Best headed goal

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I just watched a clip of Benni McCarthy score a bullet header against us in his coaching thread. Got me wondering what are the best headed goals you can remember.

Must be a few cracking ones.

(hopefully not messi against us in the CL final)

RuudtheRed

For us, has to be Ronaldo vs Roma. He wasn't even in the frame when Scholes stood the ball up and next thing you know, he has completely cleaned out the defender and the ball is in the net.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Ronaldo for Juve against Sampdoria where he jumped about 100m in the air, over the defender without even touching him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Spurs v Coventry FA cup Final 1987
Remember watching that cracking match and when Keith Houchen scored a diving header everyone going mad

Djemba-Djemba

Ronaldo vs Roma is the best header I've ever seen.

Hernandez backwards header against Stoke was pretty amazing too though.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Hmm can't say which is "the best" but RVP's goal against Spain is the one I think of immediatly when it comes to iconic headers

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The best goal for me have to be Carles Puyol vs Germany in the South Africa WC semi finals. Its the perfect goal from the perfect centerback. Casillas may have been the captain on paper, but this goal for me is the best captains goal in world cup history. Puyol was an absolute juggernaut and that ball was going into the net even if he had to go through his own AND Germanys players.