Gaming Bloodborne (PS4)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
:lol: Good pace so far.

Best thing about this is everyone has their own experience. Like for me Gascoigne was so much tougher than BSB.
I think I had him down in 5 or 6 goes. The poison bit for BSB kept fecking me so I finally just used fire paper for the last third and spammed her with attack before she could finish me. Poison killed me as soon as I won :lol:

caid

Any tips on replaying this? I feel that while I liked BB, as all FromSoft games are excellent, somehow it didn't amaze me. Are there optional areas I should explore which I missed out on? Are there weapons/armor I should go get? I only remember the saw and gun, mostly. Maybe one or two others but nothing I really recall. Then there's the DLC which i Imagine is significant enough to try.
I'd try and do the chalice dungeons. Look up a route to Yahrnam boss. Shes interesting.
Most of the game is optional to be honest, you can fly through just doing the least necessary pretty quick for different endings. Theres a lot of npc's and quest chains and usually a couple of ways of doing them. They're very easy to miss, i looked up a guide.
Armor isn't really relevant, theres very little difference between the strongest and weakest armor in the game. Unless you care about looking cool it doesn't matter. Saw and Gun you get at start of the game are two of the best weapons you can get, if not the best. Some weapons fare a bit better against certain bosses but will be terrible against others, saw and gun is always good. So theres not much to do in that regard beyond collecting for the sake of collecting.
Haven't played the DLC myself. I definitely should.

Moby

Dick
Haven't played the DLC myself. I definitely should.
Mate I paid more for the DLC than the actual game and it was 1000% worth it. Absolutely top tier.

5 bosses of which 4 are the outright best in the game. And then you have this playing when you start fighting one of those bastards:

caid

Mate I paid more for the DLC than the actual game and it was 1000% worth it. Absolutely top tier.

5 bosses of which 4 are the outright best in the game. And then you have this playing when you start fighting one of those bastards:

I know but if i play it now then i'll have no more bloodborne to see! I kind of want to save it, i just played the base game when the ps5 released and played sekiro pretty shortly after so was a bit burned out on soulsborne.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I tried getting into this but really struggled after the gorgeous Demons Souls PS5 remake. It looks like a PS3 game to me.

Massive Spanner

I tried getting into this but really struggled after the gorgeous Demons Souls PS5 remake. It looks like a PS3 game to me.
It hasn't aged well looks wise and the fps is horrible but it plays like a dream, combat is incredibly smooth. I can see why people rate it so highly now.

Fecking thing is like crack, I can't get enough of it despite it being abysmally frustrating and damaging to my health!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Even Old Yharnam is optional and one of the best areas in the main game.

The optional areas have some of the best fights in the game: Logarius, Ebrietas and Amygdala. The first two especially are absolute bastards.

Doing strictly the main game pretty much leaves out most of the best stuff in it. And of course that includes the dungeons. :lol:
Are the dungeons actually fun or people play them just to get to the bosses?

amolbhatia50k

DLC is expensive right now so I'll wait till it's on discount before diving back.

Moby

Dick
Are the dungeons actually fun or people play them just to get to the bosses?
The real horror of the game lies in the dungeons. The toughest enemies and bosses with no room to just run away from them if you get caught. The lower dungeons cut your health in half etc so if you feel like challenging yourself the dungeons are there.

Plus the best gems in the game are found there.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Have they actually confirmed whether they are updating/remastering this? I'd love another play through but if they're going to update may just hold off and wait...

Woodzy

Have they actually confirmed whether they are updating/remastering this? I'd love another play through but if they're going to update may just hold off and wait...
I tried playing it the other day and just couldn’t do it. Hope they give it an FPS boost at the very least.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I don't think they have, but I think they will do a remake like demon souls to milk it for money.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Nah it doesn't look that bad. Try playing the Ds1 remaster. Looks awful.

Sweet Square

So it turns out it’s not advisable to start the DLC first time on new game plus(I missed the DLC on my first play through)as bosses hit harder and have more health.

I wouldn't call them fun, they're not exactly interesting in terms of level design. It's the strength of the gameplay that got me through them. The unique bosses make it worth it.
I could be wrong but aren’t all the dungeon levels ai generated ?

amolbhatia50k

So it turns out it’s not advisable to start the DLC first time on new game plus(I missed the DLC on my first play through)as bosses hit harder and have more health.
So it's best to start a fresh playthrough for it then? You'd lose all items and upgrades then

Sweet Square

So it's best to start a fresh playthrough for it then? You'd lose all items and upgrades then
Yeah thats what is recommended on the wiki at least.

• If you have bought the DLC, play it and complete it. It is not advisable to do your first runthrough of the DLC on NG+. If you don't, you will have to redo the first section of the game (up to and including defeating Amelia) to be able to even access the DLC, and the DLC bosses are known for being extremely difficult on NG+ (they are very tough on NG anyway). If you have already entered your NG+, it is worth considering making a second save file so that you can play the DLC in NG.
https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Game+Plus
You do lose all the items and upgrades but bosses also lose the extra health and damage power they gain in NG+.

I’m playing the DLC on NG+(I’m too lazy to start again now)and I’m getting destroyed. :(

Moby

Dick
Yeah thats what is recommended on the wiki at least.

You do lose all the items and upgrades but bosses also lose the extra health and damage power they gain in NG+.

I’m playing the DLC on NG+(I’m too lazy to start again now)and I’m getting destroyed. :(
It wasn't much different. Maybe even easier in NG+.

As a player you define your own difficulty in this game. You can be underlevelled in NG or overlevelled in NG+

Sweet Square

It wasn't much different. Maybe even easier in NG+.

As a player you define your own difficulty in this game. You can be underlevelled in NG or overlevelled in NG+
Cheers.

Tbh if I didn’t read the wiki about NG+ I wouldn’t have said there was really any difference between the two modes. Some of the standard bosses have been easier in NG+ compared to when I played in standard mode(Although I’m guessing that’s quite common as I’m not playing the game for the first time). It’s still very enjoyable.

Massive Spanner

Ok the forgotten woods (snaaaakes) just straight up suck. Not a fun area :lol:

the boss is good though, tried 3 times now and think I have a good strategy figured out. I need to stop playing for today and do other things. Oh god.

Moby

Dick
Get the guy doing ranged attacks first. After that they’re not so bad.
Nah. Get the Katana dude first because he has the most health. Then flame then candle guy. Because once those earth serpants come out you wanna finish the weakest guy quickly.

Katana guy is easy to separate as well because he is more aggressive. Just lure him behind the stone and go to town.

I somehow got these guys early but have heard a few struggle here. Also one of the worst runbacks.

Eriku

Guess I’m in the minority on that one. Been a few years since I’ve played, but I distinctly remember his ranged attacks fecking up my shit at crucial moments, so I got no-where unless I took him out first.

Sweet Square

This fight is the absolute worst.
Yeah I really struggled with this. Imo the trick is you have to manage the health of all 3 bosses. When the one of the bosses reaches around just above a quarter of health they will all transform into a more powerful form. So you want to take away at least half the health from all the bosses before killing one of them. Also without lock on it’s so much easier.

Edit - :lol: congrats!

Massive Spanner

Yeah I really struggled with this. Imo the trick is you have to manage the health of all 3 bosses. When the one of the bosses reaches around just above a quarter of health they will all transform into a more powerful form. So you want to take away at least health from all the bosses before killing one of them. Also without lock on it’s so much easier.

Edit - :lol: congrats!
Yeah I got the health of katana and fire dude down low then just spammed them with a fired up sword til they died and took the last dude to the back of the tombstone where the snakes couldn’t hit me. Don’t even want to know how many tries that was. Definitely the worst battle yet.

Sweet Square

Yeah I got the health of katana and fire dude down low then just spammed them with a fired up sword til they died and took the last dude to the back of the tombstone where the snakes couldn’t hit me. Don’t even want to know how many tries that was. Definitely the worst battle yet.
Nice one. Yeah it's very different to the other boss fights, it took me a while to adjust to it. Also when you die it takes forever to get back to the fight again, which added more pressure(I loved the design of the bosses, reminded me of Lord Of The Things).