Brandon Williams image 33

Brandon Williams England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

Kostov

I'd keep him, he's been very good this pre season and has demonstrated from his debut season that he can be useful PL player. Malacia also getting injured makes this a no brainer.

Borninthe80ts

I’m surprised that the reactions to him have been so positive, I thought I was in the minority.

I’ve always had an appreciation for players like him and McTominay who aren’t necessarily the most talented but there attitude and mindset makes them valuable. Good squad players and make sense for the league rules.

BBer13

I would sell while his stock is somewhat high. Loaning him out again won't achieve much or keeping him around the first team squad to devalue wont either.

Lyng

He looked very good yesterday. Was really surprised how well he handled Saka. Its preseason, but if no clubs come in for him he wouldnt be the worst backup to have. If he gets his act together and listens to Ten Hag he might take Malacias spot as Shaws backup.

Roboc7

He’s on silly wages, we have plenty of homegrown players so good performances like last night need to be used to try and sell whilst we can.

Another season of him hardly kicking a ball doesn’t do anyone any favours, he could go and have a decent career elsewhere but needs to make a move now.

edgecutter

I'd keep him, he's been very good this pre season and has demonstrated from his debut season that he can be useful PL player. Malacia also getting injured makes this a no brainer.
Dalot is ahead of him for left back.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Had another tough, committed game with a couple of nice dribbling progressions and passes.

He's not doing himself any harm with his showings this year.

Matriac

Thought he looked like prime Luke Shaw until he was left ballwatching for that last goal.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Thought he looked like prime Luke Shaw until he was left ballwatching for that last goal.
I'm not mad at him for that, he's not a RCB, Dalot was just as guilty and should be helping him out and I don't know what Lindelof and Maguire were doing pressing deep in the Madrid half and waving Brandon off of Left Back respectively

RedOrange

I'm not mad at him for that, he's not a RCB, Dalot was just as guilty and should be helping him out and I don't know what Lindelof and Maguire were doing pressing deep in the Madrid half and waving Brandon off of Left Back respectively
Nah, that was still Williams' man to mark. He was covering him 2 seconds before and just lost concentration, and Dalot was further away because he had to close down Kroos earlier.

I get that everyone loves to hate Dalot, but that Williams needed to stick with his man there.

Kryptonite

Shame about him losing his man at the end, but was impressed by him today.

Didn't shy away from a tackle, switched play cross field nicely. The drop of a shoulder turn and through ball to Pellistri was nice.

Blood Mage

He loves this club and always gives 100% that's clear as day. Massive shame that he's such a poor footballer.

poleglass red

Liked his aggression. Put a few nice tackles in and let the Real players know they were in a game

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Wouldn’t be surprised if Ten Hag likes him a bit and tries to mould him in to a better player.

I liked his debut months but hasn’t done much after that.

khoazany

He's one of those players who have been shoved into the first team too early and messed up his natural development a bit. Probably still not Manchester United regular ceiling regardless but I do feel he could have been better developed had he go on loan first like normally.

Last edited:

Based Adnan

Should have been moved on for ~10m a couple years back. Not sure there's any benefit in keeping him around as we've got decent cover at fullback either side although no-one seems to be in for him.

Gandalf

Should have been moved on for ~10m a couple years back. Not sure there's any benefit in keeping him around as we've got decent cover at fullback either side although no-one seems to be in for him.
His wages are the issue. The season he went on loan to Norwich we would have been open to moving him and his value was around 10M at that point. Southampton were interested but his wage would have made him their highest earner and they were not about to break their pay structure for him and clearly at the time he was not inclined to take a pay cut.

I would hope that whoever is representing him recognizes that after an underwhelming loan and then a season where he played 5 minutes of senior football he needs to lower his expectations and is advising him accordingly. If it was known he was willing to take a pretty hefty cut in his current salary then I think a few clubs would be interested from the lower PL teams to the Championship promotion hopefuls as he is clearly good enough for that level. If we could get 5M and a decent sell on clause I would be thrilled at this point.

The United

He is a bit like Antony in the sense that he seems to try to find some kind of fight during the game. Always on edge. It is hard to talk about his ability, though, as being a right-footed LB can't be easy at all.

Sid234

Made an error for the first goal but other than that - Very impressive on the ball and off it - some brave passes and movement in tight spaces to progress the ball fast.

Should start the season as #2 LB with Malacia's injury - definitely one of the good surprises of the pre-season

In Rainbows

Made an error for the first goal but other than that - Very impressive on the ball and off it - some brave passes and movement in tight spaces to progress the ball fast.

Should start the season as #2 LB with Malacia's injury - definitely one of the good surprises of the pre-season
I mean, we can't keep saying he's been impressive when he's due a mistake leading to a goal in every match. He lost his man last game that ended up a goal, and now made a mistake for the 1st goal. Once in a while, these are tolerable given the rest of the match performance. If it happens almost every match, then these performances are no longer all that good.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

If we are going to be forced to play a right footed LB should Shaw not be able to play then it should be Dalot, not Williams. At least Dalot will put in a cross with his left. Not sure why Williams wants to be a LB when he seems to be so right footed. Should have been sold a couple years ago...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll probably tell them to feck off given how big of a United supporter he is, but would be a good move for him. Can't just be a reserve player here forever. He's almost 23.

Varun1

Really hope it happens, there are still quite a few players that haven't moved on.

OleGunnar20

Take whatever they'll give for him. Not a bad player but I don't see any reason to keep him around.

Right footed left backs always make me feel uncomfortable.

Matt851

Very much a symbol of uniteds protecting value policy under ed woodward

NotQuiteManc

With Fernandez and Malacia as back-ups for LB, I think it is time to sell Williams.

Gandalf

Can Leeds even afford his wages?
Would imagine so, with the takeover complete they are now being bankrolled by a massive franchise that is looking to establish itself in the upper echelons of the PL asap. From a wages in/out standpoint this season, Leeds have already shipped most of their big earners out either permanently or through loans for those they would like back next year if they are promoted.

dr.twinny

God I hope he goes. Nothing against the guy, but he should've been moved in a few seasons ago. He has looked decent on preseason but I hope he himself pushes for a move away. What's a decent price we reckon for Brandon? Maybe £5 - £10 mil with a few addons and a sell on percentage/promotion clause included?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I have never rated him, but he looked lively in his last cameos.

Aggressiveness, directness, quick feet. Stuff that Luke Shaw lacks completely.

Would be willing to give him a chance...

PS. It's crazy we have struggled for a decade now to produce a world class wingback. The most important player in a team probably.

You have to wonder what the feck are our academy guys doing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

PS. It's crazy we have struggled for a decade now to produce a world class wingback. The most important player in a team probably.

This is a player who is only attracting interest from the Championship, despite a couple of seasons in the PL. I’m not sure we should be giving him a chance, although I do like him as a guy after his criticism of Rio for his City love in.

NoPace

Seems like some Prem teams are pretty lacking in fullback depth (Luton, Brighton, Burnley, Everton, Fulham all seem to only have 2-3 guys you'd play ahead of him at most) so wonder if it will be a Champo loan to start 40 times or a Prem loan to get probably 15-20 starts.

jem

I'm pretty tactically naive, but do we play with wingbacks?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I'm pretty tactically naive, but do we play with wingbacks?
It's not so much about tactics but ability to do so. Can Shaw consistently run up and down the wing like Evra used to do? No. So when he plays, we don't.

Brandon Williams did some solid wingback play by consistently combining with Pellestri on the left.

@Rozay He might be a late bloomer!

khoazany

Seems like some Prem teams are pretty lacking in fullback depth (Luton, Brighton, Burnley, Everton, Fulham all seem to only have 2-3 guys you'd play ahead of him at most) so wonder if it will be a Champo loan to start 40 times or a Prem loan to get probably 15-20 starts.
We won't loan him. He's almost 23 yo with 1 year left on his contract. Either we keep him to utilize him in the first squad or sell.