Gaming Bloodborne (PS4)

Ainu

The Shadows of Yarnheim or whatever they are are worse, and a tougher boss too.
It's been a while but with the right shortcut, it didn't feel worse. Logarius has that ladder where there's always a chance of getting hit by a ranged attack and unavoidable fall damage after that (minor, but still annoying).

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's been a while but with the right shortcut, it didn't feel worse. Logarius has that ladder where there's always a chance of getting hit by a ranged attack and unavoidable fall damage after that (minor, but still annoying).
Yeah although thinking back, first few times I went to Logarius he absolutely pummelled me. One shots all over the place. Think I had to go up 15-20 levels and then go back and then I got him fairly quickly. He was the only boss in the game I recall feeling like I had to farm and go back for.

Moby

Dick
I wonder if Logarius would be regarded very differently if he didn't have that awful run up to him. Worst run of the game as far as I remember.
Absolutely. Always got damage from that stupid dart throwing cnut and that fall in the end.

Love the boss fight though. One of the more unique fights with the arcane damage and that terrible sword rain and shit. You have to be absolutely on your toes.

Woodzy

Hated those pricks.

To add insult to injury they threw in insta-kill tentacles coming out the ground towards the end of the fight.
I beat them second try earlier. The first time I went for the pyro thrower first and ended up being a nightmare including the random snakes you mentioned.

The second time I tried to spread the damage but tried to take out the sword guy first and managed to beat them fairly easily, but at the same time I don’t think I ever used so much blood vials on a boss.

SuperiorXI

I beat them second try earlier. The first time I went for the pyro thrower first and ended up being a nightmare including the random snakes you mentioned.

The second time I tried to spread the damage but tried to take out the sword guy first and managed to beat them fairly easily, but at the same time I don’t think I ever used so much blood vials on a boss.
From memory it took me about 15 tries :lol: I beat them with a tactic of one at a time and running.

Beat Bloodborne with no summons which I'm quite proud of. I miss the Kirkhammer. Might have to do another playthrough!

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Hated those pricks.

To add insult to injury they threw in insta-kill tentacles coming out the ground towards the end of the fight.
They are quite easy if you know the correct order to take them on. I forget which order though.

Moby

Dick
Beating Koz on ng+6 is mental. Laurence is mental as well.
What level were you at? :lol:

Orphan is easier than Laurence for me even though after a point in the second phase you just sit and pray but Laurence can just combo the feck out of you with nowhere to go. You absolutely have to perfectly time the dodges. Orphan's huge arena is a big big help.

Moby

Dick
The game gets fecking mental after you beat Rom.
In terms of bosses I felt it got easier especially as your hunter is rather decent at that point. The likes of One Reborn, Micolash and Wet Nurse are pretty easy. Yahargul overall is a tricky area but I think venturing early into old yharnam and also forbidden woods was scariest.

Love the moon changes though. In my second play through I did old yharnam during the night phase and then cleric beast during night as well. Incredible ambience.

Gehrman

What level were you at? :lol:

Orphan is easier than Laurence for me even though after a point in the second phase you just sit and pray but Laurence can just combo the feck out of you with nowhere to go. You absolutely have to perfectly time the dodges. Orphan's huge arena is a big big help.
Don't remember to be fair. True koz arena helps and getting the hang of his movement. Laurence I feel can one shot in small arena with a huge boss. Hmm now I feel like going back to this game.

Donut

Hopefully BB2 will be the next From game… It would surely sell huge amounts.

Gehrman

Hopefully BB2 will be the next From game… It would surely sell huge amounts.
Just think they will do a remaster and milk that. Would love it but I'm not sure I see it happening.

Moby

Dick
Nah. They’ll milk Elden Ring and do another one as soon as possible.
Yeah Elden Ring seems to be their most accessible game so far with the open world and kiddie ways to play through. It will sell like crazy and they will likely move to this kind of easier bigger gameworlds that sell a lot more rather than a Sekiro or BB which appeals to a more serious crowd.

Woodzy

Ah I didn’t mean it gets mental in terms of difficulty, just literally batshit crazy with the enemies and bosses. Difficulty wise it’s okay, and some very easy bosses like One Reborn, Micolash and Celestial Emissary.

I’m now experiencing the DLC for the first ever time, just got to Ludwig and have to say really enjoy the area. Fighting the hunters is great fun.

Gehrman

Yeah Elden Ring seems to be their most accessible game so far with the open world and kiddie ways to play through. It will sell like crazy and they will likely move to this kind of easier bigger gameworlds that sell a lot more rather than a Sekiro or BB which appeals to a more serious crowd.
Elden ring is pretty hard. I'd say its more difficult than a few of their games. At least for the casual player

Massive Spanner

Elden ring is pretty hard. I'd say its more difficult than a few of their games. At least for the casual player
Elden Ring is nowhere near as consistently difficult as BB or Sekiro. Some tough bosses yeah but 90% of it is perfectly fine.

Gehrman

Elden Ring is nowhere near as consistently difficult as BB or Sekiro. Some tough bosses yeah but 90% of it is perfectly fine.
I'd say it's harder than the dark souls games in general apart from the dungeon design in ds games.

caid

I thought bloodborne was very easy. Your 2nd sentence describes it pretty well i'd say. Beat 90% of the base game bosses on first or second attempt. Gehrman took 4 or 5 and Gascoigne took 3 or 4. Kos might have taken more than 2.
I find it hard to lock down the difficulty of Elden Ring. Its kind of as easy or hard as you want to make it. Its hard to compare it to their other games because you just end up making generic complaints about any open world vs linear game basically.
Sekiro and Dark Souls are generally more difficult but i'd still have bloodborne as their easiest game.
And really the first of these games you play is always drastically more difficult than the later ones. Knowing theres going to be enemies hiding behind every corner ready to push you off a cliff is half the battle.

Woodzy

I would say Elden Ring was mostly easy aside from early bosses, which I would say were the most difficult in any FromSoft game.

Bloodborne gets easy towards the end, but at the start not only the bosses but the levels were brutal.

Sweet Square

Don’t want to start a whole debate but from the little I’ve played of Elden Ring, a lot of the difficulty is down to stun locking and the ways bosses cheat with their animations. It’s surprisingly shite at times(Although overall I’m enjoying the game)

Massive Spanner

I would say Elden Ring was mostly easy aside from early bosses, which I would say were the most difficult in any FromSoft game.

Bloodborne gets easy towards the end, but at the start not only the bosses but the levels were brutal.
That’s accurate, with Sekiro having probably the 2 or 3 toughest main story bosses of the lot but not being too bad in between. It’s probably the fairest though. Less trickery.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Don’t want to start a whole debate but from the little I’ve played of Elden Ring, a lot of the difficulty is down to stun locking and the ways bosses cheat with their animations. It’s surprisingly shite at times(Although overall I’m enjoying the game)
Yup, it's fake difficulty much like DS2 was at times.

ER is definitely the easiest of the From games with some tough bosses scattered around. Not that it was ever not going to be, in opening it up to open world concessions had to be made and it was always going to be a lot harder to balance. On that front they did a great job all being all.

Gehrman

I played my first playthrough without guides and summon ashes. I found a lot of late and end game bosses brutal in elden ring. Fire giant, Malice and the final bosses are really hard. Optional ones like Malenia. Draconic tree sentinel was a major obstacle for me there. Twin gargoyles as well.

SuperiorXI

I played my first playthrough without guides and summon ashes. I found a lot of late and end game bosses brutal in elden ring. Fire giant, Malice and the final bosses are really hard. Optional ones like Malenia. Draconic tree sentinel was a major obstacle for me there. Twin gargoyles as well.
Some of the fights seem to be designed for spirit ashes, so I used them. Usually try not to summon in FS games but ER has too many BS one hit kill bosses...

Last edited:

Woodzy

Just beat Lady Maria. Excellent boss fight. This DLC is fantastic. It was refreshing to have Lady Maria not turn into some big feck off monster half way through tbh.

Wasn’t a huge fan of Ludwig though, and summoned for the first time this play through because I couldn’t really be arsed for it.

Sweet Square

Yup, it's fake difficulty much like DS2 was at times.

ER is definitely the easiest of the From games with some tough bosses scattered around. Not that it was ever not going to be, in opening it up to open world concessions had to be made and it was always going to be a lot harder to balance. On that front they did a great job all being all.
I’m pretty sure someone posted in here that a crazy amount of people didn’t get over the first section of bloodborne(Which I was like that for a good amount of time as well). The fact ER is so popular with people is a massive credit to design/balance.

Woodzy

Absolutely.

I remember screaming in joy after doing that the first time. :lol:

Did you also beat Laurence?
The last DLC boss I have left to do. I had one go at him before the game and he destroyed me, seems like a damage sponge. Much prefer Kos and Maria type bosses to these big feckers.

Moby

Dick
The last DLC boss I have left to do. I had one go at him before the game and he destroyed me, seems like a damage sponge. Much prefer Kos and Maria type bosses to these big feckers.
He's big and does a lot of damage but the biggest mindfeck is that arena which has fecking nowhere to go. You just have to dodge through.

Well done! I'm the opposite to you, much prefer the big beasts.
Usually yes and I took care of Ludwig etc with ease but Laurence is something else.