Brendan Rodgers - a re-evaluation?

DAV771

Supports
Newport County
A lot of chat in the Klopp thread (and by assorted pundits) about Liverpool's recent form being a reversion to the norm. They spend top 5-7 money to build a top 5-7 squad, full of top 5-7 players and that's where they'll finish. Between 5th and 7th place.
Well, this aged well! :lol: To be fair, Rodgers is a decent manager and deserves another chance at a top club based on what he's achieved so far. Not sure he'd be approached by anyone in the PL top 6 except Spurs if Poch decides to feck off. I think he could be a decent shout for Arsenal too if Emery leaves.

Needham

I’m sure having a better squad of players will help with that.
Partly my point. Celtic fans spewing about him leaving wasn't just about midseason betrayal. They honestly think they've got more going on up there. He'll miss the CL early season holiday trips abroad but yesterday proved why it's much smarter for him to be improving his trade in the mix in England.

SirAF

Ageist
Leicester are arguably a better away team than home team, their style of play is perfect for teams who have lots of possession too. Don't think it's completely clear cut for City, this one.
Don’t make me nervous!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
He's been at Leicester a few weeks and pulled off a better result than he did in years at Celtic.
Drew twice with Pep's City. First draw ruined Peps run of 10 wins in a row (and people said the City side was going to be unstoppable under Pep at this point)

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's got a good team at Leicester to build on. I'd take their back 4 and 3 in midfield over anything we can put out.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He’s a good manager. Potentially a very good manager. He’s just a really weird bloke.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
They have 2 brilliant FBs, a brilliant central midfield and a very good striker.

With 2-3 signings, they will challenge for top 6 spot.

The Irish Connection

City will have a very difficult game I think, Leicester are on top form. Vardy would be a handy player for us I reckon.
Always thought Fergie would have tried to sign him and I think ole would like him too, good poacher.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Please please please barca don't forget how to play football as I fear you might and start doing an impression of United...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
City will have a very difficult game I think, Leicester are on top form. Vardy would be a handy player for us I reckon.
Always thought Fergie would have tried to sign him and I think ole would like him too, good poacher.
especially good against top six sides

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Bumping an old thread. Forgive me.

Fecking hell, though, Leicester were really good against Arsenal, weren’t they?
How is it surprising? Give him a tram with genuine talent and he can make them
play. His ONLY problem has been Wenger like. Namely questions over his attention to defensive play.

At Leicester its unlikely to be much of an issue since he has a collection of pretty good defenders

Robbie Boy

He’s great isn’t he? Really looking forward to seeing Leicester and Southampton next season with two progressive, forward thinking managers.

SambaBoy

If they have a good summer window then Leicester could have a squad to match ours and Arsenal depending on our relative windows. Leicester will also have to rely on Vardy's legs not to go over the next year as he is crucial, but he had a late start to pro football so can't see him declining just yet. If they can keep Tielemans, both FB's, Maguire, N'Didi and add 2-3 quality players then they will have a real good squad next season.

Tarrou

I reckon he's one of these managers that will do well for 2-3 years but that's his limit because the players will get sick of him

Well to be honest that's what I said when he started doing well at Liverpool out of sheer hope more than anything, so I'm sticking with it

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Whether you rate him or not, he does play decent football with the caliber of players he has at his disposal. His first season at Celtic, the football was excellent, it did decline a bit as time went on but that was probably due to struggling to motivate players when they only need to play at 50% to win games. His Swansea side were excellent at ball retention but lacked end product due to the quality of players. He's got a decent foundation to build on at Leicester, his biggest problem will be replacing Vardy at some point. Also shows how not having your own players etc or not having a transfer window isn't an excuse to clearly implement a change in tactics/philosophy. (Obviously applies to Ole + others).

Josh 76

He is a manager who has really impressed me. Had he not been manager of Liverpool, I would have has him at Utd all day long.