Not open for further replies.

Lemon Moon

.................Onana

AWB Varane Butcher Dallot

.......McSauce Mainoo

G'nacho Bruno Rashford

................Hojlund

Offsideagain

Odds on Toney will score (no pun intended) just to start the transfer rumours again. Picking our team just now is a lottery. Hope Martinez is back and Amad gets some game time.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    Just want it to be an enjoyable affair. I’m here for 4-3s until the end of the season now.

If we can’t defend, let’s attack in good measure.

Reactions: Fortitude

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    Odds on Toney will score (no pun intended) just to start the transfer rumours again. Picking our team just now is a lottery. Hope Martinez is back and Amad gets some game time.
    Amad suspended I think.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    I've got a bad feeling that there's another poor performance and dropped points here or at Stamford Bridge. We should win both comfortably based on both teams current form though.
    A point at Chelsea would be alright assuming we win this.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    A point at Chelsea would be alright assuming we win this.
    For top 5, we really need to win both of these. Big gap to close and games like Liverpool and Arsenal and Brighton to come that will be very tough. Can't expect to win every game of course, hit we have to be pretty close to it for CL

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    I've got a bad feeling that there's another poor performance and dropped points here or at Stamford Bridge. We should win both comfortably based on both teams current form though.
    Chelsea are a dodgy team. They can score goals when they want and have some threatening attacking players. But if we’re at our best we beat them easily.

DJ_21

For top 5, we really need to win both of these. Big gap to close and games like Liverpool and Arsenal and Brighton to come that will be very tough. Can't expect to win every game of course, hit we have to be pretty close to it for CL
    Ye should be winning these 2 and especially with Aston Villa still having to play Arsenal, Liverpool and City. We can probably afford to drop points maybe once.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Ye should be winning these 2 and especially with Aston Villa still having to play Arsenal, Liverpool and City. We can probably afford to drop points maybe once.
    Realistically you gotta look at it like a race to 70 points. We need 23 points out of 30 available, which is 7 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.
    Villa need 14 from 27, which is 4 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses.
    Spurs need 17 from 30 which is 5 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses. Very little wiggle room for us while they have plenty.

DJ_21

Realistically you gotta look at it like a race to 70 points. We need 23 points out of 30 available, which is 7 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.
    Villa need 14 from 27, which is 4 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses.
    Spurs need 17 from 30 which is 5 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses. Very little wiggle room for us while they have plenty.
    Absolutely. I’m confident of villa dropping points though since there still in European competition and don’t have the squad to juggle 2 games a week. Also they have a tough run in, not just against the top 3 but there’s others that I feel can take points of them. Same with spurs, they have all the top 3 again. Plus Newcastle and West Ham away which are tricky games. Our toughest game is probably Chelsea/Brighton away. I’m confident we’ll beat Arsenal and Liverpool with it being at home.

RuudTom83

Always difficult to tell after International games.

Even the players who didn’t play due to injuries can miraculously recover for the weekend ;)

giggslover

Absolutely. I’m confident of villa dropping points though since there still in European competition and don’t have the squad to juggle 2 games a week. Also they have a tough run in, not just against the top 3 but there’s others that I feel can take points of them. Same with spurs, they have all the top 3 again. Plus Newcastle and West Ham away which are tricky games. Our toughest game is probably Chelsea/Brighton away. I’m confident we’ll beat Arsenal and Liverpool with it being at home.
    Agreed, I actually think we're more likely to catch Villa than Spurs. Still in Europe +Hardest schedule around +small squad could equal disaster for them, but a chance for us.

Lee565

I can see Antony starting based on the fact that his cameo against Liverpool will give ten hag a reason to select him again without it being heavily scrutinised

Crimson King

I can see Antony starting based on the fact that his cameo against Liverpool will give ten hag a reason to select him again without it being heavily scrutinised
    Garnacho played in both of Argentina's friendlies, one of which was yesterday in LA, so wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start this one to be honest.

RedRocket08

Is this one going to come a bit too soon for Licha? I'd love to see him get a half, with Victor coming on in the 2nd half, Toney of course is a risk and I'd feel a lot better with Lisandro there. They're going through a few injuries themselves so this match is definitely winnable.

Would've loved to see Amad get minutes here too, but he'll have to wait till Coventry. Garnacho to start but he should get subbed off for Antony after an hour if we're able to have a good 2-goal cushion - or the other way around where we bring on Garnacho (If he's not a 100% starter) for Antony if we're chasing the game in the 2nd half.

Real Name

I just hope we'll win on wings of Liverpool game with confidence being high and all. We gain momentum with that one and need to keep going.

Big Andy

Bloke
    I just hope we'll win on wings of Liverpool game with confidence being high and all. We gain momentum with that one and need to keep going.
    There’s always an international break after confidence boosting wins like the Liverpool one.

ColvaleGoa

Think we should be able to nick this without involving Licha.

Quietly confident that our attack should be to hot to handle whereas AwB and Dalot should help our Defence with a little stability.

Also would like to wipe the smirk of Brentford Manager. He is a bit of a smug cnut

Bertie Wooster

There’s always an international break after confidence boosting wins like the Liverpool one.
    On the one hand that's frustrating as it means we don't get the chance to build on the momentum. On the other, I quite like it when we have a good result just before an international break as it means I can feel positive about Football - and enjoy that result - for a couple of weeks. Rather than risk us messing up in the very next game and the upbeat feeling only lasting a few days before being brought right back down again.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

On the one hand that's frustrating as it means we don't get the chance to build on the momentum. On the other, I quite like it when we have a good result just before an international break as it means I can feel positive about Football - and enjoy that result - for a couple of weeks. Rather than risk us messing up in the very next game and the upbeat feeling only lasting a few days before being brought right back down again.
    100 percent this. Thanks to that memorable win, I've had a spring in my step for the past 2 weeks. At another stage in the season we could've already played 3 additional games during that period and potentially have had our mood dampened by a couple of defeats.

NLunited

I know this will be criticised but I’d happily play this. There’s something about Antony, it think he’d play well centrally. Actually scored a goal from a central position. Bruno plays well from deep too. We’ve allowed either Dalot or AWB to drift inside for an extra midfield body previously. I think we’d play well like this. Perfect opposition too.
    Onana​

AWB Varane Maguire Dalot
    Mainoo Bruno​

Garnacho Antony Rashford
    Hojlund​
    After seeing Antony play left back convincingly, I‘m not ruling out that this line up could work.

NLunited

We need 7 wins out of 10 games at a minimum. No game is easy in the PL anymore, anyone can give you a game these days.

However if we don‘t win this one, the pressure increases a lot. Brentford has injuries so we should go at them and smash them.

Red Royal

Time to avenge the embarrassment from last season...I predict us to go out to smash these lot and come home with a 2-1 victory.

DJ_21

ETH knows these games are a must win now. Especially if he wants to be here next season.

tidraKS

Onana
    AWB Varane Lindelof Dalot
    Mainoo
    Bruno Mount
    Garnacho Højlund Rashford​

Overhaul FC

Onana
    Mainoo
    Bruno Mount
    Garnacho Højlund Rashford​
    Personally I think that's far too attacking, against a team that could counter us if we're naive. We saw that earlier in the season. We've only looked better since we have played with two CDMs or a CDM with a real CM like Casemiro with Mainoo.

Any one player at CDM alone will get shafted.

I think we've got to the point again where it looks like one summer window and we could have a good 11.

tidraKS

Personally I think that's far too attacking, against a team that could counter us if we're naive. We saw that earlier in the season. We've only looked better since we have played with two CDMs or a CDM with a real CM like Casemiro with Mainoo.

Any one player at CDM alone will get shafted.

I think we've got to the point again where it looks like one summer window and we could have a good 11.
    I think that Casemiro will start, maybe Mainoo will be rested, but I'd like to see this team. I think Mount should get his chances now he's back.

BorisManUtd

Onana
    Casemiro
    Bruno Mainoo
    Garnacho Højlund Rashford

Then give some minutes to Mount, Martinez, Maguire and Amad in 2nd half.

DJ_21

Give him another week or two I say

I agree. Don’t think we should risk him. Especially with more important games coming up. Leave him out here and maybe start him for the Chelsea one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 217 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw