Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Gotta say, they're looking more resilient than last year. Would be surprised to see them drop out of the top 4 now.

He's doing a fine job. Arsenal next?

IAmAWinner

Gotta say, they're looking more resilient than last year. Would be surprised to see them drop out of the top 4 now.

Arsenal would genuinely be a downgrade for him.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Arsenal would genuinely be a downgrade for him.
Depends on how you look at it.

While Leicester are a great club with great owners, where is he going to take them realistically? Say they finish second this year. That brings CL and a lot of pressure to repeat next year. I don't see them competing on 4 fronts and still be in a title run to be honest.

At Arsenal meanwhile, there is huge room for growth. They have been so mediocre for so long now, yet still have a faithful fanbase and the infrastructure to do much better than their usual 5th - 8th place finishes of the last few years.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City

While Leicester are a great club with great owners, where is he going to take them realistically? Say they finish second this year. That brings CL and a lot of pressure to repeat next year. I don't see them competing on 4 fronts and still be in a title run to be honest.

At Arsenal meanwhile, there is huge room for growth. They have been so mediocre for so long now, yet still have a faithful fanbase and the infrastructure to do much better than their usual 5th - 8th place finishes of the last few years.
you mean like this season?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Top manager. Seems like a bellend though.

Drainy

I am a Leicester fan & unfortunately this is true. Lots of trash talk about our players & Brendan as well. Fox talk has been unbearable for the last while with all the whining going on.
Fox talk has always been full of cnuts :lol: I remember reading it when Michael Keane and Jesse Lingard were on loan there (as well as Harry Kane) and the average poster was like a Cafe Match Day mouth-breather

GBBQ

I think Spurs would be the logical step.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Fox talk has always been full of cnuts :lol: I remember reading it when Michael Keane and Jesse Lingard were on loan there (as well as Harry Kane) and the average poster was like a Cafe Match Day mouth-breather
to be fair Lingard was fecking useless for us, Kane struggled because Pearson decided he was a left winger, we loved Michael Keane though

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
you mean like this season?
Well, you've been out of the EFL Cup since september, nobody probably cares about the EL and you're not in a title race, but in a top 4 race.

Don't get me wrong, you're doing amazing so far, but the pressure, money and prestige involved in the CL is something else. Especially combined with the pressure to get top 4 again.

Was just thinking out loud. Say he finishes 2nd-3rd + an FA Cup final. That will be very hard to equal, so he might prefer a new challenge where he's more likely to overperform (like Arsenal or Spurs)...

I'm guessing he'll stay at least another year though if you get CL

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
yeah because all the big clubs take the EFL cup so seriously at the start of it, you may not care about the Europa League but our club does he has been playing strong teams all along, you moved the goalposts to suit your point but he is doing now what you say he cannot do.

At no point this season has our first choice back 4 been available at the same time, Ndidi has had 2 spells out injured, Maddison started the season injured and his back up Praet is now out for the season, James Justin is out for the season, Fofana is out for another 3-4 weeks etc. So its not like he's had an easy time managing the squad, people make up reasons to try and knock up when he was have the same issues anywhere else

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City

I’d argue that we still have big room for development at Leicester, without the pressure that comes with managing Arsenal.

A new state of the art training ground.

A young squad, that is showing more stubbornness compared to last season.

Arsenal don’t have the back room philosophy to match the way that Arsenal works. Didn’t they bin off the entire scouting network to utilise an agency?

He turned them down once before and I can seeing him being at Leicester for a while yet. He’s something like the 15th highest paid manager in world football currently.

Leicester are competing on 4 fronts this season, so I’m not sure on the argument that they couldn’t do it again, given that in theory we’ve been getting stronger season after season.

Brendan has come to Leicester to be part of the project and disrupt the historically order. The club have always had long term ambitions that the late chairman wanted to establish us as a top four team and compete for the championship.

The owners cleared all the debts and have invested in the squad and back room setup. Despite being seriously wealthy themselves, they’ve decided to make the club self sufficient now, so we do rely on the growth and sale of players.

We do have some serious young talent though with the likes of Barnes, Maddison, Forfana, Justin, Dewsbury-Hall and Tielemans etc

I’m not sure Brendan would want to leave all this, for a risk at Arsenal.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He is a very good manager who is better off staying at Leicester for now until a better job than the current Arsenal comes up.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

To do what? Finish top 4 and play good football? Exactly what he’s already doing at Leicester with a much better squad and better scouting system.

Arsenal are an awful side he should stay far, far away from.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Seem to have hit a nerve here :)

I'm not downplaying the achievements of your club, guys, just pointing out that:
a) It's much harder to consolidate than to build up (look at Liverpool)
b) He's never stayed at any club for more than 3 years, so he might be the kind of guy that needs a new challenge regularly to keep his motivation

I just named Arsenal as an example. Spurs might be a better option. Or even City at some point.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Their recruitment/scouting team deserve just as much credit as Rodgers. Their recruitment is fantastic, Rodgers is lucky in that regard, As i don't think Rodgers makes the signings at Leicester.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Seem to have hit a nerve here :)

I'm not downplaying the achievements of your club, guys, just pointing out that:
a) It's much harder to consolidate than to build up (look at Liverpool)
b) He's never stayed at any club for more than 3 years, so he might be the kind of guy that needs a new challenge regularly to keep his motivation

I just named Arsenal as an example. Spurs might be a better option. Or even City at some point.
It’s all good! All a matter of debate

I’d understand Manchester City, as I think they’d give him a different platform with which to work with.

I’m unsure about Arsenal / Spurs, as they come with pressure from the fan base without the financial backing to really compete.

Obviously he was at Chelsea under Mourhino and according to rumours didn’t leave on the best of terms. Could I see him leaving us for them though, potentially.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They seem to be a much better team now than the season they won the title.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
They seem to be a much better team now than the season they won the title.
I think the 15/16 team would beat the current team. Kante and Mahrez were brilliant for us in that season.

We have talent in this current crop though, that I’d like to think could go on to Surpass that.

pascell

Arsenal would be a step down for Rodgers, he's building something good at Leicester. If they replace Vardy properly then they'll be in and around the top 4 for a good while.

Replacing Vardy won't be easy but maybe a striker with a different style will bring just as many goal contributions as a whole, like Liverpool did with replacing Suarez with Firmino. Someone like Ings would be a solid signing to rotate with Vardy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think the 15/16 team would beat the current team. Kante and Mahrez were brilliant for us in that season.

We have talent in this current crop though, that I’d like to think could go on to Surpass that.
Yeah prime Kante Mahrez and Vardy probably tips it in 2016 favour but I think if you went down the line player for player, I'd imagine you'd pick more players from 2021 Leicester.

Really impressive how you've managed to regroup since winning the title, proving perhaps it wasn't as much of a fluke as we all thought it was.

Last edited:

Habs

I reckon most good coaches will avoid Arsenal job for a while- expectations remain high there and they barely spend any money. Leicester squad is better and I think Rogers can make them a solid top 4 team if they continue to spend this summer.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Great manager, but they are still worryingly dependent on Vardy imo
I agree that they are but I am also confident that finding a replacement is job one & I'm sure it will get done this Summer.
Madisson & Barnes are adding goals to their game these days so maybe we won't rely so heavily on the striker in future.

passing-wind

I think Arsenal is a bad move in all honesty. Not on the dynamic of the club but rather the team he would adopt, it requires too much work. If things didn't work out for Ole I'd take him at United without a doubt. I think he's an underrated coach. Past spell at Liverpool seems to have been a learning experience, Leicester don't have a fantastic squad but are very competitive typical of team spirit.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
the problem with replacing Vardy is he is still too good to leave out and anyone good enough to replace him won't come to not play, we almost can't until he's gone

He should stay at Leicester. Can see them doing well in the CL. And only leave in several years for a club that’s in the CL.
Long term clubs several years down the line City, Chelsea (although that might be available again end of the season), United, why not pool again although can see that going to Gerrard,

He should only consider Spurs and Arsenal if they are in the CL, but those two clubs are unlikely to sack managers that have qualified for the CL.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’d be mad to leave. They’re a top side nowadays, and Arse/spurs would be a step down. Unless City or Chelsea come in for him I could see him building something even better.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Bet anyone 20 quid for charity that they don't finish top four right now? :D

Nobody who wears fake tan is trustworthy.

Gazza

Leicester have more potential for growth than Arsenal IMO

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It was laughable to read Leicester forum last season. The fans were jumping into conclusion, upset and blamed Brendan for bottling the top 4. :lol: They had no idea that they have a good quality manager, the problem was obviously Brendan didn't have bigger squad to allow him to have plan B and cover some of the injury players.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Their recruitment/scouting team deserve just as much credit as Rodgers. Their recruitment is fantastic, Rodgers is lucky in that regard, As i don't think Rodgers makes the signings at Leicester.
I think Lee Congerton runs the transfers there since Rodgers came in and he's Rodgers' man. Recruitment has been good but I think the coaching stands out. He's now technically a really top coach. Still hard to say how good a manager someone is until you've see them win something and try to sustain it.

Klopp seems to find sustaining it hard, Pep's done it a few times now.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Congerton doesn't run the transfers Jon Rudkin does, Congerton is basically chief scout, but even then he still doesn't ID all players they scout, that just wouldn't be possible

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal

A mediocre club doesn't win 8 trophies in 7 years and be regular participants in European competition. Of course we could do better especially this season but we're not mediocre.

Anyway I don't think Rogers is the right fit for Arsenal, although he'd do much better than Arteta is currently.

Foxbatt

Don't look at Leicester from a British point of view. They are massive in Thailand and the owners are extremely rich. Being an Asian owned club if they start getting successful they will get a huge following in Asia.