Books And Movies That Scared You As A Child

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Both of Burton's Batman films, specifically Nicholson's Joker. Scared the crap out of me...

This scene in particular...

Kazi

Not a movie but this specific episode of Pingu scared the shit out of me.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
The Poltergeist. I don't remember which one in the series, but that shit was scary. I also later learnt what happened to the actors in the movie. Creepy stuff. I also watched some end of the world documentary called Armageddon which scared the shit out of me in 1999. This was when everyone was talking about the anti-Christ and NWO at the end if the millenium

Dante

Average bang

This scene used to absolutely terrify me. I'm still getting the shakes watching it now.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft

This scene used to absolutely terrify me. I'm still getting the shakes watching it now.
Looks like Nikki Sixx when it comes out.

There was this old Irish DVD, with a cover of a guy with a red hat driving a tractor or something but he was cartoonishly disproportionate, and it terrified me so bad my aunt had to hide it. I can't remember why it scared me.

Silva

I was fearless as a child. I used to sit about a foot away from the TV and watch horror movies with a gleeful look in my eyes. I've grown into a bit of a wimp though, I watched The Shining a few years ago and couldn't sleep because of it.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I once begged my older sisters to let me watch The X-Files with them; they said it would freak me out and I scoffed that I wasn't a weak girl like them, I was a BOY. Was the scariest damn experience of my childhood, but after making such a big fuss about it I had to watch it looking all tough and unaffected. Was insanely scared of the dark for months after that.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Goosebumps. Was scared shitless of the that show.

Baxter

I've never seen the Shining. Is it as bad as it's made out?

I never really was that bothered by stuff when I was younger but I've always had a problem with spiders, especially when I was younger, and I was 7 or 8 when Eight Legged Freaks came out and my dad had that on the TV and had to turn it off. :lol:

I might download it and watch it over the weekend now.

JohnDoe

I've never seen the Shining. Is it as bad as it's made out?

I never really was that bothered by stuff when I was younger but I've always had a problem with spiders, especially when I was younger, and I was 7 or 8 when Eight Legged Freaks came out and my dad had that on the TV and had to turn it off. :lol:

I might download it and watch it over the weekend now.
The Shining and The Silence of the Lambs were the films that my parents were adamant I wasn't allowed to watch when I was young (late 90's). The Shining holds up very well (not that Silence doesn't), but if you're expecting it to be the "scariest film ever made" or something like that you'd probably end up disappointed. We're a lot more inured to that kind of stuff nowadays, but as a psychological thriller (which is what it is) it's very good.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Psycho
. Ahead of its time, in some ways.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I used to cry any time the TV show Dinosaurs was on. As I grew older I faced my fears and later realised how awesome baby Sinclair was

PeteReDevil

iPete

edit: just remembered a kid in kindergarten that was terrified - I mean I think I've never seen anyone that scared ever since, by an escaped gorilla in a Donald Duck short cartoon. He would hide under the table just in case we're watching that one and if it was he would scream his lungs out and cry for half an hour.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I see Freddy Krueger has been mentioned already, so here's another one from my nightmares as a kid.

He's behind Freddy because
I had asthma as a kid and we find out Pennywise was vulnerable to asthma inhalers. Score one for me and Paul Scholes. :cool:

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Not a book (adapted from one) or a movie but this "Children's" TV series Moondial used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid. Judging by some of the Youtube comments others feel the same. Was way too Gothic and mysterious for my poor young mind at the time, especially the music.

The Opened ark scene in Raiders Of The Lost Ark used to scare the crap out of me too when I was younger.