Bring back any player in their prime for your club but lose your summer transfer budget

Cabin Clown

Roy Keane in Herrera's place or Vidic in Smallings would be my pick.
What a bizarre post. Why Smalling? Why? If anyone take out Lindelof. Chris has been carrying our defence for weeks now. One of our best players ATM. Strengthen elsewhere for the obvious answer (for me).

Agreed with Roy though.

Heista

Supports
Ajax
So much to chose from...

Gk: van de Sar
Lb: Maxwell
Cb: Frank de Boer
Rb: Michael Reiziger / Winston Bogarde / Hatem Trabelsi
Dm: Edgar Davids
Cm: Seedorf or Rijkaard or Van de Vaart
Am: Litmanen or Sneijder
Lw: Overmars
Fw/St: Bergkamp or Van Basten or Kluivert or Suarez or Nwankwo Kanu
Rw: Finidi George

And thats leaving out obvious choices I have not seen play live for Ajax, like Cruyff and such

Tiber

Obviously Ronaldo. He would score a bazillion goals and we would win the league.

Hell, that night still happen if we signed the current version

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
I'd go with Edwards, Charlton, Best, Maradona, Gascoigne.

I didn't see the first three play and the other two were players I always wanted to have play for Manchester United.

United players I have seen. Giggs, Ronaldo, Robson would be my choices.

Minkaro

Keane. I think he'd improve the midfield massively. I think Pogba would benefit from him being there too.

MrEleson

Ronaldo probably. Knowing his consistency and longevity at the top: you would get at least 10 World Class seasons out of him after turning 25..making it a no-brainer. You could spend money on other players in following years.

Charlton would be the obvious answer without Pogba. With Pogba here you'd be replacing our best player for another that would surpass him by miles, however there are weaker areas.

Ronaldos prime was at Madrid on the LW so shunting him to the right would be stupid.

Roy Keane in Herrera's place or Vidic in Smallings would be my pick.
Does that really matter though considering he won a Ballon D'or playing pre-dominantly from the RW? He would still be by far away the best RW in the league and solve the RW debacle.

Bokito

For my local team in the Netherlands (FC Den Bosch): a prime RVN would be nice. He would destroy the league ;-)

For Manchester United: probably a prime Beckham on the right, imagine what Lukaku could do with those crosses!

For the Dutch NT: Rijkaard. A Rijkaard / Frenkie de Jong pairing would be wonderful in midfield! Alternatively: a prime Robben on the wing, switching positions with Memphis and Bergwijn continuously.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Prime Thierry Henry would crush this league. I would love Vieira but he would be looking for a move to Madrid or Barca within weeks of arriving at 2019 Arsenal.

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
Interesting. Liverpool ex-player only, I'm tempted to say Suarez because he's the best player we've had (that I have seen) - and he'd be a HUGE upgrade on Firmino. He's basically Firmino on steroids as it is so no need to really change style of play either.

But it's our midfield that needs the most improvements - we have plenty of runners but very little finesse and creativity, so I would probably go with Gerrard - we have the players to back him and let him run riot anyway (Fabinho and two of Gini/Milner/Henderson to support). I'mt not sure how that would work with his issues around keeping discipline in midfield and whether thats' what we really need, or just someone to be bloody good. He'd be the spearhead of the midfield anyway, more involved in attack and less in defence.

But if it's any player in history, then definitely Messi. No brainer really.

PGLFC91

Supports
Liverpool
Lionel Messi. Without of a shadow of a doubt.

If only LFC player - Stevie.

stevoc

Don't see the point of bringing Ronaldo back he would only want to leave again.

Of all the players i've seen then it has to be Roy.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
From my club? Xabi Alonso. Still my all-time favourite Liverpool player.

From any club? Well, Messi. Although VVD & Maldini would be fun :lol:

MrEleson

He played his best for us from the left, only right wing in his early United days.
He played RW for almost all of the 06-07 season and most of the 07-08 and 08-09 seasons. He only played LW depending on who was his opposite wing partner. If it was Giggs (which it was majority of the time), he almost always played RW because Giggs never really played on the right. If it was Nani, he'd start from the RW and they'd swap wings constantly throughout the match. Only when it was Hargreaves or Fletcher playing from RM did he stay predominantly on the LW.

flappyjay

David Beckham in his prime on the right wing would be awsome in this team.
I am torn between him and cr7
. On one hand Ronnie scores goals on the other Becks would feed the strikers and potentially be an alternative creative spark when Pogba is not up for it

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Personally I'd want Keane but I'm not sure how he would cope with being a pro footballer in 2019- too many fairies, making up coordinated dances in the dressing room and too much social media shite.

Ronaldo is probably the right answer for us right now, he'd be tremendous on the right wing. Interchanging with our other forwards like he used to with Rooney and Tevez. His 30+ goals a season would instantly make us title challengers.

Marcus

Keano. As good as having an extra player on the field, until he gets sent off.

Cloud7

Ex United players? Ronaldo, without a doubt.

All of world football? R9 to lead our line. A world class attack all by himself.

poleglass red

Ronaldo would be the common choice but for me Keano. We so desperately lack the ability to dictate the pace of games and control midfield.

Tarrou

Keano

we'd be challenging next season with him commanding the midfield

Jibbs

For Ronaldo it doesn't matter where you put him in the team formation, right wing, left wing, center... he just knows his way to goal.

The Penguin

Being an Ajax-fan, Litmanen. Not just a great player with a beautiful style, but a true gentleman as well. Modest, hardworking and a great teamplayer. A shame how his career went after the first time he left Ajax, really deserved better.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Keane or Beckham.

Beckham was criminally under rated, he would still be immense today.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Best for sentiment and sheer charisma, Robson because it annoys me how people keep saying Keane, but to be honest, love him or loathe him, it should be Ronaldo.