Best United team goal...?

zain

Believe
As much as I loved the goals we scored on the break at Arsenal in the CL Semi in 2009 with Ronaldo, and the following season with Rooney in the league, this goal from back in 1995-1996 is still my favourite.

Other mentions of course are Scholes vs Panathanaikos, and Rooney vs Bolton at Old Trafford when we counter attacked, but there's something about the fluidity of the above goal that I don't think I've seen in any other goal we've scored over the years...

Red Stone

Smudge against Roma in that game.

Nani's first against City in the Community Shield game of 2011, I think.

EDIT: Feck off zain and Olly :mad:

The goal against Southampton at the start of last season where we passed it 1000 times before it came off the post and into the path of Mata.

zain

Believe
I haven't got a good memory for goals, but the one in the Community Shield against City was good.

That's a really good shout! Had forgotten about that one. I remember drooling about the prospect of Anderson, Cleverley and Nani flourishing in our team for years back then... kinell.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Nani CS goal has to be tops - Here's a longer version for complete context of what happened. Nani actually received the ball off of Hart's goal kick then wound up scoring at the other end after 11 touches.

davidmichael

Nothing tops Scholes vs Panathiniakos for me
If it's the one where Scholes chips the keeper after we knock the ball around for 20-30 passes beforehand then I wholeheartedly agree and was the answer I was going to say, tiki taka before Barca made it famous.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
93/94 had some great ones - Cantona vs. Sheff Utd away, Irwin away at Wimbledon in the cup, Hughes or Ince (can't remember) against Sheff Utd (? the match where Hughes got sent off) in the cup. Loads more that season.

TsuWave

Nani community shield vs City. Amazing goal.

Ronaldo fast counter vs arsenal

Gopher Brown

This one sticks in my mind. Phil Nev, to Giggs, to Smith, to Kleberson (!), to Rooney. Goal. All one-touch.

2cents

Scout

From 06:05

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Community shield defo. Nani, Cleverely, Rooney all combining at breathtaking speed and accuracy.:drool:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The Nani CS goal has to be tops - Here's a longer version for complete context of what happened. Nani actually received the ball off of Hart's goal kick then wound up scoring at the other end after 11 touches.

I like this one
Ando :(

CS goal for me, tied with Cole-Yorke magic against Barca.
Quite like the goal against Charlton from the ones posted here, completely forgot about him

Wicked_Badger

Some class memories looking through this. I've got a shit memory for goals but I remember wetting my pants with the CS Nani one. Although it also felt a bit more significant, coming from 2-0 down and against City whilst they were still on the rise.

Scholes vs Panathinaikos was show stopper stuff (all future United managers should take note of the player movement!) and Yorke/Cole vs Barca was just magic.

Always remember the Roma 7-1 game being full of pacy, sweeping passing moves but it was maybe just giddiness & pints that made me feel like that!

2cents

Scout
Another classic counterattack, Solskjaer vs. Arsenal in 1997, from a Bergkamp corner:

(0:25)

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
There is one goal that sticks in my head, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was against and I have searched for it before. The only thing I remember from the goal was a great bit of play, which led to the ball being passed down the right wing. The ball seemed to run along the line down the wing before Beckham ran onto to it and crossed it in first time.

Anyone any ideas?

If I had to guess at the year I'd say either 1996, or 1997

JmRssll555

There is one goal that sticks in my head, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was against and I have searched for it before. The only thing I remember from the goal was a great bit of play, which led to the ball being passed down the right wing. The ball seemed to run along the line down the wing before Beckham ran onto to it and crossed it in first time.

Anyone any ideas?

If I had to guess at the year I'd say either 1996, or 1997
This one?

Not much of a team goal, but one of my favourite goals ever. What a finish!

PeteReDevil

iPete
As much as I loved the goals we scored on the break at Arsenal in the CL Semi in 2009 with Ronaldo, and the following season with Rooney in the league, this goal from back in 1995-1996 is still my favourite.

Loved that! Thought we were gonna see another first teamer in Cooke

2cents

Scout
@Summit, these the only other ones I could find matching your description, neither of them are anything special: