Bitter spat between Man United technical director Darren Fletcher and angry fan at Old Trafford - with Scott McTominay also involved

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Bitter for the fan as it seemed like he was kicked out mid game, and facing the potential of being banned from attending game at OT.

You can understand his frustration. If he's being honest about that quote, he didn't said nothing abnormal. It's just Fletch happened to sit there and being too sensitive.
it would be more of a punishment for the fan for the club to lay on all expenses paid trips to every home game for the foreseeable future and force him to watch the shit served up week in and week out.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Absolutely piss poor counter from Fletcher. No patterns of words. No speed or rythm in his words. Not surprised that Scott McT bottled it in the clutch moment with his weak attempt.

Ferguson probably hired the abusive fan and planned this entire thing as PR to con naive United fans. Shocking!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
What are you talking about? What proof have you that he cannot do his job about looking after the youth pathway?
What qualifications does Darren Fletcher have of making it at Manchester United as an academy graduate? How could he know what that takes? What the feck does he know about the club to sell it to prospective signings? How the feck can he act as a conduit link from the first team squad to the manager and board? He wouldn’t know the first thing about it.

Varun1

“Who the f are you?” A paying fan, one of millions without whom a rotational player like you who realistically only had around 2 truly top seasons would be absolutely nothing without their contributions to your wages.

Anyway, what is a technical director doing next to Rangnick? Is he Ralf’s boss or the 2nd in command? What’s Chris Armas then? An absolute shambles, we don’t even have hierarchical order at the top, and people expect us to challenge for the title. Imagine him sat next to EtH and RvP next season…
Assuming you're talking about DF ... you're a bit deluded. Darren was a top pro and would have had a longer career with us had it not been for his illness.

Irwin99

Not related but Carlton Cole having a go at our players too according to MEN :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, stuff between fans and players/ex-players is always unpleasant to see.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Well said. I’d rather get relegated with Ruud on the bench than win the league with Fletcher on the bench.
What?

Technical director, who gives a feck, still unprofessional..
Regardless. He's a human. Would you like it if someone came to your place of work and shouted at you all constantly and for the sake of professionalism - not react? Of course you'd react.

Oranges038

Heated debate......

He should have done a Harry Redknapp on it and got the fan kitted out and put out on the pitch.

RedDevil@84

Clever move by Don Ferguson to show Rangnick whose turf this is. By mocking up a fake fight where his minions Fletcher and Scott come out on top, gives a clear message to Ralf not to challenge the power of Don Ferguson.

MalaysianRed7

Assuming you're talking about DF ... you're a bit deluded. Darren was a top pro and would have had a longer career with us had it not been for his illness.
Nice. I saw that. Did he have more than two top seasons, or are you being delusional?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What qualifications does Darren Fletcher have of making it at Manchester United as an academy graduate? How could he know what that takes? What the feck does he know about the club to sell it to prospective signings? How the feck can he act as a conduit link from the first team squad to the manager and board? He wouldn’t know the first thing about it.
Exactly! Hasn’t a clue, hasn’t walked that path before. feckin idiot Fletcher

Deery

Dreary
What?

Regardless. He's a human. Would you like it if someone came to your place of work and shouted at you all constantly and for the sake of professionalism - not react? Of course you'd react.
Nobody shouted at him, read the article.If I did it I’d get a warning or sacked, if I’m in a job as big as Man Utd and getting paid a small fortune I wouldn’t dream of it..

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Technical director, who gives a feck, still unprofessional..
Unprofessional yes I’d agree but I can’t say I blame him, the amount of shit spoken about him and his job by people who don’t know ever he does but feel educated to comment regardless

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: He's not a deaf mute you know? He's more than capable of having a conversation with both parties.

b82REZ

I was fired from a few jobs for reacting to something a customer said to me. Workers get shit from members of the public everyday, unfortunately many are unable to stand up for themselves and have to take the shit thrown at them.

macheda14

Even RR doesn't know, so don't ask us.
Urgh, how many times can people misattribute a quote. RR does know why he's on the bench, and values him being there - when we lost McKenna, Carrick and that other coach there were few coaches that had a link with the players. He said more he didn't know the scope of his responsibilities beyond assisting him in coaching - that's another issue in and of itself. BUT 1, in Germany technical directors commonly sit on the bench and two, if someone's job is to oversee the pathways between academy to first team, him having an intimate knowledge of the first team is more than fine.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The lines between serious views and satire is so blurred right now.

macheda14

There's going to be the posts here about how we hired someone with no qualifications to be a technical director so I'm just going to copy and paste this here and will continue to do so until people realise its a normal occurrence to hire ex-players:

Cech is Chelsea's technical director just under a slightly different job title, with no prior experience.

Monchi became Sevilla’s Sporting Director immediately after he retired as their goalkeeper.

Tixiki Begiristain retired, became a commentator and then 3 years later became the DoF at Barcelona.

Michael Zorc became sporting director at Dortmund immediately after retiring in 1998.

Hasan Salihamidžić retired in 2012 knocked around as a pundit and then became sporting director at Bayern in 2017.

Before going into management Zidane was appointed as advisor to the president at Real Madrid in 2009 and was one of the key decision makers alongside along with general director Jorge Valdano and sporting director Miguel Pardeza.

It's really quite a common occurrence that former players take up key roles in important positions in top top clubs.

crossy1686

career ending
Nobody shouted at him, read the article.If I did it I’d get a warning or sacked, if I’m in a job as big as Man Utd and getting paid a small fortune I wouldn’t dream of it..
So Fletcher, unprovoked, turns to a random fan in the crowd and starts a shouting match because United are shit? I hate to break it to you, but the guy in the article is probably talking shit and father Christmas isn't real.

Varun1

Nice. I saw that. Did he have more than two top seasons, or are you being delusional?
And so what if it was only 2 top seasons? A team doesn't consist of 16 world class players, which is why the likes of O'Shea and Fletch were important to the team.
You acting like the big man is pretty lame.

romufc

Urgh, how many times can people misattribute a quote. RR does know why he's on the bench, and values him being there - when we lost McKenna, Carrick and that other coach there were few coaches that had a link with the players. He said more he didn't know the scope of his responsibilities beyond assisting him in coaching - that's another issue in and of itself. BUT 1, in Germany technical directors commonly sit on the bench and two, if someone's job is to oversee the pathways between academy to first team, him having an intimate knowledge of the first team is more than fine.
Its clearly ignorance from fans like @ti vu and @Class of 1902. Probably saw a tik tok or United Stand tag line of a quote, instead of reading the full quote, make their mind up that Ralf doesnt know what Fletcher does.

Like you say, Technical Directors in other countries do sit on the bench and the situation we have is unique as well, when Ralf came, all our coaches left, Fletcher was the only one to help RR and he has decided to stay there and perhaps look at the players and him and RR can make judgment about the squad as he will see them on a day to day basis.

Then clearly, we all know he is involved with the managerial appointment, one thing we have asked for is a football man to get involved, when he does we say what is he doing?

bludsucker

Seems like it has become fashionable to have a go at anything the club/club officials do nowadays. Feels like some fans get their rocks off on moaning about the club in every other thread. Just because fletcher had a go at a fan now he isn’t qualified to even hold a mop! With fans like these who needs rivals.

Deery

Dreary
So Fletcher, unprovoked, turns to a random fan in the crowd and starts a shouting match because United are shit? I hate to break it to you, but the guy in the article is probably talking shit and father Christmas isn't real.
Did you even read it before posting? The guy was giving off about the teams lack of effort and then Fletcher turns around and says “who the feck are you”.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Our players and staff are so apathetic these days it’s depressing but also how dare one of our staff be wound up and show some emotion.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Simple - he was asked to assist with coaching duties since carrick and McKenna left.

i really can’t get my head around why the fans abuse have now turned their heads to Fletcher.
And beyond that it's not uncommon. Salihamidzic is on Bayern's bench, as was Zidane years ago.

crossy1686

career ending
Did you even read it before posting? The guy was giving off about the teams lack of effort and then Fletcher turns around and says “who the feck are you”.
I didn't, it's not worth the time of day. Both the fan and Fletcher are well within their rights to voice their opinions. Not everything has to be a massive deal just because someone is employed at the club.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If the report is true then that fan is was well within his right to question the performance as a match going fan.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Take it with a grain of salt but apparently someone suggested that deep-fried mars bars were disappointing.