Better player: Lingard or Cleverley

Green_Red

Cleverley has made himself what he is through hard work and determination. That single minded attitude to be the best separates him from most players. Thats why he is as good as he is.

Lingard is just naturally gifted. His talent is effortless. The way the ball sticks to his feet and how he just seems to glide past players. You can't coach that.

For me, Lingard is a footballers footballer, Cleverley is one of those athletic phenomenons.
This is a discussion we'll be having for 50 years. So glad I witnessed both of these players at the peak of their abilities!

E-mal

Why isn't Welbeck included in this choice? I'd say he was as shite as the other two.
Welbeck was a far better player than both of them, his problems where mostly compounded by injuries.
Based on ability though, he's better by some distance.
We got a decent fee for him from Arsenal of all clubs, Wenger being the manager.

With regards to the question, I would say Lingard but not by much. He is more a goal threat than Cleverley but not by much.

E-mal

Cleverley has made himself what he is through hard work and determination. That single minded attitude to be the best separates him from most players. Thats why he is as good as he is.

Lingard is just naturally gifted. His talent is effortless. The way the ball sticks to his feet and how he just seems to glide past players. You can't coach that.

For me, Lingard is a footballers footballer, Cleverley is one of those athletic phenomenons.
This is a discussion we'll be having for 50 years. So glad I witnessed both of these players at the peak of their abilities!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This is just mean.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I remember United being heavily criticised (no difference there then) in the media when the club accepted Arsenal's bid for young Welbz.
The club was criticised for selling 'part of its soul '.
How laughable and melodramatic.

BootsyCollins

:lol: Amazing

led_scholes

I mean, we literally finished 2nd with Lingard in the team.
Once. What about 2016, 2017, 2019. This year he practically didn't play any role and when he was at the beginning we were considered for relegation. So 1 out of 4. With Cleverley we lost on GD the league, won the League and ended 7th.