Bilic sacked

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

First managerial casualty in a while in the PL.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

First managerial casualty in a while in the PL.

Are West Brom the most pointless PL side of all time?
Sad to see him go especially after such a good result last night. Also no need for the pathetic comment about West Brom.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why? I don't get what they expect.

I get they weren't exactly playing high flowing football but they just can't do it with that squad.

they need to sustain themselves in the league first and then expand a bit like Brighton did - very unfair to Bilic, I hope he's getting a massive pay off.

BluesJr

Sad to see him go especially after such a good result last night. Also no need for the pathetic comment about West Brom.
What’s pathetic about it exactly? It’s my opinion that they add nothing to the league.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I guess one of the British Boys Club managers will get the job now.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What’s pathetic about it exactly? It’s my opinion that they add nothing to the league.
They have every right to be there. Your comment comes across as arrogant and dismissive of one of the oldest clubs in England.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Little bit elitist. They earned their place by getting promoted from a very competitive championship season last year. They’re hardly the first team to come up and go straight back down.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wow, after that result and a good performance last night? Unlucky in quite a few of their games too including against us. Really surprised he is the first managerial casualty, a very likable guy to boot too.

Shiva87

Shocking. The day after he got a draw against City! Just when he would have thought he has bought himself some time.

BluesJr

They have every right to be there. Your comment comes accross as arrogant and dismissive of one of the oldest clubs in England.
Of course they have every right to be there. Does that mean they excite me or that I don’t sigh when I see them coming up knowing they’ll have a season like they are having every single time
Little bit elitist. They earned their place by getting promoted from a very competitive championship season last year. They’re hardly the first team to come up and go straight back down.
When they come up you know exactly what’s coming and it’s always a season like this one. Of course they earned their place but that doesn’t mean I have to be excited by them coming up.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Silly timing after last nights result. I guess they’ve known for some time and last nights result was never under consideration.

They really could’ve waited to see if that result kicked them on a bit more though.

OleBoiii

Weird timing. Based on current form they are going down, but 13 games is not that much data. He could very well have built on last night's draw and started on a decent run which takes them out of the relegation zone.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Let me guess fans of top clubs wishing doom on them?

Edit: didn't see the last line of the OP's comment thought you were talking about the comments underneath that tweet.

luck&neat

Oof!

Without knowing the details this seems extremely rash on the surface. They are hardly adrift in the league (a win could take them up to 16th), and played well last night. From what i've seen of them this season they can consider themselves unlucky not to have taken more points from a very tough set of fixtures.

Add to that we are 1/3 of the way into what is already a very topsy turvy season where anything seems possible...

Seems to be an agenda of the owners rather than the powers that be at the club itself. Could be they already have a replacement (improvement in their eyes) sorted so could see them arrive soon.

Leg-End

Not exactly adrift at the bottom are they, what do they want from their manager?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
West Brom showing some ambition unlike us.

Everytime a club does something it's better than what we do.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
In his first season he promoted them. Then without signings did what it can be done in PL. And they sacked him...unbelievable

BluesJr

Let me guess fans of top clubs wishing doom on them?

Edit: didn't see the last line of the OP's comment thought you were talking about the comments underneath that tweet.
I deleted it as I can’t be bothered having the same question over and over again. Was just a bit of fun that seems to have touched a few nerves so best to just take it out.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Big Sam obviously the next manager

That guy has made so much money it’s unbelievable. When he was at West Ham I was out walking the dog when my wife noticed a huge house quite near Teddy Sheringham’s. She told me it was Big Sam’s! Don’t feel sorry for the guy.

Delano

Always find sackings like this odd. He overachieved last season, the players were behind him, and now he is getting sacked for struggling with a team that is Championship level.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
In his first season he promoted them. Then without signings did what it can be done in PL. And they sacked him...unbelievable
Everyone gets promoted with West Brom. It's not really an achievement.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brentford coming up would've been much more interesting. Shame they bottled it in the run in. West Brom been pretty much as expected, weaker team than the one they've had the previous season with Dwight Gayle, Jay Rodriguez and Harvey Barnes all upfront.

acnumber9

Not a surprise. The kind of poor result they got last night just can’t be tolerated.

hubbuh

I deleted it as I can’t be bothered having the same question over and over again. Was just a bit of fun that seems to have touched a few nerves so best to just take it out.
feck knows why you're getting jip over that, West Brom are a boring club. Anyone with a functioning brain cell could have seen this sort of season happening with them. Gutted Brentford didn't make it in the end (I know WBA got automatic).

No Love

This is the role Large Samuel was born for, isn’t it? A side in the relegation zone, appointing him at Christmas. Just in time for some transfer window activity next month. It just feels right.

Bulldog United

The owners rightfully expected to be challenging for silverware this season, but they are already effectively out of the title race. They are also out of the Carabao Champions Cup. If you can't deliver results at a prestige club like West Brom, I'm afraid the sacking is inevitable.

I hope the new manager can get the club back where it belongs.