Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

dove

I would love to hear an explanation from Ole's cultists how is it possible that a manager comes in and transforms the team instantly rather than 5 years.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'd take him all day long, just not under Woody, oust him, get Rodgers, and we might finally see genuine progress happening.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I would love to hear an explanation from Ole's cultists how is it possible that a manager comes in and transforms the team instantly rather than 5 years.
Exactly.

C'est Moi Cantona

If he was good people would soon forget the Liverpool association, if he was crap it would be used as a stick to beat him with and he'd be out the door quick fast, seems the perfect manager for the Glazers to sign to me, he can just take all the flak if it all ends badly.

Lets not forget that Liverpool sacked him as well, so it would really grind them if he was the one to finally turn us around.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
If he was good people would soon forget the Liverpool association, if he was crap it would be used as a stick to beat him with and he'd be out the door quick fast, seems the perfect manager for the Glazers to sign to me, he can just take all the flak if it all ends badly.

Lets not forget that Liverpool sacked him as well, so it would really grind them if he was the one to finally turn us around.
almost every manager that leaves a club does so by being sacked

Ibi Dreams

He cracked at Liverpool and people really think he will hack it at UTD where the pressure is ten fold?
Imagine the shit he will spout when the team inevitably doesn't play well and he has to defend himself...feck it!
He was a Gerrard slip away from winning the title to be fair, it's ifs and buts but they were very close and things could have planned out very differently

He's managed three premier League teams now and each one has looked very well coached. I'd definitely consider him as an option, though let's see how the season pans out for Leicester

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

My fingers would be sore beyond belief individually replying to absolutely every Utd fan from the David Brent Brentan thread that was long running on here. Be careful what you wish for, there are some envelopes you don't want to open. :drool:;)

peridigm

Would you be happy if Rodgers was offered the United job?
Yes. However, I don't think he would want to leave Leicester after 1 and a half seasons. Then again he did leave Celtic in February. Clearly has what it takes to get the best out of an average squad. The question is does he have what it takes to work with an average owner.

C'est Moi Cantona

almost every manager that leaves a club does so by being sacked
Of course, just my point is that Rodgers hardly left in a blaze of glory, he messed up the title for them, and left because they had seen enough.

The scenario would be not much different from us releasing a young kid who we thought wouldn't make it, then Liverpool picking him up and him turning out to be great, it would grind on you watching him do so well for them.

Of course the opposite could happen, and it would just make them laugh even harder at us, but we are where we are just now.

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
Here's the thing the better Leicester do the less likely United are going to get Brendan this season. I think Brendan would relish getting Leicester into Europe rather than trying to win the Europa league with United. Thats before even considering the Liverpool factor and wether he would come because of his history.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I would love to hear from the Honourable gentleman from the Plastic Teenagers MUSC how he can fairly compare a well run and well structured club with a long instituted recruitment policy with the shit show OGS inherited. Care to respond?

C'est Moi Cantona

My fingers would be sore beyond belief individually replying to absolutely every Utd fan from the David Brent Brentan thread that was long running on here. Be careful what you wish for, there are some envelopes you don't want to open. :drool:;)
That was a long time ago, managers can improve and learn from their mistakes, and he was hardly a disaster for you anyway.

I and doubt anyone would care what has been said about him in the past if he did well here, let's face it we have fallen that far I don't think we can degrade ourselves much more now, so whilst a Liverpool reject might have been scoffed at a couple of years ago, now I think people would bite your hand off, if it doesn't work then it just yet another kick in the bollocks whilst we still lay in the gutter.

dove

I would love to hear from the Honourable gentleman from the Plastic Teenagers MUSC how he can fairly compare a well run and well structured club with a long instituted recruitment policy with the shit show OGS inherited
:lol: Ole inherited a shitshow and 1 year later we are more of a shitshow than before. Way to go, keep making up excuses for him :lol:

Ban

Are you bored in life?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Look, even if he wins the World Cup with the Assyrian Empire he'll still be real rubbish to me, dammit.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Apparently it is delusional to support your manager.. or something
A disingenuous misrepresentation to portray yourself as being on the end of unfair criticism while simultaneously making out that your morally and intellectually superior to those that disagree with you. Nice try though.

El Zoido

Why would any manager ruin their career by coming to us and working for the Glazers and Ed?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Isn't there some kind of unwritten rule about United & Liverpool not employing each other's former managers?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yes. Seeing as he’s miles better than Ole.
Yes. However, I don't think he would want to leave Leicester after 1 and a half seasons. Then again he did leave Celtic in February. Clearly has what it takes to get the best out of an average squad. The question is does he have what it takes to work with an average owner.
I’d take him. Reckon he’d leave Leicester for United in a heartbeat. Chance to revive united, get one back on Liverpool? He’d be all over it

dove

Childish logic but I shouldn't be surprised.
Okay. I think what we can both agree on is that Leicester should be ashamed. Sacking Puel without giving him at least 3 years is a disgrace and will absolutely have a negative long term impact.

lysglimt

Scout
I think he has done an excellent job at Leicester. But it says a lot about you as a person when you call everyone who doesn't agree with you as a cultist.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’d take him. Reckon he’d leave Leicester for United in a heartbeat. Chance to revive united, get one back on Liverpool? He’d be all over it
He does seem the type that’s in his own arse. I’m sure he’ll not turn us down.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't think he'd take the job anyway. Woodward would be a huge concern of his not forgetting his Liverpool ties. Non starter.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
It's the truth. We would be hiring a new coach every year if it were up to you lot
Yes, it's true that it's a dishonest misrepresentation of the people's respective positions on this subject.

On the other other hand, there is no 'you lot'. Deal with the coaching situation on a case-by-case basis. Just because the last few were crap doesn't mean this one isn't as well.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Don't think he'd take the job anyway. Woodward would be a huge concern of his not forgetting his Liverpool ties. Non starter.
He has no loyality Liverpool. They treated him like crap. He own them nothing.