Best Goal

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Even Pavard's celebration was great, like Tardelli's or Grosso's. Iconic moment.

Achilles McCool

I was talking about his first goal. He faced it in! But it was such a wicked ball front Suarez that just getting any kind of connection was an achievement.
hahaha, sorry, I thought you were railing Edinson for the superb 2nd. Carry on.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Going to be hard to top Pavard's strike

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
Plenty of wonder strikes in this WC. But can’t think of any mazy dribbling goals or well-worked team goals.

Charlie Foley

Don't get bored watching the Pavard goal - it's like a laser beam. Reminds me of throwing a frisbee perfectly, kind of snapping it hard and seeing all the work you've put on it pay off as it leaves your hand and sails away as if guided by angels. A perfect strike, that for Pavard must have been as satisfying to watch hit home as it will have felt to connect with.
You absolute nerd you just ruined it

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Pavard's goal was delicious. Anyone who's played football will know how difficult that technique is to pull. I've probably replayed the goal 50 times.
I also love Quaresma's goal, wonderful technique.

IFC 1905

Pavard's goal is amazing, and I'll have to deal with it from now on since they will repeat it everytime just like the Bergkamp's goal.

But I still put Messi's goal up there just because I think it's unique. We've even seen a similar goal to Pavar's at this WC with Nacho.

TheReligion

Abusive
Are people really going wild over Messi's goal against Nigeria?

I mean nice touch and finish but yeah. That's about it.

Charlie Foley

What's impressive about it is so many separate parts, pass run touch finish, were absolutely perfect. That earns a certain weight when comparing against one amazing moment/act, a great strike.

EDIT: the finish was probably not "perfect" but it went in the goal so...

TheReligion

Abusive
What's impressive about it is so many separate parts, pass run touch finish, were absolutely perfect. That earns a certain weight when comparing against one amazing moment/act, a great strike.

EDIT: the finish was probably not "perfect" but it went in the goal so...
It's a good goal no doubt but people getting excited as it's Messi IMO.

Ainu

I'm biased of course but Chadli's was the best for me too. Not just because it's such a beautiful counter attack but also because of the timing and significance. What a moment! Though our counter that ended with that Meunier volley saved by Pickford would've been an even better goal.

el3mel

Should have been Pavard's goal but this one is great too.

Overall this tournament had a list of amazing goals. The all goals video on Youtube will be great.

Hephaestus

Agree with the BBC's choice, Chadli's was the best. Combination of the timing and the brilliance of the counter. Were some brilliant individual goals but I'll always prefer an exquisite counter.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea

It's very, very hard to bring the ball down like that while running; it's coming from his back and when he's taking the touch he's changing direction. The fact that this touch was so good that he's able to take a second touch is the icing on the cake.