Blackpool fined 25000 for fielding weakened side

stubie

Was always going to happen after what happened to Wolves last season

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Premier League bosses in being spastics shocker.

Why don't they just pick every club's starting XI for them and get rid of the need for a manager. Retards.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Absolutely pathetic, his rant about it was spot on.

Fuzzymel

I don't understand. With the 25 man squad system as long as the players are part of that how on earth can it be considered fielding a weakened side?

kietotheworld

Good. They agreed to the rules and then they broke them, I don't know how they can complain about that.

decorativeed

I don't understand. With the 25 man squad system as long as the players are part of that how on earth can it be considered fielding a weakened side?
Exactly. If they are good enough to be in the squad of a premier league side, they are good enough to play a premier league match. Ridiculous rule and an insult to the players.

Viper KGB

What is considered a weakened side and is there a rule that states how many "fringe players" have to be included to to considered fielding a weakened side?

Who in the PL decides what players are good enough to play? If they accept a players registration at the start of the season then they should be allowed play when they want

kietotheworld

The players were all part of the designated squad, any sensible ruling body would see that as within that rule, but no not Richard fecking Scudamore.
The 25 man squad rule has nothing to do with the rule in question here.
Erm, because the rules are pathetic?
Do you know who sets the rules for Premier League Clubs? Premier League Clubs, including Blackpool. Last summer the clubs, including Blackpool, had the opportunity to change the rules, and chose not to.

In any case, it's ridiculous to agree to a set of rules, then break them and complain when you get punished.

Shimo

Said it when they made the ruling against Wolves, it was opening up a can of worms that will really hurt the game. They've gone and proved my point. Now teams need to be told who they should field and who their best players are.

Absolute joke of a decision. They should be ashamed of themselves but, having made the decision doubt it would even enter their mind.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
fecking joke, but that's to be expected from the twats at the PL, FA, FIFA etc.

phelans shorts

The 25 man squad rule has nothing to do with the rule in question here.
Erm, it directly affects it, if a squad names 25 players who can play it's up to them what they so with them, it's not like they sent out a bunch of youth teamers is it?

Do you know who sets the rules for Premier League Clubs? Premier League Clubs, including Blackpool. Last summer the clubs, including Blackpool, had the opportunity to change the rules, and chose not to.

In any case, it's ridiculous to agree to a set of rules, then break them and complain when you get punished.
Most of the clubs did want to get rid of it, for whatever reason it didn't happen.

kietotheworld

Erm, it directly affects it, if a squad names 25 players who can play it's up to them what they so with them, it's not like they sent out a bunch of youth teamers is it?
Youth players can play irrespective of being in the 25 man squad. It's obviously not up to them to do what they feel like with them, because there are rules such as this.

Most of the clubs did want to get rid of it, for whatever reason it didn't happen.
Source for this?

phelans shorts

Youth players can play irrespective of being in the 25 man squad. It's obviously not up to them to do what they feel like with them, because there are rules such as this.
This rule that by the premier leagues previous statement they have incorrectly used time and again?

Premier League clarify "weakened team" rules - ESPN Soccernet

Source for this?
Pretty much every club complains about it whenever something crops up, as you are well aware.

Shimo

Ridiculous argument but, now understand there are people out there that are silly enough to think they know what is going on at a club, the fitness of players, how they are training etc to decide of what is their strongest team.

For any club to have been deemed to have broken the rule - there needs to be facts proving the team was weakened and that if they had played PlayerX, Y and Z -they would have been stronger. It is a presumption on their part and no way provable.

There are many idiotic rules and laws in the game and life but, just because people haven't taken the steps to get them removed doesn't make them any less idiotic. The reason for this rule is to maintain the integrity of the game but, the ruling makes a mockery of the spirit of the rule especially since it was a competitive game.

kietotheworld

This rule that by the premier leagues previous statement they have incorrectly used time and again?

Premier League clarify "weakened team" rules - ESPN Soccernet
I can't see anything there about being allowed to play 25 man squads.

Pretty much every club complains about it whenever something crops up, as you are well aware.
So you don't have a source for it? I'm guessing you don't, because it never happened, if most clubs wanted to get rid of the rule then it would have been publicised. It exists to protect the integrity of the League, it's a good rule.

Ridiculous argument but, now understand there are people out there that are silly enough to think they know what is going on at a club, the fitness of players, how they are training etc to decide of what is their strongest team.

For any club to have been deemed to have broken the rule - there needs to be facts proving the team was weakened and that if they had played PlayerX, Y and Z -they would have been stronger. It is a presumption on their part and no way provable.

There are many idiotic rules and laws in the game and life but, just because people haven't taken the steps to get them removed doesn't make them any less idiotic. The reason for this rule is to maintain the integrity of the game but, the ruling makes a mockery of the spirit of the rule especially since it was a competitive game.
Are you saying it wasn't a weakened side from Blackpool?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Can't you say everyone was injured?

wr8_utd

:'(
BREAKING NEWS: West Ham have been fined £2,500,000 by the Premier League for fielding a weakened team all season. #guardianexclusive

phelans shorts

I can't see anything there about being allowed to play 25 man squads.
it's actually from before that rule, and states that in times of fixture congestion (3 games in a week is kind if that)

So you don't have a source for it? I'm guessing you don't, because it never happened, if most clubs wanted to get rid of the rule then it would have been publicised. It exists to protect the integrity of the League, it's a good rule.
Are you denying managers speak out often about not liking this pathetic rule that favours the bigger clubs as they have deeper squads, was our side against Hull not worthy of being fined? (without fixture congestion too may I add)

Are you saying it wasn't a weakened side from Blackpool?
Are you saying big clubs should be able to get away with this?

wr8_utd

:'(
United made 11 changes for the Hull game 2 years back. No punishment.

Arsenal made 8 changes for the Wigan game last month. No punishment.

RK

Can't you say everyone was injured?
I was wondering this.

I hope the next manager who needs to rest players goes on tv with a massive grin and claims his 11 first-teamers are physically or mentally unfit to play.

Stupid rule anyway, the PL might as well pick the teams.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
United made 11 changes for the Hull game 2 years back. No punishment.

Arsenal made 8 changes for the Wigan game last month. No punishment.
Hard to argue you've fielded a weakened team when you win, no?

The rule is still retarded though.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
what a load of bollocks. Who are they to decide what a weakened team is? Do they have score cards for each player on record? If so, i'd love to see what they use, bet its bloody FM statistics and its updated by members of the fecking transfer forum from each teams forum boards

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
what a load of bollocks. Who are they to decide what a weakened team is? Do they have score cards for each player on record? If so, i'd love to see what they use, bet its bloody FM statistics and its updated by members of the fecking transfer forum from each teams forum boards
Nah, we'd get fined every time we played Gibson and O'Shea.

Sylar

Absolutely stupid. Thats a piss take on the players who played as they are basically being called rubbish by those that fined them. And to top it off, they only lost the game in the 90th minute.

Should be appealed.