Boards of Canada

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Love 'em. Always have.

Haven't heard the new album yet, though. For those who have: what's it like?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What type of music do they make? Who are they similar to?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I really like "Music is Math" by them, but have never really given them too much time by listening to whole albums. Are they really worth it?

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
What type of music do they make? Who are they similar to?
It's electronic music. Quite atmospheric.

Their music's not a million miles removed from Aphex Twin's early stuff.

I really like "Music is Math" by them, but have never really given them too much time by listening to whole albums. Are they really worth it?

Absolutely! Geogaddi & Music Has the Right to Children are classics.

Cornell

Love 'em. Always have.

Haven't heard the new album yet, though. For those who have: what's it like?
It's very good though there is probably less of a focus on melody and more on texture and atmosphere. That being said there are some fantastic melody driven tracks on here just less in number than their previous albums. I'm quite fond of the more droney tracks on here though. The intro to Reach for the Dead for example is sublime. Ditto Sick Times. I'd given the album an 8/10. Not quite Geogaddi or MHTRTC but at least on par with The Campfire Headphase.

I've never given a bigger YES in my life. You've not heard anything yet.

Drainy

Its a fairly sparse record in terms of sound, tbh. Very listenable and addictive but lacking a little bit of punch and catchiness of MHTRTC and Geogaddi.. except Palace Posy (which I find absolutely amazing) and maybe New Seeds. Reach for the Dead is a great track too.

7/10, I'd say

Brophs

The One and Only
They sound shit. Not because of their name, or the type of music they make, but because De Selby likes them and he's a multi-storey car park masturbator.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I found the newest album really boring. I've never been crazy about them but usually enjoyed them when I hear them. The new album just seemed to plod along with nothing much really grabbing me.

Bored of Canada.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
They sound shit. Not because of their name, or the type of music they make, but because De Selby likes them and he's a multi-storey car park masturbator.

That's mature, Brophs.

Reeeal mature.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Love, Boards Of Canada - they're sort of like what you'd get if you mixed Aphex Twin and Wisp. Didn't know they had a new album out. 'Everything You Do is a Balloon' is great...was hooked ever since being shown that.