Both Hibs and Hearts relegated

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
If Butcher doesn't get sacked, it's ridiculous. They were sitting comfortably under Fenlon and could have got top 6. Since he's taken over it's something like 1 win in 18, excluding the Playoffs. They have absolutely no game plan under him at all.

Ludens the Red

Yea Butcher has to go, talk about your career nose diving after all he did at Inverness.

How they managed to feck this playoff up is beyond me. It's like they deliberately got relegated in order to ensure they face Hearts next season.

Rednotdead

Hibs, Hearts and Rangers in the Championship next season. And only two can possibly go up (one automatically, one via playoffs). Changed times in Scottish football, it's entirely possible that crowds in the Championship could be bigger than in the SPL.

It makes Dunfermline's failure to win the playoff promotion place from Div 1 even more disappointing for me.

Acole9

Outstanding
Terry Butcher should've stayed at Inverness he was doing a good job there.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The butcher appointment has been an utter failure. Shocked they went down after looking comfortable when he took over.

Castia

The Championship will be a better league than the Scottish Prem next year with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs down there.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Butcher needs 6 years to implement his vision. Modern football fans pfft!

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
First time ever that neither Edinburgh side is in the top flight....that's about 115 league campaigns.

Celtic to win their first 4-in-a-row (next year) since the 9-in-a-row finished in 1974.

If Rangers win Division1 next year, they will join Dumbarton as the only side to win all four Scottish divisions. Four other sides have won three levels: Livingston, Gretna, Ross County and Queen's Park.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The Championship will be a better league than the Scottish Prem next year with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs down there.
Probably, although Hearts and Hibs may need a bit of time to rebuild. Cups apart, the SPL was tedious this year.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
First time ever that neither Edinburgh side is in the top flight....that's about 115 league campaigns.

Celtic to win their first 4-in-a-row (next year) since the 9-in-a-row finished in 1974.

If Rangers win Division1 next year, they will join Dumbarton as the only side to win all four Scottish divisions. Four other sides have won three levels: Livingston, Gretna, Ross County and Queen's Park.
But you'd be shocked if Celtic didn't go on to win every title in the foreseeable future.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
But you'd be shocked if Celtic didn't go on to win every title in the foreseeable future.
Aye. It's currently 54-45 Rangers.

Next year would be 4-in-a-row for Celtic. Rangers will probably be back in the SPL in 15/16, but Celtic may get 2/3 more wins. That would leave them only 5 behind, which would be the closest they'll have been since 1990.

Celtic have not lead the Roll of Honour since 1928. Before that, they lead for 30 of the 38 seasons since the inaugural season in 1890/91.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
In only one season, 1891/92, did the rest of the Scottish clubs lead the Old Firm. Dumbarton won their second title and were 2-1 ahead of Rangers.

After that, the Old Firm was level with the rest for only three seasons - 1892/93, 1894/95 & 1896/97.

Celtic have lead the rest of the clubs since 1907. They drew level with the rest + Rangers twice - 1916/17 & 1918/19.
Rangers have lead the rest since 1912. They also drew level with the rest + Celtic twice - 1949/50 & 1963/64.

The longest Celtic went without a title was 11 years. Rangers 10.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Just goes to show how shite Scottish football is. These 2 are supposed to be the competition. No wonder an average Celtic side can walk it

Moriarty

Poor old Hearts. A lifelong friend of mine is a Hearts fan and he's utterly devastated about what's happened to his club. Wasn't that long ago that the Scottish 1st Division was a damned good league that produced some excellent players. It's sad to see how it has gone downhill.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Aye. It's currently 54-45 Rangers.

Next year would be 4-in-a-row for Celtic. Rangers will probably be back in the SPL in 15/16, but Celtic may get 2/3 more wins. That would leave them only 5 behind, which would be the closest they'll have been since 1990.

Celtic have not lead the Roll of Honour since 1928. Before that, they lead for 30 of the 38 seasons since the inaugural season in 1890/91.
But surely if Rangers win it it will be about 48-1 to Celtic since its a new club? Confused.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
At least the league shake up is looking like it will end up being beneficial. Granted, Hearts were dealt a blow with their points deduction but it's great for the Scottish Championship to have a big Edinburgh derby on show, plus the teams have the benefit of playing at these big stadiums.

204Red

wow... what the hell happened to Scottish football. Remember when they used to produce world class players Dennis Law, Kenny Dalglish, Gordon Strachan, Billy Bremner ect ect... I couldn't even tell you the last time a Scottish player would have been a good signing for a top club

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The First Division's going to be good next year.

Keep banging that lone drum.
Lone drum Gio? Think you'll find most Scottish football fans feel the same apart from Rangers ones. ;)

JmRssll555

Lone drum Gio? Think you'll find most Scottish football fans feel the same apart from Rangers ones. ;)
Absolutely.

I don't support either of the Old Firm, but Rangers were a newly registered club with the SFL and therefore the history and records ended when the previous club lost it's league status. If MK Dons got promoted to the Premier League, you wouldn't be saying, "Oh it's great to have Wimbledon back." It's a different club.

The Championship should be good next season though. Quite a number of my mates follow Falkirk and they're buzzing about away days to Easter Road, Tynecastle and Ibrox.

mufcwarm92

Absolutely.

I don't support either of the Old Firm, but Rangers were a newly registered club with the SFL and therefore the history and records ended when the previous club lost it's league status. If MK Dons got promoted to the Premier League, you wouldn't be saying, "Oh it's great to have Wimbledon back." It's a different club.

The Championship should be good next season though. Quite a number of my mates follow Falkirk and they're buzzing about away days to Easter Road, Tynecastle and Ibrox.
MK Dons gave the FA Cup that they won before the move to AFC Wimbledon. MK may have grown out of Wimbledon but there's no debate over which is the proper club.

In this situation it's ridiculous to suggest Rangers should start from scratch, as it's clearly the same club.

On topic though it seems crazy that there's no capital club in the Scottish Prem. I still have hope that at some stage we will see some Scottish clubs in the English league system as the Welsh teams add new spice to it and the Scottish league has long since defended into a farce.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's a joke of a league these days. The champions should be in the first first preliminary round of the Champions league.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
At least the league shake up is looking like it will end up being beneficial. Granted, Hearts were dealt a blow with their points deduction but it's great for the Scottish Championship to have a big Edinburgh derby on show, plus the teams have the benefit of playing at these big stadiums.
It will be a godsend for some clubs, both the Edinburgh clubs and Rangers. The TV money, as the games being shown on TV will help as well. The Scottish PL will be of no concequence until those clubs, especially Rangers are back.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Funny I never hear the same about Hibs and their titles, despite doing exactly the same as Rangers in the early 1990s. Funny that, you'd think fans in Scottish football had an agenda. :)

It's a joke of a league these days. The champions should be in the first first preliminary round of the Champions league.
Not a good way to spread the Champions League wealth and try to reverse the searing inequalities that make it impossible for the likes of Celtic and Rangers to compete anymore.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who is the closest to challenge Celtic?