Gaming Bloodborne (PS4)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
You don't HAVE to fight passively in the souls games either, you do get much more of a choice in everything. Especially the 3rd, which borrows elements of BB.

I wouldn't skip 2 either if you like the first and the overall formula. People who say that over react to the fact it's most disliked out of them all, as it's still head and shoulders above most of the clones.

Eriku

The DLC is really good, but don't make the same mistake as I did and go in there on NG++. It is very, very difficult and took me ages to complete it on that. There's a boss in the DLC called Orphan of Kos and he's a tough fecker. Probably the hardest in the game for me, particularly if you go in on NG++ or above.

But it is a good piece of DLC, and fairly long, too.
Christ, I did the same thing :lol: I was just enjoying my replay when it dropped, and I didn’t feel like restarting. Terrible decision!

Ludwig damn near made me lose my mind, must have taken over 100 tries.

Moby

Dick
Seriously? You are a gaming god then.
Nah nowhere near. Just got lucky. Kept my camera unlocked and kept swinging back. Got super lucky to be behind him both times he did the blast with the sword.

And I'm on my 10th attempt with Lawrence getting him ass handed out here. So yeah. :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Christ, I did the same thing :lol: I was just enjoying my replay when it dropped, and I didn’t feel like restarting. Terrible decision!

Ludwig damn near made me lose my mind, must have taken over 100 tries.
It's no joke. It took me ages to complete it. Orphan of Kos nearly broke me but I kept at it and finally beat him. God knows how many times it took. But yeah, avoid NG+++ or around there, because it is brutally hard.

Siorac

Nah nowhere near. Just got lucky. Kept my camera unlocked and kept swinging back. Got super lucky to be behind him both times he did the blast with the sword.

And I'm on my 10th attempt with Lawrence getting him ass handed out here. So yeah. :lol:
Ludwig's second phase wasn't so bad for me either. But the first one... my god. So many utter dickhead moves.

Moby

Dick
Ludwig's second phase wasn't so bad for me either. But the first one... my god. So many utter dickhead moves.
Yep. Just gotta follow his combo all the way through staying at the back. I must have countered with a combo. Was too frantic to remember but he suddenly triggered the second phase.

But this Lawrence is far too aggressive for me.

Bosws87

You don't HAVE to fight passively in the souls games either, you do get much more of a choice in everything. Especially the 3rd, which borrows elements of BB.

I wouldn't skip 2 either if you like the first and the overall formula. People who say that over react to the fact it's most disliked out of them all, as it's still head and shoulders above most of the clones.
The third one is made to play offensively there is no need to ever use the block button or equip a shield with the i-frames from the roll!

Moby

Dick
So I am fighting Orphan of Kos, the last remaining boss. I did a few sample runs to see what he can do and yes while he is fast, the moves are not that complicated. I find it easier than Laurence mainly due to the big arena, while against Laurence or Ludwig you can get pinned down. Obviously I usually try to hug his side most times and have to attack non stop.

I am going in with a +10 LHB in smaller faster form, and I use bolt paper for second phase, using this I am able to get him down to his last legs but the bastard gets me with the lightning charge. I was thinking of going in with beast claws using beast's embrace. Any other obvious weapon/attire/tip/strategy that I am missing? I wanna take him down face on so no catching him in same animation for the whole fight and parrying.

Also I have a STR/SKL build with both at 30 so which other weapon should I be looking to max? I should have two more blood rocks with me.

Siorac

So I am fighting Orphan of Kos, the last remaining boss. I did a few sample runs to see what he can do and yes while he is fast, the moves are not that complicated. I find it easier than Laurence mainly due to the big arena, while against Laurence or Ludwig you can get pinned down. Obviously I usually try to hug his side most times and have to attack non stop.

I am going in with a +10 LHB in smaller faster form, and I use bolt paper for second phase, using this I am able to get him down to his last legs but the bastard gets me with the lightning charge. I was thinking of going in with beast claws using beast's embrace. Any other obvious weapon/attire/tip/strategy that I am missing? I wanna take him down face on so no catching him in same animation for the whole fight and parrying.

Also I have a STR/SKL build with both at 30 so which other weapon should I be looking to max? I should have two more blood rocks with me.
For the lightning charge, you can either:

- move to the entrance
- look at their angle and trajectory and simply avoid them
- if you are the ultimate badass, you can time a backstab and then a visceral attack perfectly so you can i-frame through the lightning when they get there.

Also, the 'heal on visceral attack' rune is a must. It's incredibly satisfying to kill him without using a single blood vial because parry + visceral heals back everything.

Moby

Dick
For the lightning charge, you can either:

- move to the entrance
- look at their angle and trajectory and simply avoid them
- if you are the ultimate badass, you can time a backstab and then a visceral attack perfectly so you can i-frame through the lightning when they get there.

Also, the 'heal on visceral attack' rune is a must. It's incredibly satisfying to kill him without using a single blood vial because parry + visceral heals back everything.
I did a few runs where I was parrying him. But the uneven terrain means a lot of parries don't turn into V Attacks. Also parrying in his second phase isn't very straight forward. :lol:

Siorac

I did a few runs where I was parrying him. But the uneven terrain means a lot of parries don't turn into V Attacks. Also parrying in his second phase isn't very straight forward. :lol:
No, the second phase is pure insanity. I either 1) attempt to keep parrying, 2) play hyperaggressive and hope to kill him before he kills me, or 3) play very patiently and punish only when he does the 'I'm going absolutely insane' attack and then takes a breather.

Moby

Dick
No, the second phase is pure insanity. I either 1) attempt to keep parrying, 2) play hyperaggressive and hope to kill him before he kills me, or 3) play very patiently and punish only when he does the 'I'm going absolutely insane' attack and then takes a breather.
Yeah. I went with option 2, hyperaggressive, and I was doing fine and coming on top. UNTIL he ran to his momma for help. Let's see. I think it will take a lot of attempts like with Laurence, but I think my strat is fine here as compared to Laurence where my weapon was wrong and he got destroyed as soon as I switched to cleaver.

Siorac

Yeah. I went with option 2, hyperaggressive, and I was doing fine and coming on top. UNTIL he ran to his momma for help. Let's see. I think it will take a lot of attempts like with Laurence, but I think my strat is fine here as compared to Laurence where my weapon was wrong and he got destroyed as soon as I switched to cleaver.
Oh, one more thing: you mentioned uneven terrain. I always fight Orphan in the water. In my experience, anywhere else is a death sentence. You WILL get stuck on scenery and he WILL make pancake out of you.

Moby

Dick
Oh, one more thing: you mentioned uneven terrain. I always fight Orphan in the water. In my experience, anywhere else is a death sentence. You WILL get stuck on scenery and he WILL make pancake out of you.
Killed him. :devil: What an amazing feeling.

Must have taken 20-25 tries. I tried a few runs with parry strats etc but in the end I realised that's not my playing style. I've played the whole game hyperaggressive so went with that. Actually think I made it tougher for myself by not using bolt paper in first phase as I wanted to save it. But yeah. No glitch or parry or anything. Just in his face and pure destruction. Definitely needed a bit of luck like with Ludwig and this time I wasn't far away from Kos when the lightning happened twice. Somehow caught a breath by the end and quickly equipped anothrer bolt paper when he was low and where I was dying previously. After that no looking back.

That's the entire game done for me. Massive thanks to everyone who pushed for the DLC and helped out. Three excellent areas with good lore items and maps plus four Kickass bosses. Even though I didn't experience Ludwig for more than twice. Laurence well made up for it. He ended up the toughest for me simply due to that arena where he could easily pin you. But both him and orphan were seriously fun to fight. What a fecking last phase that was.

Moby

Dick
Ludwig is such an awesome fight, one of my favourite Fromsoft bosses.
Playing the NG+ now and killing him took more than two attempts now. :lol: Had around 7-8 attempts before getting it and glad I got to experience it properly this time, especially that mental first phase. What a great battle!

Moby

Dick
I have no fecking idea what the feck just happened. I may be dreaming but I smashed Orphan of fecking Kos second try in NG+. :lol:

Went in with smaller form of pizza cutter. Always fast weapon with this cnut. And just kept rounding him. I was actually standing right on top of Kos when he summoned the lightning but somehow dodged it. :lol:

I really went in looking forward to 50 tries to kill this guy. Kinda wanted to fight more but wow.

Bosws87

I have no fecking idea what the feck just happened. I may be dreaming but I smashed Orphan of fecking Kos second try in NG+. :lol:

Went in with smaller form of pizza cutter. Always fast weapon with this cnut. And just kept rounding him. I was actually standing right on top of Kos when he summoned the lightning but somehow dodged it. :lol:

I really went in looking forward to 50 tries to kill this guy. Kinda wanted to fight more but wow.
Beauty of Souls vastly improved your skill without it being explicitly obvious or a complete fluke prefer the first idea.

Moby

Dick
Beauty of Souls vastly improved your skill without it being explicitly obvious or a complete fluke prefer the first idea.
Definitely not a fluke. Had learnt a lot of his moves by the end of NG but with that second phase you know you are half praying for luck.

Worst thing I kept doing earlier was staying away from this guy. Anything mid range or more and that yo yo smashes hard. Just absolutely hugged him and went 200% aggressive. Keep getting combos in to stagger him. If there is any weakness in him is he gets staggered rather easily. So gotta do that with a fast weapon.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah, I seen this trending, seen the word "remade" and my heart leaped out of my chest. Alas, it was not what i though it was. :lol:

Cool though.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Remade? I’ve seen it touted as a BB demake. At any rate I was as disappointed as you :lol:
Yeah, various places used the word "remade" which got me all excited. But then I was promptly let down.

Moby

Dick

They couldn't have chosen a worse enemy for the cover. :lol:

Never opening that book. feck those lanterns. Absolute worst cnuts in the game.

Sweet Square

Finished Bloodborn last night although I'm going in as I totally forgot about the DLC stuff and picked the ''good'' ending.

Overall I loved it and it's up there as one of my favourite games, so I'm happy to keep playing(No surprise that I died a lot but really one struggled with 2 bosses - darkbeast paarl and Martyr Logarius)

Just watched this few seconds ago.

I support the no doggo killing.
I hated having to kill the dogs stuck in the cages but well shit they've got to go.

Moby

Dick
Finished Bloodborn last night although I'm going in as I totally forgot about the DLC stuff and picked the ''good'' ending.

Overall I loved it and it's up there as one of my favourite games, so I'm happy to keep playing(No surprise that I died a lot but really one struggled with 2 bosses - darkbeast paarl and Martyr Logarius)

I hated having to kill the dogs stuck in the cages but well shit they've got to go.
DLC is absolutely out of this world, you'd love it.

I cracked the formula for darkbeast early but I know many who had a bad time there. That AOE attack is tricky.

Logarius though. feck him. Worst boss for me in the main game. And that pathetic trek to him made it even worse. Only time I had to give up go do other stuff and come back later.

caid

Gascoigne and the last boss killed me a few times but found most of the others pretty easy. I didn't fight paarl till pretty late and didn't fight Logarius at all on my first playthrough though.
I never picked up the dlc but did everything else. Chalice dungeons were a chore, kind of worth it for the boss at the end which was interesting.

Sweet Square

I cracked the formula for darkbeast early but I know many who had a bad time there. That AOE attack is tricky.
I died so many times before realising

1)You need turn off the lock on, attack it's legs and try to make sure it doesn't go back to it's normal electric state.

2)You can get the Henryk's Hunter Set.

Yeah the AOE attacks nearly always gets me. With the Henryk's Hunter Set it's sort of worth it to keep attacking and just take the hit.

Logarius though. feck him. Worst boss for me in the main game. And that pathetic trek to him made it even worse. Only time I had to give up go do other stuff and come back later.
I got to him pretty late on in the game, so I was always doing enough damage to point where a good 3 or 4 time he was one hit away from dying but I couldn't get over the line. Also once I've died a decent number of times I like to try and figure out how the boss sort of works. Even though it might take a lot longer it's quite satisfying when you've beaten a boss without taking a lot of damage .

Gascoigne and the last boss killed me a few times but found most of the others pretty easy. I didn't fight paarl till pretty late and didn't fight Logarius at all on my first playthrough though.
I never picked up the dlc but did everything else. Chalice dungeons were a chore, kind of worth it for the boss at the end which was interesting.
Gascoigne was my favourite out of all them, finding out his backstory and getting the music box was brilliant. Only managed to do a few chalice dungeons(Struggled to find the right items to do more).

Chairman Steve

I watched someone play the Bloodborne PSX game last night and I must say it’s the most impressive fan-made game I’ve seen since Black Mesa.

The final boss of the game was a cool concept and execution (no idea if it was a Miyazaki idea that wasn’t realised or was an original idea by the creator - but it fit in with the game) and I liked how Winter Lanterns were used in the game as an almost Mr.X/Nemesis like enemy.

Hopefully Sony adopt the Valve approach and just let fans make and play third party mods.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

So much good waiting for you in to the dlc. Never had much problems with darkbeast pearl, but these things tend to be individual.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I decided to try this bastard again, six years later, to see if my tolerance for death has improved since my twenties and playing more difficult games.

It has! It's so damn good. Spent two hours dying endlessly in the opening area last night before finally unlocking the short cut to the first boss (further than I ever got before :lol:) and actually managed to kill him in 3 attempts which I was happy with. Also think it helps that I checked online to see the best beginner build, so I went high vitality/strength and that cleaver weapon.

Let's go baby, bring on the pain.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Any tips on replaying this? I feel that while I liked BB, as all FromSoft games are excellent, somehow it didn't amaze me. Are there optional areas I should explore which I missed out on? Are there weapons/armor I should go get? I only remember the saw and gun, mostly. Maybe one or two others but nothing I really recall. Then there's the DLC which i Imagine is significant enough to try.

largelyworried

I decided to try this bastard again, six years later, to see if my tolerance for death has improved since my twenties and playing more difficult games.

It has! It's so damn good. Spent two hours dying endlessly in the opening area last night before finally unlocking the short cut to the first boss (further than I ever got before :lol:) and actually managed to kill him in 3 attempts which I was happy with. Also think it helps that I checked online to see the best beginner build, so I went high vitality/strength and that cleaver weapon.

Let's go baby, bring on the pain.
Quality builds, ie having equal levels of strength and skill, are generally regarded as the best builds for going through it the first time. Weapons-wise, the cleaver is great, but its useful to have another weapon that you keep with you that does a lot of stagger. (I won't spoiler them my naming them). With some enemies it can really help.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Quality builds, ie having equal levels of strength and skill, are generally regarded as the best builds for going through it the first time. Weapons-wise, the cleaver is great, but its useful to have another weapon that you keep with you that does a lot of stagger. (I won't spoiler them my naming them). With some enemies it can really help.
Oh I didn't realise you could get more weapons as you go along. Cool!

I think the pistol interrupt trick is something I never figured out before and that's been a BIG help so far this time, learning that.

I wish they'd release a performance patch though. Feels so slow running at 30fps on my ps5 :(