guess who scored it
It was more like RVP's against West Ham, just not as good.

IFC 1905

It was more like RVP's against West Ham, just not as good.

It's kinda different since the ball comes more like..."raining" (can't express myself better sorry) and his control is sublime but he does one touch and the ball goes down.

Messi and Maradona both control it with two touches before the ball touches the ground, and Messi's ball is harder to control.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Am I crazy thinking Ricardo Quaresma goal was one of the best? I don't like to say the best because its always debatable, but still nice to see a 35 year old to do that.

Deleted member 101472

Am I crazy thinking Ricardo Quaresma goal was one of the best? I don't like to say the best because its always debatable, but still nice to see a 35 year old to do that.
Absolutely it was one of the best. That and messi’s Are special and I think you have to have played at a reasonable level and tried those things yourself to understand just how difficult they are to do.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Absolutely it was one of the best. That and messi’s Are special and I think you have to have played at a reasonable level and tried those things yourself to understand just how difficult they are to do.
Why I guessed you would come mentioning Messi? :lol:

It was a difficult execution must be said, regarding Quaresma I watched him doing these sort of things when he was 15,16,17 and so on...

His problem wasn't never his feet but his mind, at least to be known as a WC player.

Deleted member 101472

Why I guessed you would come mentioning Messi? :lol:

It was a difficult execution must be said, regarding Quaresma I watched him doing these sort of things when he was 15,16,17 and so on...

His problem wasn't never his feet but his mind, at least to be known as a WC player.
Mate I’ll always call things as I see them and give credit where it’s due.

There aren’t many players in the game who have scored multiple trivelas. It’s very difficult, yet as you can see very effective.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pavard’s is the best so far for me. The technique is incredible.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Too many to pick from, honestly.

Pavard's was better than Nacho's which was already amazing.

el3mel

This tournament will end up having one of the best collections of long range goals ever. Each match there's 1 or 2 screamers.

So far yeah Pavard wins it, the technique he shot the ball with was out of this world.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Song's against Mexico was mint. I think it's better than DiMaria's.

But Pavard's. Man.. I've never seen a goal like that.

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don’t understand why Danny Murphy was creaming over the DI Maria goal on about the connection and best goal of the tournament and then when Pavard hits that utter sublime strike Murphy says ah yea we’ve seen lots of good goals in this tournament.
Ah yea, he’s a Kent that’s why

Deleted member 101472

Has anyone ever seen those videos where it’s just full of little satisfying moments? Pavards goal should be there. You couldn’t draw better technique than that.

Treble

Many great goals so far. Hope the best goal is still to come though.

spiriticon

Pavard's for me so far. Twas like a slow motion arrow into the top corner. Beautiful.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Pavard's was naughty earlier on. Uruguay look like they're capable of great team goals with Cavani and Suarez linking up.

Achilles McCool

Yeah he got lucky with the connection. Loved the long range one-two though.
Lucky with the connection? I’ve seen Cavani do this similar strike many times from the left with his right foot. Nothing lucky about the strike, IMO.
I agree with everyone, though, that Pavard’s goal was utterly sublime!

Zoo

Lucky with the connection? I’ve seen Cavani do this similar strike many times from the left with his right foot. Nothing lucky about the strike, IMO.
I agree with everyone, though, that Pavard’s goal was utterly sublime!
I was talking about his first goal. He faced it in! But it was such a wicked ball front Suarez that just getting any kind of connection was an achievement.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I don’t understand why Danny Murphy was creaming over the DI Maria goal on about the connection and best goal of the tournament and then when Pavard hits that utter sublime strike Murphy says ah yea we’ve seen lots of good goals in this tournament.
Ah yea, he’s a Kent that’s why
Because Danny Murphy is a moron. Messi was utter shite except for a 10 minute period, but Murphy said over and over again how his team mates are so shite and he needs Xavi and Iniesta.

Gross Domestic Peasant

Don't get bored watching the Pavard goal - it's like a laser beam. Reminds me of throwing a frisbee perfectly, kind of snapping it hard and seeing all the work you've put on it pay off as it leaves your hand and sails away as if guided by angels. A perfect strike, that for Pavard must have been as satisfying to watch hit home as it will have felt to connect with.