Gaming Bloodborne (PS4)

Godfather

Just played it through for the first time. Every boss (incl Moon Presence) + DLC. What a game fecking hell. Any tips for NG+ ?

Chalice dungeons I skipped. Maybe I'll get into those

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just played it through for the first time. Every boss (incl Moon Presence) + DLC. What a game fecking hell. Any tips for NG+ ?

@Irwin99 did it recently so he may be able to give some good advice. I haven’t played it for a long time. I do want to play through it again but hoping they’ll announce a PS5 upgrade soon.

Irwin99

I heard a lot of people say that NG+ was scary in terms of difficulty and gets tougher with each new game but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did the DLC and the chalice dungeons trophies on my second playthrough (and got the final trophy on my third run NG++). The chalice dungeons do get really tough but they don't level scale so you will be going into NG+ with an advantage.

As long as you're decently leveled you should be ok. You sound as if you've really gone to town on all the bosses on your first run so you should be leveled well enough. Also don't be afraid to cheese Micolash by killing him unfairly...the fecker deserves it :mad:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I heard a lot of people say that NG+ was scary in terms of difficulty and gets tougher with each new game but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did the DLC and the chalice dungeons trophies on my second playthrough (and got the final trophy on my third run NG++). The chalice dungeons do get really tough but they don't level scale so you will be going into NG+ with an advantage.

As long as you're decently leveled you should be ok. You sound as if you've really gone to town on all the bosses on your first run so you should be leveled well enough. Also don't be afraid to cheese Micolash by killing him unfairly...the fecker deserves it :mad:
NG+ was easier than first round. First round you had to learn enemies and your own movements, second round you breeze through it if you learned what to do.

Godfather

@Irwin99 did it recently so he may be able to give some good advice. I haven’t played it for a long time. I do want to play through it again but hoping they’ll announce a PS5 upgrade soon.
Thanks mate. Still trying to get my hands on a PS5 so that's not an issue for me (yet).

Godfather

Thanks for the input. I'm trying to wrap my head around the endings:

You do get a trophy when you finish all three endings right? So I guess for this run I'm not getting and/or consuming the umbilical cords right?

As for the levelling: I properly cheesed that by putting on all three moon roons and going through school of mensis over and over again. Such a good spot to farm blood echoes.

Irwin99

Thanks for the input. I'm trying to wrap my head around the endings:

You do get a trophy when you finish all three endings right? So I guess for this run I'm not getting and/or consuming the umbilical cords right?

As for the levelling: I properly cheesed that by putting on all three moon roons and going through school of mensis over and over again. Such a good spot to farm blood echoes.
You get three endings which give 3 separate trophies: one where you swallow all 3 of the cord things and fight the final bosses, one where you don't choose to fight the last boss but decide to die, and the other is choosing to fight him but DON'T eat the umbilical cords so you don't get the extra boss.

if you've swallowed/eaten the three cords on your first playthrough just don't do it again on this playthrough and you'll get a different ending.

Godfather

You get three endings which give 3 separate trophies: one where you swallow all 3 of the cord things and fight the final bosses, one where you don't choose to fight the last boss but decide to die, and the other is choosing to fight him but DON'T eat the umbilical cords so you don't get the extra boss.

if you've swallowed/eaten the three cords on your first playthrough just don't do it again on this playthrough and you'll get a different ending.
Thanks mate thought so. Can't wait to get going again this game hooks you!

Abraxas

There's been a lot of undeserving, cash in remakes, but if ever a title deserved one it is this.

I wouldn't say the performance of the game on PS4 ruined it but it certainly took the gloss off things. The usual souls stutter combined with poor frame rates. Given the faster combat in this it really was a dampener for me, but the PS4 was very limited hardware and From didn't seem to have the expertise to optimise these games perfectly.

It would be amazing to see this in 4K, 60fps with the textures tidied up a bit. From what I gather it is quite a bit of work to do that even to a basic degree, so who knows if the market is big enough for it to happen.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Chalice Dungeons is where the real horror is. Being chased down a tight corridor by 12 spiders. Or worse, this guy coming after you...

Godfather

Chalice Dungeons is where the real horror is. Being chased down a tight corridor by 12 spiders. Or worse, this guy coming after you...
Well I've almost finished my second playthrough. DLC still missing. Started with the Dungeons now and I must say they aren't half as fun as the main game. I almost feel like I have to do them though as the best blood gems are down there. But hell I don't like going through labyrinths without any storyline. Cool bosses though. But the hassle to finally get to them jusn't isn't for me it seems.

Siorac

And Platinumed!

Brilliant, brilliant game. Felt the DLC was quite short but made up for it with excellent boss fights, with Ludwig being the best and the music for Laurence :drool:
The Old Hunters DLC is 10/10, pretty much peak FromSoft I think. Though feck Orphan and his screeching.

Siorac

I never played the DLC for this, was it actually that good?
Yes. Four brilliant bossfights (and a somewhat 'meh' fifth though that one also has excellent music), incredibly well-designed and atmospheric levels, some cool lore and a few brilliant new weapons.

It's also hard as feck.

SuperiorXI

Yes. Four brilliant bossfights (and a somewhat 'meh' fifth though that one also has excellent music), incredibly well-designed and atmospheric levels, some cool lore and a few brilliant new weapons.

It's also hard as feck.
I loved Bloodborne but I'm almost scared to go back and play this. PTSD.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
The Old Hunters DLC is 10/10, pretty much peak FromSoft I think. Though feck Orphan and his screeching.
OOK glitched out for me midway through the fight. He got stuck on the rocks to the right with that stupid grin on his face and I kept on attacking before realising that he wasn't moving.

Will see if there are more unique bosses in the Chalice Dungeons. Some of the toughest fights excluding the DLC were in Chalice Dungeons.

I never played the DLC for this, was it actually that good?
Yup its really good. Its pretty small with 5 boss fights. As Siorac mentioned of the 5 fights only one is kinda meme fight but the rest 4 make up for it. And the music is brilliant throughout.

Moby

Dick
So started this about a month or so ago and got the platinum. Massive thanks to @harshad for getting me into this and guiding till the end. I did not do the chalice dungeons apart from the initial ones so got the queen trophy using 'other ways' and aforementioned help.

Brilliant experience overall and this was my first FromSoft game so I really enjoyed it. The combat is amazing the way it rewards being aggressive and punishes being passive. Managed to do most bosses without any cheese strats. Father G, Logarius and Gehrman were the ones I probably enjoyed the most. Loved the NPC hunters battles as well. Also the lore is fantastic on this. Heard a lot about the DLC but feel that's beyond my level. It's on sale right now so another week to decide on that.

Siorac

Every time I see this thread bumped I get a smidgen of hope of a 60fps patch
Get a PS4 pro, jailbreak it and apply the 60 fps mod.

It's a fecking painful process by all accounts but it's possible. I haven't tried though.

Ainu

So started this about a month or so ago and got the platinum. Massive thanks to @harshad for getting me into this and guiding till the end. I did not do the chalice dungeons apart from the initial ones so got the queen trophy using 'other ways' and aforementioned help.

Brilliant experience overall and this was my first FromSoft game so I really enjoyed it. The combat is amazing the way it rewards being aggressive and punishes being passive. Managed to do most bosses without any cheese strats. Father G, Logarius and Gehrman were the ones I probably enjoyed the most. Loved the NPC hunters battles as well. Also the lore is fantastic on this. Heard a lot about the DLC but feel that's beyond my level. It's on sale right now so another week to decide on that.
Don't worry too much about the difficulty of the DLC. If you can platinum the base game, you've got the perseverance to tackle the DLC. It's hard, yes, but it's also some of the best content FromSoft have produced. Don't miss out.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
Don't worry too much about the difficulty of the DLC. If you can platinum the base game, you've got the perseverance to tackle the DLC. It's hard, yes, but it's also some of the best content FromSoft gave produced. Don't miss out.
Cheers yeah been reading that about it and I dont doubt it will be brilliant. I actually fared fine against most bosses apart from a couple and I'm obviously a lot more levelled up now. Something like

First/Near first time kills: Vicar Amelia, Cleric Beast, Blood Starved Beast, Witches of Hemwick (laughs), Shadows of Yharnam, Amygdala, The One Reborn, Mergo's Wet Nurse, Celestial Emmisary (rubbish), Micolash, Darkbeast Paarl, Rom The Vacuous Spider, Moon Presence

Needed serious learning and loads of tries: Gehrman, Martyr Logarius (toughest for me), Father Gascoigne

Found almost unkillable: Ebreitas, Pthumerian Descendant :mad:

Might give it a go but let's see. There's so much left to do in main game as well. Dungeons. NG+. Replay with a different build.

Irwin99

. Heard a lot about the DLC but feel that's beyond my level. It's on sale right now so another week to decide on that.
The DLC is tough but really not much tougher than the main game and it pushed the game up even higher in my estimation. A bit like the Witcher 3 the DLC just added something special to the experience imo.

Ainu

Cheers yeah been reading that about it and I dont doubt it will be brilliant. I actually fared fine against most bosses apart from a couple and I'm obviously a lot more levelled up now. Something like

First/Near first time kills: Vicar Amelia, Cleric Beast, Blood Starved Beast, Witches of Hemwick (laughs), Shadows of Yharnam, Amygdala, The One Reborn, Mergo's Wet Nurse, Celestial Emmisary (rubbish), Micolash, Darkbeast Paarl, Rom The Vacuous Spider, Moon Presence

Needed serious learning and loads of tries: Gehrman, Martyr Logarius (toughest for me), Father Gascoigne

Found almost unkillable: Ebreitas, Pthumerian Descendant :mad:

Might give it a go but let's see. There's so much left to do in main game as well. Dungeons. NG+. Replay with a different build.
Near first time kill of Paarl is not bad. I struggled with that fight for ages.

Moby

Dick
Near first time kill of Paarl is not bad. I struggled with that fight for ages.
Yeah he smashed me a couple of times and I didn't really get what was going on. Next time I simple crashed into him. Like literally went in and hugged him and kept swinging my axe. For the latter half he was pinned between me and the wall and it was done.

Also fought him a bit early so was a bit scared. It was before Amelia and I didn't have Ludwig's Holy Blade which I used for the rest of the game.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!

Happy to help. BLB fight was fun. Pthumeru Descendent not so much :lol:. Fecker throws his sickle as a boomerang.

You should do the chalices. There are still some great bosses there. Plus there are the FRC chalices which basically increases the difficulty if you do it the 'legit' way. And get the DLC if the discount is good. The DLC is absolutely worth it and has some cook weapons. You saw the Pizza Cutter in action. Awesome strength weapon if you have made a strength build. And if you are still having doubts on getting the DLC, just imagine yourself fighting a boss with this music

Moby

Dick
Pthumeru Descendent not so much :lol:. Fecker throws his sickle as a boomerang.
It's a fecked up fight. Those throws hit you twice and four times when he splits the blades. But the fact he can throw it through those pillars while you cannot attack him through them or even see what he's about to do is pretty broken. Most of the times I fought him face to face and was able to dodge fairly often, but inevitably due to the arena layout you are gonna get trapped behind a pillar and that's it. Not to mention he covers half the arena in one combo attack charging forward. The dungeon arenas are mental. :lol:

And if you are still having doubts on getting the DLC, just imagine yourself fighting a boss with this music
That sends chills down my spine everytime. Even the Gehrman soundtrack and setting was awesome.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

The DLC is really good, but don't make the same mistake as I did and go in there on NG++. It is very, very difficult and took me ages to complete it on that. There's a boss in the DLC called Orphan of Kos and he's a tough fecker. Probably the hardest in the game for me, particularly if you go in on NG++ or above.

But it is a good piece of DLC, and fairly long, too.

Moby

Dick
Don't worry too much about the difficulty of the DLC. If you can platinum the base game, you've got the perseverance to tackle the DLC. It's hard, yes, but it's also some of the best content FromSoft have produced. Don't miss out.
The DLC is really good, but don't make the same mistake as I did and go in there on NG++. It is very, very difficult and took me ages to complete it on that. There's a boss in the DLC called Orphan of Kos and he's a tough fecker. Probably the hardest in the game for me, particularly if you go in on NG++ or above.

But it is a good piece of DLC, and fairly long, too.
Happy to help. BLB fight was fun. Pthumeru Descendent not so much :lol:. Fecker throws his sickle as a boomerang.

You should do the chalices. There are still some great bosses there. Plus there are the FRC chalices which basically increases the difficulty if you do it the 'legit' way. And get the DLC if the discount is good. The DLC is absolutely worth it and has some cook weapons. You saw the Pizza Cutter in action. Awesome strength weapon if you have made a strength build. And if you are still having doubts on getting the DLC, just imagine yourself fighting a boss with this music
Cheers guys. Got the DLC. And lasted a grand 5 seconds vs Ludwig in my first attempt. :lol:

@Ainu Im glad you can access the best bosses in this game without having to go through every other boss in the game in a row. Unlike Pure Vessel. :(

Ainu

Cheers guys. Got the DLC. And lasted a grand 5 seconds vs Ludwig in my first attempt. :lol:

@Ainu Im glad you can access the best bosses in this game without having to go through every other boss in the game in a row. Unlike Pure Vessel. :(
Ludwig is such an awesome fight, one of my favourite Fromsoft bosses.

I don't even want to contemplate a Pantheon of Yarnham. :lol::nervous: I'm pretty sure that would be too much.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
So was recommended Darks Souls trilogy a while ago and its 'successor' Bloodborne. I've just seen Bloodborne for cheap and was wondering whether it matters if I play this one first or hold off and go through dark souls first. Also I was told only Dark Souls 1 and 3 are worth playing rather than the whole trilogy, is that really the case.

Moby

Dick
So was recommended Darks Souls trilogy a while ago and its 'successor' Bloodborne. I've just seen Bloodborne for cheap and was wondering whether it matters if I play this one first or hold off and go through dark souls first. Also I was told only Dark Souls 1 and 3 are worth playing rather than the whole trilogy, is that really the case.
I haven't played any Souls or FromSoft games and played Bloodborne straight away. Ended up doing 75 hours on it in a month and finishing it as it was an absolute blast. Think the combat is far more enjoyable and fast paced than dark souls as well as you can't fight passively and have to go for it every second of it. Awesome game.