Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is doing really great job there. And the thing which i like the most is that his team doesn't suffer (much) when best players are out. He is playing without best two attacking midfielders and out of form Vardy. And still playing nicely.

Very good manager.

gazbradley

Seems a lot of odd biased views here, Rodgers is a better manager and Leicester have better players but Ole has out performed him in league and cup competitions minus this years FA cup. Ole finished higher in the league last season whilst getting to 3 semi finals whilst Leicester finished outside the top 4 without the strains of European football. There’s even comparison of money spent being used like that’s a fair comparison, Leicester don’t have to pay fees we do and have had a fantastic scouting process in place long before Rodgers and still paid a big fee for ayoze Perez, imagine the stick he’d get on here. I’m not discrediting Rodgers, he’s done a good job at Leicester but his achievements seem to be being exaggerated a tad maybe on the back of one win but ultimately his career isn’t too dissimilar to Ole’s.
I personally don’t feel Ole is going to be the manager to lead us back to a title but his achievements seem to be so easily brushed off where other managers don’t seem to have to do anywhere near as much for it to be obvious they’d do a better job.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
[
He is doing really great job there. And the thing which i like the most is that his team doesn't suffer (much) when best players are out. He is playing without best two attacking midfielders and out of form Vardy. And still playing nicely.

Very good manager.
his team doesn’t suffer with injuries yet I keep seeing injuries as an excuse for bluffing top four.

beating Ole in the cup shows he’s a superior manager and knows how to win, but where was this when needed to beat us at the end of last season?

how is every manger get given injury passes yet our own team is not afforded the same excuse

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
[

his team doesn’t suffer with injuries yet I keep seeing injuries as an excuse for bluffing top four.

beating Ole in the cup shows he’s a superior manager and knows how to win, but where was this when needed to beat us at the end of last season?

how is every manger get given injury passes yet our own team is not afforded the same excuse
You talk like Leicester is some amazing team and top 4 is a must for them. Look at his team and other teams around him. Leicester is by far weakest. It is good team, it has some very good players but not even close to Chelsea, United, Pool, Spurs or City. It has some classy players who can play in biggest clubs but only few. Not to mention that Leicester squad depth is low.

He lost two of his best defenders last two years without replacing them with some high money signing and defence still looks good. He plays without Barnes and Maddison and attacking play still looks good.
So yes, he is very good manager and far superior than ours (you put Ole in this discussion not me).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would take him over over Ole without a doubt. Very good manager. Done an excellent job at Leicester. Perfect manager for this phase of the club

mu4c_20le

You talk like Leicester is some amazing team and top 4 is a must for them. Look at his team and other teams around him. Leicester is by far weakest. It is good team, it has some very good players but not even close to Chelsea, United, Pool, Spurs or City. It has some classy players who can play in biggest clubs but only few. Not to mention that Leicester squad depth is low.
They are easily better than Spurs, and richer too. Lets not act as if they are some lower table club. This is Leicester, not Leeds.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

He lost two of his best defenders last two years without replacing them with some high money signing and defence still looks good. He plays without Barnes and Maddison and attacking play still looks good.
So yes, he is very good manager and far superior than ours (you put Ole in this discussion not me).
No I talk as if I’ve been reading the caf and Rogers knows how to win and Ole doesn’t and that injuries don’t affect how his teams play. Yet just look at the last year and that proves wrong.

bsCallout

Wonder if we perhaps want to hold fire on rating their achievements this year. They've still got to play 4 of the big 6 to finish the season, plus a game against West Ham.

They might even struggle to make top 4. Let's see if they make it over the line.

AgentSmith

They are easily better than Spurs, and richer too. Lets not act as if they are some lower table club. This is Leicester, not Leeds.
Where have you got this one from?

- Spurs’ revenue is much higher than Leicester
- Spurs have a much larger wage bill
- Spurs have spent more on transfers in the last 5 years
- Spurs have a much more expensive stadium
- Spurs pay Mourinho roughly 3x what Leicester pay Rodgers

Leicester are definitely better than Spurs but there’s nothing that indicates they’re richer.

UpWithRivers

Maybe he hasnt got the best CL record. Maybe Leicester wont even finish top 4. Maybe he isnt the right manager for Utd. But is he a better manager than Ole? I think anyone who says No needs to see someone with a couch.

bsCallout

Maybe he hasnt got the best CL record. Maybe Leicester wont even finish top 4. Maybe he isnt the right manager for Utd. But is he a better manager than Ole? I think anyone who says No needs to see someone with a couch.
Just being better than Ole isn't a reason to get him.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Where have you got this one from?

- Spurs’ revenue is much higher than Leicester
- Spurs have a much larger wage bill
- Spurs have spent more on transfers in the last 5 years
- Spurs have a much more expensive stadium
- Spurs pay Mourinho roughly 3x what Leicester pay Rodgers

Leicester are definitely better than Spurs but there’s nothing that indicates they’re richer.
You see those things dont make you rich... quite the opposite in fact over time - especially when combined with large debts

, Tottenham Hotspur currently possess the highest debt in European football, with the vast majority of it being incurred due to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Tottenham's total debt is projected to be £1.17billion, with Barcelona in second place possessing a debt of around £1.03billion
THIS IS WHERE THE FIGURES GET REALLY CONCERNING. TWO CLUBS HAVE MORE THAN A BILLION OF TOTAL DEBT: #THFC £1,177M AND #FCBARCELONA £1,030M. THEY ARE FOLLOWED BY #ATLETI £804M, #MUFC £771M, #INTER £757M AND #JUVENTUS £752M. PIC.TWITTER.COM/KZ5JBHUWQW

— SWISS RAMBLE (@SWISSRAMBLE) FEBRUARY 8, 2021
https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-reveals-how-spurs-debt-compares-to-big-european-clubs-over-1-billion/#:~:text=London), Tottenham Hotspur currently possess,of around £1.03billion.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Do you think Leicester are a richer club than Spurs?
define rich
If you take all the money they have and subtract all the debt and we are talking net position then yeah about a billion or so

I mean if i took out a billion pound loan and brought a house then Im not a billion richer - that house still belongs to the bank if i cant keep up repayments ... sure if I can keep up with the repayments for 20 years (even when interest rates go up) then yeah I will be richer in 20 years... but today Ive got a huge debt

AgentSmith

define rich
If you take all the money they have and subtract all the debt and we are talking net position then yeah about a billion or so

I mean if i took out a billion pound loan and brought a house then Im not a billion richer - that house still belongs to the bank if i cant keep up repayments ... sure if I can keep up with the repayments for 20 years (even when interest rates go up) then yeah I will be richer in 20 years... but today Ive got a huge debt
Would that logic indicate Leicester are a richer club than United as well given the £771 million of debt we have?

Chipper

Adulterer.
define rich

I think most people would say it's along the lines of having the ability to spend funds or raise them.

Generally speaking, someone living a big house with a big mortgage and living large, maybe even with big personal loans is going to be considered richer than a debt-free homeless person with no job.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
He's not CL proven, that should be the minimum requirement for us to hire a coach.
We hired a guy that got fired because he couldnt win in the Championship. I dont think we have any right to be claiming someone needs CL cred to get the job.

RooneyLegend

We hired a guy that got fired because he couldnt win in the Championship. I dont think we have any right to be claiming someone needs CL cred to get the job.
We're Man United, we've got the right to demand anything. Just because we've messed it up before doesn't mean we have to continue down that path.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
Wonder if we perhaps want to hold fire on rating their achievements this year. They've still got to play 4 of the big 6 to finish the season, plus a game against West Ham.

They might even struggle to make top 4. Let's see if they make it over the line.
We’ve beaten every one of “the big six”, this season. Just saying.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Just being better than Ole isn't a reason to get him.
Absolutely. But i do think that Rodgers is one of managers who would be a very good choice for us.
1) Fans who are desperate for attacking style would finally get attacking manager.
2) He doesn't need to have 11 world class players to make his team work
3) He is ok guy. I don't care personally is manager moaner or likeable guy but for some fans it is (strangely) important.
4) He is tactically good manager
5) Pl proven. Not that important but also don't hurt

AgentSmith

Didn't Leicester have an abysmal 2nd half to the season last year? Like relegation levels of form? Or is that being brushed off?
They had a pretty bad injury list without the squad depth to manage it.

They’ve somewhat corrected that this year and have managed to, so far, sustain themselves despite having injuries to key players again (Justin, Maddison, Barnes etc.)

gajender

Didn't Leicester have an abysmal 2nd half to the season last year? Like relegation levels of form? Or is that being brushed off?
There were mitigating circumstances for that they had injury crisis but what is mostly brushed off is that they were over performing relative to their performances according to their underlying stats and many predicted that drop off .

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

They are 7 points clear of 5th.

Last season at the same stage(29 games) they were 8 points clear of 5th.

They only took 9 points out of their last 27.

They still have a lot to do but should make it if they can get another 4 wins and a draw IMO.

Man City H
West Ham A
Palace H
Southampton A
Newcastle H
Chelsea A
Spurs H
WBA H to be rearranged.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I still think had the lockdown not occurred we would have rode the momentum gained from smashing Villa 4-0 in the last game before the shut down and gotten top 4 last season but we'll ever know

bsCallout

They are 7 points clear of 5th.

Last season at the same stage(29 games) they were 8 points clear of 5th.

They only took 9 points out of their last 27.

They still have a lot to do but should make it if they can get another 4 wins and a draw IMO.

Man City H
West Ham A
Palace H
Southampton A
Newcastle H
Chelsea A
Spurs H
WBA H to be rearranged.
They have United, Chelsea Tottenham, City, West Ham to play in their remaining 8 games.

Most of the teams will be fighting until the end for points too. Especially if they see Leicester start dropping any.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
As I said before if Ole, or Klopp or even St Pep had blown a 14-point lead the way Leicester did last season, they'd be hounded.
His squad has nowhere near the depth of those. Take a couple players out of this side and its very average. Madison missing is massive. Barnes has been excellent too.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Rodgers, always the bridesmaid never the bride. Just good enough you can't lose him but not good enough to hope for anything more.

always_hoping

Should still secure a top 4 finish, Next 4 games.

At home to Palace, West Brom, Newcastle and away to Southampton.

Cloud7

He seems to have a bit of “stumble at the last hurdle” about him. Liverpool, Leicester last season when they began dropping points like mad as the end of the season neared, and similar this season.

Probably the biggest question mark over him as a manager for me, because otherwise I think he’s an outstanding manager.