Television Boardwalk Empire

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Anyone watching out for this? It's scheduled to premiere on September 19.

Scorsese has been involved in the production of the series' first season, and the subject matter focuses on gangsters in Atlantic City during the beginning of Prohibition. It has great promise.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sounds interesting, is it being shown in the UK on Sept. 19 or is that the US date?

GDH

Looking forward to this. Buscemi starring got my attention, Scorsese directing the pilot and I'm sold.

Alex

Tony B and Butchie aged well considering they look the same age in 2007 as they did about 90 years before

Alex

Really enjoyed, I think Steve Buscemi is an excellent actor, the lad has moxy :)

Bear Attack

HBO - Check
Scorcese - Check
Gangsters - Check

This is going to be fecking epic.

Donut

It was fantastic :) The Jimmy actor is Brad Pitt's brother, reminds me of Di Caprio for some reason.

RedLars

Hells yeah, I'm gonna watch this. When the season is over, anyways. I like to binge on a good show, watch a season in a day or two. How many episodes have they scheduled for the first season?

Bear Attack

Yeah, I was going to do that but I told myself I would probably commit suicide if I didn't have some good shows to watch now that Entourage is over (Until next summer) and I'm finishing True Blood.

Leg-End

Prohibition Era gangsters in and around Atlantic City, I think. Haven't watched it yet, though.
That's exactly what it is, created and written by Terence Winter one of the main writers of The Sopranos.

I loved the first episode.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Everytime I see that HBO thing.

Just watched the first episode. The links between this and the soprano's style wise is quite prevalent which by no means is a bad thing :D.

I wonder if we'll see any links between these guys and the DiMeo crime family.

Moz

Can't wait to see this show. I'm going to watch it later tonight. Hope it's as good as people are saying it is.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
All three episodes have been class IMO.

The show's also been renewed for a second season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I watched the first episode last night, really enjoyed it. Stephen Graham still manages to make Al Capone sound slightly scouse though.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
I watched the first episode last night, really enjoyed it. Stephen Graham still manages to make Al Capone sound slightly scouse though.
Yup, his accent wavers

As for the rest of the show, it's okay, it isn't must see tv yet

mariachi-19

Am I the only one that doesn't think much of nuckies missus? Rocking bod, but face like a smacked arse. Mrs Thompson is miles better.

I reckon Nuckies brother is going feck up badly at some point. No idea whats going to happen to Jim, his story has changed a little. I'd say he'll be back at some point.

Two things they really ought to tie in more is the New York mob and old mate with the clap, and the old bootlegger that went to prison after getting caught. They seem to just randomly put these scenes in with no real tie to the main story.

Leg-End

It's hard not to watch this and not just mentally announce the names of all The Sopranos characters, its like "oh theres Butch, oh theres Benny and that Italian speaking crackhead". Loving it so far though, Buscemi is doing a great job and heading for an emmy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Didn't like the latest ep that much. For some reason it feels like something is missing so far. I'm enjoying it of course but despite the violence, nudity, great scenes and acting, something doesn't feel right atm.

mariachi-19

Didn't like the latest ep that much. For some reason it feels like something is missing so far. I'm enjoying it of course but despite the violence, nudity, great scenes and acting, something doesn't feel right atm.
For me, it doesn't have the Doctor Melfi type character and her role in the story. I think most people who watch this have watched the Sopranos and we already have a predisposed opinion on how it should be set out as they really are similar, but its not.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Really liked the latest episode. I also like that masked sniper guy Jimmy became pals with. He's creepy in a cool way.