• George Best

Votes: 190 73.6%
  • John Connelly

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Easiest one yet. Giggs and Best are leagues ahead of most on that list.

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
Wanted to put Gordon Hill in, but it had to be Giggs & Best - legends. Best would be on the right, but that's OK...he would be wicked anywhere in attack.

032Devil

golden_blunder said:
Andre unfortunately was under-rated by many

the man was a wing god, pace power and could actually score goals too
But he could be irritating. The number of times he'd bomb down the wing and then at the crucial moment instead of crossing he'd turn away and make a meaningless pass.

Also suprised no one's mentioned Pobrobsky(?)

topper

Clown
Billy Bollocks said:
I went for Ryan and Andre. I doubt you'll see a better, more explosive pair of wingers in the same team ever again.

George just never struck me as traditional winger, he had more of a free role. In the modern game he'd be classed as a second striker or advanced playmaker.

:confused:

Giggs and Best and Willie Morgan as my sub

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Voted for Best, despite not having seen him play, for pure "this poll will be utter crap if he doesn not win" reasons.

Liverpool_FC Bollocks

topper said:
Not rocket science is it, pal?

A traditional winger to me is someone who just stays out wide all game trying to get to the bye-line and get crosses in. George popped up all over the place, sometimes on the left too, and had more of a free role.

Nem 7

Billy Bollocks said:

A traditional winger to me is someone who just stays out wide all game trying to get to the bye-line and get crosses in. George popped up all over the place, sometimes on the left too, and had more of a free role.
I agree.

topper

Clown
032Devil said:
Willie Morgan was very good but not many rate him because he suffer's from anonymity caused by being around at the same time as Best.

He was probably as good as Giggs.

agree thats why he would be my third choice

topper

Clown
I just looked at the results so far and according to 151 posters Giggs is ahead of George Jeez Gigg is good but Best is better

Suresh

Successfully neg-repped Bury Red and all I got was
topper said:
I just looked at the results so far and according to 151 posters Giggs is ahead of George Jeez Gigg is good but Best is better
Can't blame the posters, Topper. They can only vote for those they have seen, and quite a lot of them have grown up seeing only Giggs on the left. Even I have never had the previlege of seeing Best play, only seen footage in grainy black and white.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
Suresh said:
Can't blame the posters, Topper. They can only vote for those they have seen, and quite a lot of them have grown up seeing only Giggs on the left. Even I have never had the previlege of seeing Best play, only seen footage in grainy black and white.
Many of us wouldn't have seen him play but to rate a DiStefano, Best or a Pele its not necessary to have seen them live. He has his place amongst the greatest footballers of all time and pisses all over Giggs. Best selects himself and the next spot should be a toss up between Coppel, Beckham and Giggs. Giggs would clearly win though.

Suresh

Successfully neg-repped Bury Red and all I got was
vijay said:
Many of us wouldn't have seen him play but to rate a DiStefano, Best or a Pele its not necessary to have seen them live. He has his place amongst the greatest footballers of all time and pisses all over Giggs. Best selects himself and the next spot should be a toss up between Coppel, Beckham and Giggs. Giggs would clearly win though.
Agreed, that's why I voted Best.

mista john

Billy Bollocks said:
George just never struck me as traditional winger, he had more of a free role. In the modern game he'd be classed as a second striker or advanced playmaker.
I'll probably get slaughtered but ... saw George many times. He was never (hardly ever) selected as a striker - not with Law / Kidd / Herd around - and he was never asked to be a central playmaker. When he was given more reponsibility, he couldn't handle it. He was simply a genius, mainly a winger (roaming one side to the other) and a scorer of (many) great goals.

Liverpool_FC Bollocks

mista john said:
I'll probably get slaughtered but ... saw George many times. He was never (hardly ever) selected as a striker - not with Law / Kidd / Herd around - and he was never asked to be a central playmaker. When he was given more reponsibility, he couldn't handle it. He was simply a genius, mainly a winger (roaming one side to the other) and a scorer of (many) great goals.
Agree with that, but you could never really class him as an out-and-out winger. He was just too much of a free spirit.

topper

Clown
Billy Bollocks said:
Agree with that, but you could never really class him as an out-and-out winger. He was just too much of a free spirit.

but in the United side he was a winger :D Dennis and Bobby were inside left/right

kkcbl

Learnt from the central defender 'fiasco' & chose two this time - has to be Best & Giggs, hands down!

Ixion

Can't believe Ronaldo has more votes than Beckham, some people must have watched our Treble season with their eyes closed!

scops

i didnt see best, ah well we all know its giggs and best anyhow.

ERICSAGOD

Grumpy Old Git
This is a joke right.

Giggs has more votes than Best :lol: :lol:
Beckham has more votes then Kanchelskis :lol: :lol:

Obviously a lot of spotty 16+ year olds voting, who never saw Best or Kanchelskis.

Joe W

At old trafford to see united....take me home unit
Liverpool_FC Bollocks said:

I always thought Best was a striker who often went outwide if needed. You learn something every day. Yesterday I learnt that O'shea is a legend.

Best and Giggs easily for my choices. Unfortunately poll is closed now so...