Television Best tv for ps5 gaming

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
True, I like a bit of smoothening for general TV which I would be considered a philistine for in those parts!
Yeah, I used settings off there once for mine thinking it must be best, before I knew better. Years later I fiddled with it myself and it looked far less boring.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just be careful as they tend to be the kind guys that like to turn everything off because it’s the most natural or whatever, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it looks best.

Kinda similar to audiophiles who love listening to music as flat as possible ‘as it was intended’ on studio monitor standard gear, even though it was never actually intended to be listened like that.

Sometimes the extra stuff the tv (or sound system) adds is nicer.

For gaming though, you will want most stuff off, to reduce lag. Gaming mode should do this for you.
Cool, in that case I might just play around with the sliders a bit in each mode and see if I can improve it but it's probably just worth leaving it as is.

HDR, for example, turns on when I turn on the PS5. Is this something that should be on or better off for gaming? I need to have a proper look through it all and understand what it all does.

Another thing is HDMI port 3 and 4 are both 2.1 but port 3 also says something about ARC, which is to do with sound if I'm right? Is there any benefit to plugging the PS5 into that port or would port 4 be fine, as it is also HDMI 2.1?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Cool, in that case I might just play around with the sliders a bit in each mode and see if I can improve it but it's probably just worth leaving it as is.

HDR, for example, turns on when I turn on the PS5. Is this something that should be on or better off for gaming? I need to have a proper look through it all and understand what it all does.

Another thing is HDMI port 3 and 4 are both 2.1 but port 3 also says something about ARC, which is to do with sound if I'm right? Is there any benefit to plugging the PS5 into that port or would port 4 be fine, as it is also HDMI 2.1?
You could try using AV or a YouTube guide to get started and then play with things yourself to see if you prefer it. That’s probably the best middle ground.

HDR may cause a bit of input lag but I’d have it on anyway. For the minimal difference it no doubt makes, I’d rather have the super nice shiny thing.

You don’t need ARC with ps5 I don’t think, but CEC might be good. I don’t know if ps5 supports it but with Xbox you could set it up to turn your tv on with the controller at the same time, and it should mean you can use other remotes with it too. On mine the ARC and CEC are the same slot, but I don’t know if that’s always the case.

Bosws87

You want HDR enabled it makes games look better no brainer.

HDMI 2.1 is pretty irrelevant currently for PS5 as no VRR support and no graphically demanding games are going to get anywhere near 4k 120fps.

When VRR is patched its worth using especially in games running at lower framerates 30fps or ones that suffer framerate drops.

If you play competitively shooter etc turn it off as it increases input lag, but if you just play casually and aren't interested in being the best then leave it on when its actually supported.

chicha14

In terms of longevity and overall picture quality, LG or Samsung overall?
looking for a 65inch, Samsung being the QLED and LG being the Nanocell ThinQ AI series?

Bosws87

looking for a 65inch, Samsung being the QLED and LG being the Nanocell ThinQ AI series?
I think it’s Oled, Qled then everything else in picture quality

Abraxas

They're quite different screens, LG Nanocell TVs are IPS displays. Samsung QLEDs are VA. Typically the colours have less contrast on IPS and can appear a little flat as a result, but they have good viewing angles so if you have a lot of people in a room sitting off to the sides they can be more suitable.

I think generally the Samsung's are better reviewed. Generally Samsung and Sony seem to be class leading for non OLED TVs at the moment.

What's the exact Samsung model? Generally speaking, you have to pay a fair amount to get one that is worth the additional premium Samsung charge. The lower end Samsung QLEDs are not very special. If it's a low end one you're better saving the money and getting a cheaper brand because they won't have the tech (dimming zones, brightness) to be worth it, they're pretty much the same as every other budget TV.

chicha14

They're quite different screens, LG Nanocell TVs are IPS displays. Samsung QLEDs are VA. Typically the colours have less contrast on IPS and can appear a little flat as a result, but they have good viewing angles so if you have a lot of people in a room sitting off to the sides they can be more suitable.

I think generally the Samsung's are better reviewed. Generally Samsung and Sony seem to be class leading for non OLED TVs at the moment.

What's the exact Samsung model? Generally speaking, you have to pay a fair amount to get one that is worth the additional premium Samsung charge. The lower end Samsung QLEDs are not very special. If it's a low end one you're better saving the money and getting a cheaper brand because they won't have the tech (dimming zones, brightness) to be worth it, they're pretty much the same as every other budget TV.
My biggest issue with the LG in every review I have read on the Nanocell is that the image is quite poor in dark rooms or even dark scenes, the colour run is immediately noticeable and quite annoying. This could be a concern as I would definitely be watching TV or gaming in the dark etc.

The Samsung I am considering is the: QA65Q60T

Any recommendations on Sony 65inch?

Would ideally also like to buy the matching branded Soundbar, so in essence, my question would be which brand would have the best of both without paying a premium price?

Bosws87

My biggest issue with the LG in every review I have read on the Nanocell is that the image is quite poor in dark rooms or even dark scenes, the colour run is immediately noticeable and quite annoying. This could be a concern as I would definitely be watching TV or gaming in the dark etc.

Would ideally also like to buy the matching branded Soundbar, so in essence, my question would be which brand would have the best of both without paying a premium price?
From reviews you want the Q80T Samsungs for the top ones, Q60T seem a mixed bag.

Abraxas

Yes, I would agree with the above poster, unfortunately the Q80 is where the range really starts to get good and they're quite expensive.

The Q60s are expensive for what they are, they are more or less standard LED TVs, they're not very bright or with good tech to exploit HDR etc. I personally would not buy one, I think you'd get the same quality from a Hisense or less premium brand, so that would be my recommendation if you're tight on cash. It's up to you if you just want the brand and perceived reliability of course, but you're definitely paying for that and not necessarily viewing experience with the Q60.

For Sony the XH90 and XH9505 are their best LEDs. Very good TVs in every department, but expensive. I have the XH90 myself.

I would say if you have a certain budget worry about the TV first and save for the soundbar later. On the higher end TVs the sound is passable, it's not that tinny, it would certainly get you by. I'm not that well informed to recommend any soundbars though.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I purchased the LG CX 65 today. Will be delivered tomorrow to me. I got it @ €2,100. I probably could have gotten better but I wanted to buy it from my local store.

So now I need to know recommended settings for sport, moives and games. I see a load of different opinions on this. Does anyone here have this TV and if so can you tell me what has worked for you

Thanks

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I purchased the LG CX 65 today. Will be delivered tomorrow to me. I got it @ €2,100. I probably could have gotten better but I wanted to buy it from my local store.

So now I need to know recommended settings for sport, moives and games. I see a load of different opinions on this. Does anyone here have this TV and if so can you tell me what has worked for you

Thanks
If you get it delivered to my address I’ll optimise the settings for you.

Bosws87

Thanks
go to https://www.avforums.com/

Either search for your model on there or post the question those guys really know their stuff.

red4ever 79

Resident Caf members. Can you give your advice on this one Samsung QE55Q80TA.
Is that a good tv for PS5 gaming (when I eventually get one ha)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Are TCL TVs crap? I only have a £500 budget and it seems like they’re the most feature rich in that bracket.

Will I be better off getting a TCL in that bracket rather than a low end Samsung/Sony/LG?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
£2k(ish).

Gaming/tv/sports but gaming is the most important factor.

fairly light room.
2k!? Does the Chase pay out for contestants who get everything wrong too?

Edit: sorry mate. Bit mean.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I can heartily recommend the Sony A90J. Loves the PS5 and is by far the nicest TV I've ever owned.

Currently running the Xbox through it and am again having to choose between framerate and quality, something I don't have to do with the PS5 running through my TV, does both innit.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
We've moved house and had a media wall to fill so I decided to get a 2nd mortgage and purchase a 77inch S95C. Hadn't upgraded TV in 9 years and that was a relatively cheap early 4k/hdr samsung. The difference is way bigger than I expected.

New Spiderman looks absolutely class on it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
We've moved house and had a media wall to fill so I decided to get a 2nd mortgage and purchase a 77inch S95C. Hadn't upgraded TV in 9 years and that was a relatively cheap early 4k/hdr samsung. The difference is way bigger than I expected.

New Spiderman looks absolutely class on it.
Was tempted by the S95C but opted for the L3 C3 Evo which I find amazing. Enjoy!

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Was tempted by the S95C but opted for the L3 C3 Evo which I find amazing. Enjoy!
Cheers mate. How long you had it? What's looked best so far? Besides blowing up pics of your penis of course.

I think LG is the way to go to be fair. This Samsung is great but I think LGs longer term protection and commitment to updates makes them the better choice considering the teles are so expensive.

I only went for the Samsung because I thought cable management in this wall would be a nightmare and I'm always swapping consoles in and out. It has this OneConnect box that all HDMIs use and then one cable to the TV. Its a great solution but unfortunately they don't do a long enough cable for me, so the box is sat behind the TV cable tied to the wall alongside the bracket. Makes the whole thing redundant ffs.

Still.. well worth the money. Never dreamed I'd spend that much and fully expected it to look only fractionally better than a standard 4k TV but they're absolute beasts.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
LG OLEDG3 is easily the best for gaming. In fact it’s the best tv full stop and now’s the time the buy them as they’re a lot cheaper.