Film Best movie scenes

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

(Any of the epic scenes from this will do)

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Brilliant call - i thought i was the only person alive who knew and loved that flick :)

Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez ("known as The Rat")
let that stand exemplary for many memorable scenes from Spaghetti westerns!

Also:

"you *are* home!"

"put that coffee down!"

LT: "you led - but did anybody follow?"

Last edited:

ZAGREB RED

Brilliant call - i thought i was the only person alive who knew and loved that flick :)

let that stand exemplary for many memorable scenes from Spaghetti westerns!

Also:

"you *are* home!"

"put that coffee down!"

LT: "you lead - but did anybody follow?"

Another one for Still Crazy here, I thought it was excellent !

One movie scene that always sticks with me is from Sleepers, when John and Tommy shoot the prison guard who abused them when they come across him in the bar years later.

Andersons Dietician

Would have added the butter scene from Bronson, you know “put butter on my back” scene. But includes loads of C words and full frontal nudity which might be a bit risky for the CAF.

Last edited:

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
One of my all time favourite scenes (shame it involves Spacey, but its great nonetheless)

Dante

Average bang
"Dillon, you son of a bitch"

"Have you ever fecked on cocaine, Nick?"

That's my adolescence right there.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Scene - along with their first meeting - that 'won' it the Oscar (whether one agrees with the award or not)

What they did is very, very deceptively hard to do well without tipping over into being cheesy, and they helped inspire a lot of people to do the same afterwards.

Guilty pleasure.

Probably doesn't exactly belong here, but still.
Do you happen to know the tune they play in that ghost scene?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
‘So it begins’ ... the build up and the start of Helms Deep battle in Two Towers - LOTRs and the battle with the Balrog in the first film.

Snapes flashback in the 7th Harry Potter film (not a big fan of the HP films but this was expertly done).

Lion King opening and Mufasa’s death - mindblowingly good.

Hector Achilles in Troy - what an intense 1 v 1 fight scene.

Dark Knight - the chase with the lorry flipping over, breathtaking intensity in that scene and the Joker blowing up the hospital - genius.

The end of the Usual suspects.

Ben Hur - Chariot race.

Gladiator reveal but also when he finds out his family has been butchered - tragic.

Indian film wise - Sholay is full of iconic scenes, I particularly find it harrowing when the old man comes back to his land to see all his entire family have been killed and then is tied up and has his arms taken off... sheer brutality but very emotional.

KKKG - when he sees his mother after all those years, very emotional scene - gets the tears flowing.

djdhrubs

So many brilliant scenes in the Godfather parts 1 and 2.

Fredo being played so sympathetically is the main reason I personally took against Michael Corleone. I could kinda forgive everything else he did, but that was definitely the worst thing.

There's another scene around then when Michael is eating an apple or something whilst plotting to kill someone, possibly Roth. And he says something like 'if history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anybody'. Pretty chilling stuff.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Interstellar docking scene. Hans Zimmer man...

Had the privilege to watch this in 70mm IMAX in the BFI and oh my god it was :drool:

Last edited:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Love this scene from A Prophet where he's on day release and takes what seems to be his first flight. Reminds of the opera scene in Shawshank and the baseball scene in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest where this incarcerated guy gets to experience a fleeting moment of freedom and a break from the routine and monotony of prison. Beautiful score too:

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise battle in court in A Few Good Men.
Large parts were downright cheesy but this "you can't handle the truth" scene is great.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Life of Brian: "you're all individuals" scene.
So many great ones in this flick but my kids especially like this one as they're shown it in school as a good example of irony.

And one from Monty Python's Holy Grail. Love this every time I see it.

Last edited: