Bolton v Manchester United

Dev

Mullen goes close. He looks lively on the right wing

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
0-0 at HT in the Bolton v United reserve match.
United have been much the better team. Jamie Mullan has caused havoc on the right wing, and Chris Eagles has been creative playing behind Dong up front. Dong should have been awarded a penalty after a challenge in the area. When he did not get it, it sounded like he shouted "F c u king Hell!" :lol:

Tribec

Anyone got the final score and match report for this game. I didn't watch or get to the game tonight and need to know the score. I caught glimpses of the game and know it was a very inexperienced side, but I was hoping we'd beat the Yonners

Balboa

i have watched the second half and the match dissapointedly finished 0-0, United dominated the game and Dong missed a goloriouse chance with a free header where he headed straight to the Bolton keeper.
a littel while later Kieran Lee released Eagels down the wing and he put on a great low cross which was inviting and just needed a tap in but Micheal Burns screwed the chance as he was under pressure from the Bolton defence.

M160RA

BalBoA said:
i have watched the second half and the match dissapointedly finished 0-0, United dominated the game and Dong missed a goloriouse chance with a free header where he headed straight to the Bolton keeper.
a littel while later Kieran Lee released Eagels down the wing and he put on a great low cross which was inviting and just needed a tap in but Micheal Burns screwed the chance as he was under pressure from the Bolton defence.
Aaron Burns or Michael Barnes?

julesee

Bit of an uninspiring game. Mullen does indeed look lively these days. Michael Barnes was quiet - he's one of my favourite players in that team - but hes coming back from injury by looks of things. Dong did ok, same for Kieran Lee

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
United somehow failed to beat Bolton Wanderers after a host of chances went begging at the County Ground.

Brian McClair and Jim Ryan will take great solace, however, from their side's performance, a display which was more than befitting of all three points.

Jamie Mullan, Chris Eagles, Kieran Lee and Dong Fangzhuo all came close to giving United the lead, but were all denied by Trotters goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi.

David Thompson had the hosts' best efforts, regularly trying his luck from long range but without success in what was an absorbing, exciting encounter.

A false tone was set when, within five seconds of the kick off, Trotters captain Jaroslaw Fojut booted the ball out of the stadium. It wasn't long, however, before the flowing football started.

Mullan and Eagles were the stars for United in the opening half. Mullan's baffling escapology proved too much for the home defence time and again, and his 10th minute shot was inches wide of the far post.

The Nottingham-born winger was involved again eight minutes before the interval when his cross was flicked wide by the onrushing Lee, with Dong better placed for a simple tap-in.

That miss sparked a flurry of United chances. Dong was denied a strong shout for a penalty, Al Habsi made a fine double save from Eagles and Lee, Michael Lea had a long-range effort parried and Mullan had another shot deflected wide.

Incredibly, the hosts could have gone into the interval ahead, after Fojut headed woefully wide from a left-wing corner.

The second half brought fewer clear-cut chances, but it was again United - with Hewson and Lee particularly impressive in the centre of midfield - who enjoyed the better of the play.

Dong flicked an Eagles cross straight at Al Habi, before substitute Aaron Burns almost scored with his first touch 18 minutes from time, but he could only slide Eagles' cross against the onrushing Oman stopper.

Shortly afterwards Dong again came close, with the ball cannoning wide off the Chinese striker following another fine Eagles corner.

It was the final close call in an engaging, but ultimately frustrating encounter.

United: Crockett, Eckersley, Cleverley, Lea, Chester, Lee, Mullan, Hewson, Barnes (Burns, 72), Eagles, Dong.
Subs: Ngalula, Amos, Drinkwater.

From manutd.com

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=403807

Epic

Eagles was superb playing in the hole behind Dong

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
yes,I thought so ,too.
I wonder how long he'll stay in the Reserves? How old is he now?

Eckersley, Cleverley, Lea, Chester had a good game too.
Apparantly Lea was the one with the most experience in the back four ,having two starts. :eek: The other three were on their debuts.:D

Well Done Lads.

Epic

Eagles is 19 I think. Hope he can make in the near future and won't end up being sold.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
so kieran lee was played as a CM? impressive veratility indeed. just read the feature on him in the united mag. seems quite proud of the fact he can play a bit here and there. good lad

julesee

cant really see eagles making it at man utd - hasnt shown much when playing for the firsts and faded badly at Watford