Boubacar Kamara | Signs for Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapata

I really hope we sign him he’s just what we need at the moment

captaincantona

Who is watching the flight tracker, as is custom?
I’m taking it to the next level...I have a French private investigator, native of Marseille...outside Howard Nurses house in a “flower truck” eavesdropping on all his landline calls...we all know that’s where the news will break first.

Hughie77

He's 22 and he's very good, he's better than Kanté at 22 and many other successful PL players. I can see him going far.

Ligue 1 is probably the most successful feeder league to the Premier League in history. Kanté, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, Lloris, Azpilicueta, Thiago Silva, E. Mendy, Tielemans off the top of my head in the league right now who didn't struggle to take a "massive step" up.
It's poor league in terms of the Premier league, Varane who's played most of his football in Spain has just said the league is tougher. Now he can well be the Answer and hope he is. But those you've mentioned are a small amount of players In a pretty big league, it's still a gamble maybe not as much if he comes for a decent fee.

Hughie77

He's 22 and he's very good, he's better than Kanté at 22 and many other successful PL players. I can see him going far.

Ligue 1 is probably the most successful feeder league to the Premier League in history. Kanté, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, Lloris, Azpilicueta, Thiago Silva, E. Mendy, Tielemans off the top of my head in the league right now who didn't struggle to take a "massive step" up.
Tielemams I think went to The foxes from Anderlecht, Belgium league off the top of my head.

Mainoldo

It's poor league in terms of the Premier league, Varane who's played most of his football in Spain has just said the league is tougher. Now he can well be the Answer and hope he is. But those you've mentioned are a small amount of players In a pretty big league, it's still a gamble maybe not as much if he comes for a decent fee.
You are making no sense. I mean what is the probability that every transfer from another league works?!

Ligue 1 is the closest league in physicality that you will get to the Prem in Europe.

Houdini

Add Hazard to that list too. I remember how a lot of United fans said he is not good enough for EPL beacause Ligue 1 is weak.

AneRu

What if the new manager does not want him?
We do not want to go down the VDB path again do we!
What if the new manager doesn't want Maguire or Rashford, do we give away £200m assets on his say so? It's only at United that a manager is given the carte Blanche to far reaching decisions before even stepping a foot in the club let alone deliver meaningful success. Managers throughout the football world work with what they have and then earn the right to decide on who they want or do not want.

Right now our objective should be to keep our CL place so that we rebuild from a position of strength, we won't do that with what is effectively a makeshift midfield compounded by an off form forward line. We don't have the quality nor the numbers to compete on multiple fronts. The fabled new manager will still need numbers, no?

crossy1686

career ending
Cheers not a bad club, poor league though. Premier league is a massive step if we are in for him
The French league is physical if nothing else. They kick the shit out of each other, Messi got that shock when he thought he was going to be able to stroll around the place like the MLS.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Who was that fella who Leeds signed from Ligue 1? And then we signed him from Leeds.

OmarUnited4ever

Add Hazard to that list too. I remember how a lot of United fans said he is not good enough for EPL because Ligue 1 is weak.
plenty of League 1 players succeeded in the PL, adding to the names mentioned there is Drogba, Essien & Malouda as well, there is also Pires & Wiltord.

as for us, we got Evra from Monaco, but aside from Evra, I can't remember anyone we got from the French league that was a success like Evra, we had the likes of Billion, Djemba-Djemba & Obertan who were very underwhelming, have we ever signed a top talent from France in the past 10 years? (someone like Hazard, Essien, Fabinho, B.Silva, etc..)

Tibs

Are we going to get him - or let another opportunity to sign a DM pass?

JuriM

Are we going to get him - or let another opportunity to sign a DM pass?
There's zero detail from the club that we have ever been in about him - believing any random transfer gossip atm is very far-fetched.

Bondi77

What if the new manager doesn't want Maguire or Rashford, do we give away £200m assets on his say so? It's only at United that a manager is given the carte Blanche to far reaching decisions before even stepping a foot in the club let alone deliver meaningful success. Managers throughout the football world work with what they have and then earn the right to decide on who they want or do not want.

Right now our objective should be to keep our CL place so that we rebuild from a position of strength, we won't do that with what is effectively a makeshift midfield compounded by an off form forward line. We don't have the quality nor the numbers to compete on multiple fronts. The fabled new manager will still need numbers, no?
Maguire and Rashford are already at the club and are already under contract in case you have not noticed and the squad is already too big which is what Ralf has stated on more than one occasion.
Ralf, if I am not mistaken is going to go with the existing bunch for the rest of the season and try and implement his training and mentality into the group as he thinks that is the best way to go.
There is absolutely no point in bringing in more “numbers” and wait for them to acclimatise to the Premier League in the remaining four months of the season.
I am sure whoever the new manager will be then that will be known to the club and to the individual by about April I reckon and the targets that are required would be addressed then.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
You are making no sense. I mean what is the probability that every transfer from another league works?!

Ligue 1 is the closest league in physicality that you will get to the Prem in Europe.
This. France is a good league to buy from. It’s tactically physical and the players they bring through are generally on the physical side (as well having good technique). Kamara has also been playing for Sampaoli (sp) for a while now so should be fit. He might take time to settle but the French league is not especially risky at all.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
plenty of League 1 players succeeded in the PL, adding to the names mentioned there is Drogba, Essien & Malouda as well, there is also Pires & Wiltord.

as for us, we got Evra from Monaco, but aside from Evra, I can't remember anyone we got from the French league that was a success like Evra, we had the likes of Billion, Djemba-Djemba & Obertan who were very underwhelming, have we ever signed a top talent from France in the past 10 years? (someone like Hazard, Essien, Fabinho, B.Silva, etc..)
Cavani. Martial even has his own fan club within the Club.

Michel Cariéc sounds french.

Last edited:

OmarUnited4ever

Cavani. Martial even has his own fan club within the Club.

Michel Cariéc sounds french.
Cavani, Ibrahimovic and even Thiago Silva were established stars before joining PSG, so we can't consider them a product of French league 1.

As for Martial, it's a fair shout, though we got him at 18, he played around 40+ league games for Monaco in 2 full seasons before we signed him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Most comments about him from people that have watched him play say he's not all that or would hardly improve us. I really don't want us to stack up on midfielders that are just good squad players at best. We've got Mctominay Fred and Garner already, if Kamara is another one then just wait till the summer and go for the top ones like Rice or Tchouameni

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Most comments about him from people that have watched him play say he's not all that or would hardly improve us. I really don't want us to stack up on midfielders that are just good squad players at best. We've got Mctominay Fred and Garner already, if Kamara is another one then just wait till the summer and go for the top ones like Rice or Tchouameni
Have to say this is nonsense. I'm not saying he's going to be the answer to our midfield, but at 22, probably less than £10m, a profile of player we don't have, why would you not want him as an option? He is Rice-lite in style and the two players you've mentioned, he'll cost an 8th of the price.

AneRu

Have to say this is nonsense. I'm not saying he's going to be the answer to our midfield, but at 22, probably less than £10m, a profile of player we don't have, why would you not want him as an option? He is Rice-lite in style and the two players you've mentioned, he'll cost an 8th of the price.
I think people easily lose focus and don't appreciate the fact that you don't need to have eleven 'world class' players to have an effective team. If he comes in at £10m plus say £100k/wk and isn't a great success but can provide stability and fight in midfield he would be a good signing.

What we need more right now is to avoid the midfield collapse we had at Villa as we have enough goals within the side to secure 4th but we suck at basics in midfield. Fred and Scot play with heart but they lack the positioning and tactical nous to do what a younger Matic could do. The investment needed is small unless if the player is demanding outrageous wages and bonuses.

Ekeke

He isnt just another one of those. He's more like Fabinho an actual DM than those players.

Will hold a good defensive position rather than charge out of position towards the ball like Fred, but defends better than McTominay who also will try to hold position a lot of the time. Should use the ball better with his passing better than Mctominay too. And not as good in attack as McTom

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A big lad who can both defend and pass? :drool:

Crick

We won't spend £100m on Rice and Tchouaméni will probably go to Real. We can't continue to be brand name fc. It hasnt worked for the last 5 years so why would it start now. We have hundreds of scouts. What are they being paid for? It's time to move in a different direction and create a team that's more than the sum of it's parts. I'd rather give Kamara a chance if he comes. A round peg in a round hole. We need a DM to get top 4. He's a decent DM with a lot of potential for a low price. What's the problem? If he does work we should get our money back as he's cheap. His fee is supposed to be €10m. That's £8.3m. He's listed at £22.5m on Transfermarkt. If the salary is low, we should get that back in the summer or in 2023 if it doesn't work out. If it does we have saved £90m to spend elsewhere.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Have you seen him play

Status
Not open for further replies.