Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Trophy Room

If we had Leicester's players, we'd all be up in arms about how much lack of quality there is within the squad. It just shows how important a good manager/coach is.

el3mel

They sold Maguire for 80 and don't look affected at all, maybe look even better. Credits to Rodgers for that.

He is a bit of a joke in terms of the shit he's talked. but he is effective. I'm sure he'll be given a top job soon enough, I can see him replacing Emry at Arsenal in a year or so

Asger

If we had Leicester's players, we'd all be up in arms about how much lack of quality there is within the squad. It just shows how important a good manager/coach is.
United without De Gea and Pogba is just relegation quality. Would prefer Leicester squad.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They sold Maguire for 80 and don't look affected at all, maybe look even better. Credits to Rodgers for that.
I remember a few Leicester fans saying on here that we bought the worse defender of their CB pair and that Evans was better, and they got mocked on here and called WUMs.

Doesn't look like they were WUMing.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He has no loyality Liverpool. They treated him like crap. He own them nothing.
I'm thinking more about the fans. Don't think he'd like what comes with the move between the two clubs even if it's via a few other clubs in between.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I remember a few Leicester fans saying on here that we bought the worse defender of their CB pair and that Evans was better, and they got mocked on here and called WUMs.

Maguire’s an excellent centre back. He’s just in come into a team in the dumps. He’s been one of the better ones

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Okay. I think what we can both agree on is that Leicester should be ashamed. Sacking Puel without giving him at least 3 years is a disgrace and will absolutely have a negative long term impact.
Genuine question, if we sacked Solskjaer and replaced him with Rodgers, would we be in the top four at the end of the season with our squad? I can see why people want Solskjaer out, but I do worry if we get a new manager in and don’t change the set up he has to work with we won’t be massively better off.

Classical Mechanic

Have you forgotten that Evans used to play for us and crumbled under the pressure of being a senior centre back, played like crap and was sold because of it?

432JuanMata

Genuine question, if we sacked Solskjaer and replaced him with Rodgers, would we be in the top four at the end of the season with our squad? I can see why people want Solskjaer out, but I do worry if we get a new manager in and don’t change the set up he has to work with we won’t be massively better off.
He wouldn’t get top 4 now since we are 10 points off it but if Rodgers was here and Ole there we would finish ahead of them and if had a whole season I think we’d squeeze top 4

Fussball13251

Palace are falling away. Told you they wouldn't bottle it. Palace is usually a difficult ground to go to. At Leicester Rodgers win% will be around 65%

Should have scored 3, they also smacked the post.

dove

I think we are in a situation where Ole simply cannot continue anymore unless our target is top half of the table. We are 11 games in and 10 points off TOP 4 already. Remember when fans were unhappy when we finished 19pts off City? Well, now with Ole in charge it's very likely we will finish 30 points off TOP 4. If we played a decent football while creating chances to score you could argue that maybe, just maybe he can turn it around. However during his tenure here he has showed absolutely nothing and we are worse right now than when he took over. So my thinking is - get rid as it's simply can not go on anymore, get an interim in and for feck sakes, DO NOT OFFER A PERMANENT JOB BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON. Then make a decision in the summer. Keeping Ole in charge is basically giving up at this point.

C'est Moi Cantona

United without De Gea and Pogba is just relegation quality. Would prefer Leicester squad.
I bet Rodgers would be licking his lips at our squad if fans really think that, it would take him about 4-5 games to start getting loads more out of our lot, and we start seeing the clubs go in different directions.

I am not an Ole basher, but it is so blatantly obvious that Rodgers is getting way more from his players than Ole is, the quality of the two squads is not much different, it's just Rodgers has his playing to the absolute maximum they're capable of, whilst we're left been told we need to give Ole years before he can be expected to do that with ours.

Dec9003

He wouldn’t get top 4 now since we are 10 points off it but if Rodgers was here and Ole there we would finish ahead of them and if had a whole season I think we’d squeeze top 4
That’s true actually, it would be fairier if he had a season.
I don’t really think we’d be top four though, I just don’t think we have the quality.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City

Jonny Evans is not a spectacular, eye catching CB but is a very steadying influence on everyone around him. Soyunco has credited him with helping his game get better. We got him for 4 mill when W Brom got relegated and he has been a steal.

Dec9003

I think we are in a situation where Ole simply cannot continue anymore unless our target is top half of the table. We are 11 games in and 10 points off TOP 4 already. Remember when fans were unhappy when we finished 19pts off City? Well, now with Ole in charge it's very likely we will finish 30 points off TOP 4. If we played a decent football while creating chances to score you could argue that maybe, just maybe he can turn it around. However during his tenure here he has showed absolutely nothing and we are worse right now than when he took over. So my thinking is - get rid as it's simply can not go on anymore, get an interim in and for feck sakes, DO NOT OFFER A PERMANENT JOB BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON. Then make a decision in the summer. Keeping Ole in charge is basically giving up at this point.
Okay but given a full season do you think Rodgers would get top 4 with our squad?

Massive Spanner

Have you forgotten that Evans used to play for us and crumbled under the pressure of being a senior centre back, played like crap and was sold because of it?
I mean that's just not true and plenty of people didn't want Evans sold. He showed plenty of signs of being good enough for us and there's nothing to suggest Evans at 29 years old would've "crumbled" like you say he did when he was here when he was younger.
Maguire’s an excellent centre back. He’s just in come into a team in the dumps. He’s been one of the better ones
No, VVD's an excellent center back. Laporte's an excellent center back. Maguire's... good, a minor, incredibly expensive upgrade on what we already had.

Asger

I bet Rodgers would be licking his lips at our squad if fans really think that, it would take him about 4-5 games to start getting loads more out of our lot, and we start seeing the clubs go in different directions.

I am not an Ole basher, but it is so blatantly obvious that Rodgers is getting way more from his players than Ole is, the quality of the two squads is not much different, it's just Rodgers has his playing to the absolute maximum they're capable of, whilst we're left been told we need to give Ole years before he can be expected to do that with ours.
I really would like to know who in our starting 11 would get in Leicester starting 11. You can not name De Gea and Pogba.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm really scared if we go for Rodgers.

I think Leicester are such a well run team especially with the players that they buy that their manager has a significant advantage to be more successful than they would be at other clubs.

Be it Kante, Ndidi, Vardy, Mahrez, Maddison, Chilwell - someone in that club knows who to target for that club & personally I don't think it's Brenda Rodgers that has made much of a difference in that area.

I wouldn't mind the guy as a manager because he is definitely better than Ole - but to assume that this is 'his Leicester' is far from the truth. I'm scared the lad might buy an Andy Carroll at United when he doesn't have Leicester City's Board or DOF targeting the right players for him.

Classical Mechanic

I mean that's just not true and plenty of people didn't want Evans sold. He showed plenty of signs of being good enough for us and there's nothing to suggest Evans at 29 years old would've "crumbled" like you say he did when he was here when he was younger.

No, VVD's an excellent center back. Laporte's an excellent center back. Maguire's... good, a minor, incredibly expensive upgrade on what we already had.
He crumbled because the going got tough and he went hiding. After Fergie retired his form went down the toilet especially after Rio and Vida left and he was LVG’s ‘no 1 CB’. Look at the thread from when he left, the majority realised he wasn’t good enough and wished him well on his journey.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jonny-evans-west-brom-player.408682/

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Why are we struggling though, in your view? If it's not that the managers not good enough, what is it?
Have you looked at our squad? The only thing I criticize Ole with was his summer transfer window either thinking or allowing to be told 3 transfers was enough. He also could make better sub decisions. Apart from that he is about bang on with a young inconsistent squad that's been without its 2 best outfield players for most of the season.

The difference between supporters like me and those with the patience of spoiled toddlers is that I am looking at the big picture. I can see how badly the club is run, I can see how the lack of recruitment direction has got us in this mess. I can see that we really don't have all that much money to spend when you consider our previous window net spends. If and when Ole goes it's not going to change that much if a new manager comes in.

I don't believe the Woodward spiel about how they have figured out recruitment. Maguire best CB available in PL and AWB is a no brainer leaving Dan James as a probable fluke.

I will back Ole because I want him to succeed despite all this. I wont be a fairweather pessimistic plastic online fan who gets his fanny in a twist everytime we ship a goal or everytime Liverpool win.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He’s a serious upgrade on what we had. Comparison with Laporte is tough, when we lose or at best draw if we concede a single goal. With City’s possession I’d look a decent centre back for them

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
We bought Leicester’s best defender for a record fee yet they look better and we look worse. Are team isn’t great but you are underrating them it’s top 6 side
you bought the one with the most hype and the better footballer but not the best defender

Rafaeldagold

They have a much better manager & are playing better & further up the table.

Who’d have thought it. It’s a miracle

Massive Spanner

He crumbled because the going got tough and he went hiding. After Fergie retired his form went down the toilet especially after Rio and Vida left and he was LVG’s ‘no 1 CB’. Look at the thread from when he left, the majority realised he wasn’t good enough and wished him well on his journey.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jonny-evans-west-brom-player.408682/
He had a poor year under LvG like many others but he's arguably more proven at the top level than Maguire is and has been better for Leicester than Maguire was and is better than Maguire so far this season so really.. what's so outlandish about what I said considering Maguire has been largely underwhelming since he came here himself?

432JuanMata

you bought the one with the most hype and the better footballer but not the best defender
Ok I still think it is better than Evans but I agree to disagree. Would you agree as a Leicester fan that our teams shouldn’t be 10 points apart and that is down to the manager(though I think your team is slightly better).

C'est Moi Cantona

I really would like to know who in our starting 11 would get in Leicester starting 11. You can not name De Gea and Pogba.
The problem is you're looking at the players in thier current form, Leicester are playing better than us, so of course their players look better.

Under the right manager/coaches, then Martial, Rashford, AWB, Maguire, (plus DDG and Pogba) would all likely get in, you could guarantee he'd have Lingard back in the sort of form that had people calling him Messi Lingard again, and players like Shaw and Bailly, might actually get back to been the players we thought we'd bought, that's before start on the decent youth prospects we have

That's what very good managers do, they get the best from the players they have, not just look the next the transfer window as some sort of answer, for us it generally isn't.

Massive Spanner

He’s a serious upgrade on what we had. Comparison with Laporte is tough, when we lose or at best draw if we concede a single goal. With City’s possession I’d look a decent centre back for them
He really isn't but whatever you think.

I said at the time we were linked with him that he was a marginal upgrade at the very best on Smalling and nothing I've seen from him since has changed that. Maybe he'll improve and I'll be wrong, I hope so.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Ok I still think it is better than Evans but I agree to disagree. Would you agree as a Leicester fan that our teams shouldn’t be 10 points apart and that is down to the manager(though I think your team is slightly better).
given the way you're playing we should be 6 points further apart then we are, we completely messed it up at your place