Gaming Borderlands 3

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Step aside Destiny, Division and Anthem. The proper looter shooter is back. I just hope they don't fecking copy those three games now...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm the only one left in my group of friends who doesn't think being in your 30s means you're too old to play video games, so I have no one to couch coop with. I'd play online coop, but online gaming can kiss my big white arse.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm the only one left in my group of friends who doesn't think being in your 30s means you're too old to play video games, so I have no one to couch coop with. I'd play online coop, but online gaming can kiss my big white arse.
I only play Borderlands with my brother or my mrs. If I want to hear kids screaming racist and sexist abuse I'll take a walk to my local park, I don't need it over XBox Live.

Runner

This is almost 100% going to be an Epic store exclusive. I can't support that so i'll have to wait.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Trailer...

Can't wait. A looter shooter that is funny, has awesome classes and isn't up its own arse with the narrative.

Borderlands 1 is getting a re-release too...

And The Handsome Collection is a getting a free Ultra-HD update for PS4 Pro, Xbone and PC.

paulscholes18

Trailer...

Can't wait. A looter shooter that is funny, has awesome classes and isn't up its own arse with the narrative.

Borderlands 1 is getting a re-release too...

And The Handsome Collection is a getting a free Ultra-HD update for PS4 Pro, Xbone and PC.
Did it say what the price of the remastered would be?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is out next Friday. Looking forward to it :D

Recently played back through the second one on the Handsome Collection which was good fun. Didn't really like the spacey prequel game though.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah same, these games are good. The space one was shit because you needed oxygen and couldn't stay outside as long as you wanted. A ridiculous thing to add to any game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah same, these games are good. The space one was shit because you needed oxygen and couldn't stay outside as long as you wanted. A ridiculous thing to add to any game.
Yeah and the movement was so sluggish. Having to bounce around was not fun.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Will wait for reviews before buying this one. Hopefully it stays similar to 1 & 2 rather than the space stuff, or the newer types of this.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Replaying the original borderlands on PS4. It looks great!

Love the first two games. The presequel was fecking shite.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Just hope my pc can still run this. Previous two ran better than other games so I hope it's the same here.

Bojan11

85 on metacritic so far. Higher than 1 but lower than 2.

The PCgamer review is a bit worrying they gave it 63/100.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
85 on metacritic so far. Higher than 1 but lower than 2.

The PCgamer review is a bit worrying they gave it 63/100.
Main gripe tends to be about the humour in that review and seems to me the reviewer has never liked the Borderlands games. It basically sounds like more of the same with new guns and characters which I’m happy with.

Castia

85 is more than good enough for a Borderlands game

Will pick this up in a few weeks once I’m done with classic WoW

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The pc gamer review is tarnished by what seems like some unfortunate technical problems. Problems which are not being reported by other reviewers.

I get that technical issues are frustrating, but it can also be a bit like an Amazon review where they say

Liked the product well enough but it was delivered a day late so one star.

I think they should give two scores, one which ignores technical issues and one which reflects the tech issues if they turn out to be common.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wondering what character to play as in this. I pretty much always play as a stealthy sniper kind of character in all games but might switch it up.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Excited. Also I can't understand the hate Pre-Sequel is getting here, it's no 2 but it's a fine game as far as I'm concerned.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Wondering what character to play as in this. I pretty much always play as a stealthy sniper kind of character in all games but might switch it up.
Yeah same and now that I think about, I don't think you could actually be stealthy in Borderlands and pick off your enemies one by one without alerting a whole bunch iirc.

Which I always thought was a shame, so I hope you can do it in this one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah same and now that I think about, I don't think you could actually be stealthy in Borderlands and pick off your enemies one by one without alerting a whole bunch iirc.

Which I always thought was a shame, so I hope you can do it in this one.
Yeah if you sniped anyone it alerted everyone in the area but at least I guess you could pick them off before they reached you. I played as Zer0 in both of my playthroughs of the second.

Ainu

The pc gamer review is tarnished by what seems like some unfortunate technical problems. Problems which are not being reported by other reviewers.

I get that technical issues are frustrating, but it can also be a bit like an Amazon review where they say

Liked the product well enough but it was delivered a day late so one star.

I think they should give two scores, one which ignores technical issues and one which reflects the tech issues if they turn out to be common.
Completely disagree, technical issues, such as quests that get stuck (as mentioned in that particular review) are very much part of the product and should not be omitted from a review. It's not comparable to your Amazon delivery example at all. Anyway, there's only minor stuff about technical issues in that review, the main gripes seemed to be with poor writing, quest design, repititon and lacking endgame.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm the opposite so at the moment the soldier chick with the mech looks like my cup of tea.

Also intrigued by this robot character with the pet that you can spec up.

Yes I've pre-ordered it. Love me some Borderlands.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm the opposite so at the moment the soldier chick with the mech looks like my cup of tea.

Also intrigued by this robot character with the pet that you can spec up.

Yes I've pre-ordered it. Love me some Borderlands.
Yep mine is set to download as soon as it's out and I'm working from home that day :D